What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

watched St Vincent tonight.

Bill Murray plays an alcoholic, gambling, hooker loving, Vietnam veteran who starts to look after his neighbours kid. typical heart warming story of grumpy loner who is touched (now now!) by the young boy after teaching the young boy the ways of the world.

generally quite a poor film but Sir Bill Murray is in it so of course it cant be completely terrible.

5/10

eta away to watch Zombieland. seen it a few times but Bill Murray is excellent in his cameo

I really enjoyed seeing that at the cinema but for some reason have had no interest in ever watching it again. Clearly didn't make a lasting impression. Think I gave it 9 on this thread so I'll need to give it another look.
which one?

14 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
On ‎16‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 16:35, JustOneCornetto said:
The Truman Show - DVD
Still looks good and my favourite Peter Weir film. Jim Carrey is really good and this is arguably his best performance.
8.5/10

Have you watched The Majestic? He's very good in that as well. A serious role. I think he gets a bit of stick for only being a comedy actor but any 'serious' film I've seen him in he's been convincing. Eternal Sunshine being another.

Haven't seen that but reading about it on IMDB it sounds right up my street. I'll put in on my list of 'must see'.

Mission impossible: Fallout - 8.5/10.
Love the MI series and thought this looked great but it was way better than I could have thought. Really enjoyed it.
im surprised at the amount of love for the new Mission Impossible film. i havent enjoyed one since the second one so was going to give this one a swerve. reckon ill have to give it a go now

1 hour ago, ah-dee said:
2 hours ago, 11thHour said:
Mission impossible: Fallout - 8.5/10.
Love the MI series and thought this looked great but it was way better than I could have thought. Really enjoyed it.

im surprised at the amount of love for the new Mission Impossible film. i havent enjoyed one since the second one so was going to give this one a swerve. reckon ill have to give it a go now

The only MI film I wasn't fussed on was 3...  I'd say the rest have been pretty consistently good.

6 hours ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

It was definitely there. Nothing wrong in there that I seen either 

Hmm weird. Was it the “r” word? Can whoever pulled it confirm? Not much use pulling posts if you don’t let the writer know what the issue was for future reference! 

Anyway: bullet point was it was a big 9/10 for me.

First Reformed (Prince Charles Cinema)

A very art house film starring Ethan Hawke, Amanda Seyfried and Cedric the Entertainer. Hawke plays a reformed veteran who turns to priesthood after the death of his son. He ends up counselling Seyfried's husband who is a very staunch environmental activist. More ensues however I don't want to give away any spoilers. It's very slow and quiet however some of the shots were spectacular and the acting was great.

9/10

46 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

A quiet place

Good idea but it didn't do it for me. Is it not easier just to live beside the waterfall or put a speaker up a tree to distract them?

:lol:

Was there a sale on the Prometheus alien effect too? Looked a bit familiar.

They also must have had the world's quietest generator supplying the juice for their illuminated field.

Oh, and when there are sound sensitive aliens about, don't make an uncontrollable screaming machine which you have to stuff in a box to deaden its sound.