TNA General

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, thekorean said:

Too bad they let Scotland's native son, Drew Galloway go.

Think it was more Galloway wanting to go. He's far too good for them, but then so are most of their roster, as they're a wee pishy organisation. 

• 4 weeks later...

I watched it on Friday. The production values and presentation have increased massively. The roster is pretty decent. Sadly the booking is still pretty shit.

Low Ki made a surprise return and won the X Division title, but the focus was on heel commentator Josh Matthews instead after the match.

I think a lot of the direction of TNA just now is driven by Anthem's agenda for Fight Network. Doing different deals like joint tours and talent sharing with various companies like AAA in Mexico. I think they basically want everything else that WWE Network isn't showing. I don't think they can be a direct competitor to WWE Network but they can be a strong number 2.

Hugely unsubtle digs at JBL there.

However, what a fucking abysmal opening segment. It's 2017. Get right to f**k with heel commentator crap. They actually gave TV and mic time to this garbage, all whilst piping in fake booing as absolutely no one gave a f**k.

Anyway, Matt Sydal has just debuted.

Dear me, a tag team actually called Veterans of War, with the clowns wearing camo gear. One of them even had two bandoliers of bullets across his chest (Crimson, who has a new name now). The commentators are wanking on about how they bravely served their country and such shite, and the crowd are chanting 'USA! USA!'.

TNA can sign all the new folk they want and have all the production values going, but with shite like this and shite like heel commentators getting air time and mic time, they'll continue to struggle.

• 4 weeks later...