What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Guest BRFC_Fan

Recently watched a film called bubba ho-tep about elvis and jfk alive and in a nursing home fighting a mummy that is stealing souls sounds rubbish but was one of the best films i've seen in a long time. Also stars bruce campbell of evil dead fame and thats always good.

They did a Scary Movie 2 as well  ;)

It was worse than the first  :lol:

476381[/snapback]

I watched "Not Another Teen Movie" last night. It parodies 80s stuff such as Pretty In Pink and later stuff such as Varsity Blues and a host of others.

I thought it was good. 7/10.

Jim would love it.

Recently watched a film called bubba ho-tep about elvis and jfk alive and in a nursing home fighting a mummy that is stealing souls sounds rubbish but was one of the best films i've seen in a long time. Also stars bruce campbell of evil dead fame and thats always good.

476430[/snapback]

Excellent!!

Bubba Ho-Tep is one of the best movies I've ever seen. I'd recommend anyone to watch it. Bruse Campbell and the late Ossie Davis should have had Academy award nominations for their performances. Certainly the best Elvis I've ever seen!

I also had the unfortunate pleasure of watching the opening scene of 'Scary Movie' last night. Fortunately I had the common sense to switch it off :D

VALIANT_POSTR_02.png

I've got kids, okay! <_<:rolleyes: It's not a bad film and there are plent of WW2 film reference in it to amuse the adults, although I found the storyline a tad predictable. However the effects are very good! 7/10! ;)

Edited by THEKILT

Guest Pompey
Good man.  Pompey, I suggest you watch it again!!

476312[/snapback]

I probably will, next time I'll wear my glasses so I can see the subtitles and not have to concentrate on working out the German!

Guest thebullywee
Prompted by the banter in the gallery thread, Life Of Brian on DVD.

:lol:  :lol:

10/10

477518[/snapback]

"What have the romans ever done for us"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm so glad I don't watch rubbish movies (although Closer was definately an exception)

475621[/snapback]

:lol: i'm impressed. normally i have to watch a film before i know if it's rubbish or not! :P:rolleyes:

My ex-girlfriend was obsessed by that film - I saw it about 100 times. It is worth watching for the "Tiny Dancer" bus scene. What a song! (Though the Foo Fighters cover was arguably better)

475632[/snapback]

brilliant scene! :D

Last film i saw was the interpreter and wasnt too impressed. 6 or 7 out of 10.

the remake of war of the worlds looks good though! :)

Guest Stella Addict

Got a few dvd's out over the weekend...

Redemption - Film about the guy who founded the Crips gang. PISH!! I turned it off after about 25 minutes - 0.5/10

Se7en - The bird wanted to watch a Brad Pitt film. It's an alright film, Spacey plays quite a good nut job! 7/10

The Forgotten - Quite a weird film. Plot is about a women who cannot let go of her dead son, she is seeing a shrink about it and then her husband loses it and tells her that she never had a son. She runs off, finds some drunk who lost his daughter in the same plane crash, although he says he never had a daughter. He then remembers, they both go on the run from the feds and it turns out their children were abducted by aliens :ph34r:

If they hadn't gone down that route and thought of a better explanation for the children going missing/dead it would have been good. 5/10

watched 'be cool' last night- ok, so its never going to be a classic but was very entertaining and easy to watch (could christina milian ever not be easy to watch?)- also had 100's of cameo roles so that evry 2 seconds i was turning to my bird and saying "was that... fred durst/wyclef jean/andre 3000 etc etc"

rated- 7/10

Edited by arab_joe

Watched a couple of DVDs at the weekend.

Lost in Translation: I like Bill Murray and it was an impressive piece of work, but I wouldn't say I enjoyed it as such. Some bits were funny and the love story was well done. I couldn't hear what the hell they were saying half the time. 7.5/10

Enduring Love: An interesting film featuring Rhys Ifans as Daniel Craig's stalker. I thought it was an interesting film and didn't take the turns I expected. My burd didn't like it as much as she said that she didn't identify or like any of the characters in it. I enjoyed it though and would recommend it. 8/10