Rugster

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Christophe    673

mother! 2/10

This was....something! Had a solid 8/10 in the bag too until the final act which was just stupid and embarrassing. (cinema)

Edited by Christophe

ListerRRFC    85

Went to the double bill of Kingsman last night. Forgot how many good moments the first one has. The sequel isn't quite as good but is a very respectable and worthy follow-up. There's lots of plays on jokes from the original and every scene with Mark Strong is absolutely gold.

munro7    49

I also went to the double bill of Kingsman last night but they announced at the end of the first one that the courier hadn't arrived with the second one so what was advertised as a double bill would in fact be a single!

Christophe    673

(172)

Legend 7/10

Tom Hardy as Reggie Leg and Cate Blanchett as Ronnie End, pretty entertaining, proper mad them pair! Didn't like the voiceover and schmaltzy soundtrack at times mind you. (Film4)

Twinkle    758

Kingsman - The Golden Circle

Fuckin loved every minute of it. From the very start, the action scenes are tremendous and some of the lines that were in it had me howling. Didnt know about Elton John having a part but it looked like he thoroughly enjoyed his role. If you are a fan of the first, then the second will be right up your street

Kingsman - The Golden Circle

Fuckin loved every minute of it. From the very start, the action scenes are tremendous and some of the lines that were in it had me howling. Didnt know about Elton John having a part but it looked like he thoroughly enjoyed his role. If you are a fan of the first, then the second will be right up your street

Save the world and you’ll get back stage passes.

Christophe    673

(173)

Detroit 6.5/10

Proper brutal film this, classic Bigelow all handheld shaky cams and that, very good performances and quite believable BUT could have done without the #notallpolice stuff presumably just shoved in there to make sure whites don't feel too uncomfortable, and definitely could have shaved about half an hour off to make it a better film. (cinema)

Richie95    321

Guardians of the Galaxy 2

The first film is my second favourite MCU film so far (after Winter Soldier, although I still have Homecoming to see) so I was excited to finally see the sequel.  Overall the film wasn't that bad, I enjoyed the first two acts of it, although the ending was a bit meh and some of the jokes don't really work as well compared to the first film.

7.5/10

Popstar

I am a big fan of Andy Samberg and I especially like his work in the Lonely Island. Just like GoftG 2, the first two acts were actually quite funny, whilst the ending, although good, just wasn't as good as the start of it. Although, I still have half the songs stuck in my head and its been five days since I seen it. 

7/10

jimmy boo    264

Unacknowledged......... -----000000/10

Alerted for this from Terrarrium app.....some crackpot Doctor talking about aliens visiting Earth. Some lunatics with tin foil hats giving it 9/10 on IMDB.

Don't waste any minutes of your life...

Slacker    389

Blade Runner. 5/10.

Will probably get slaughtered for this as it seems to be a P&B favourite, but it was just not my cup of tea. Found it to be too slow and the characters weren't interesting enough. Looks amazing though.

Shandon Par    6,430

Wind River 7/10 

Solid enough. Jeremy Renner is the strong, silent type, Elizabeth Olsen the fresh faced FBI agent with big doe eyes. A wee bit like The KIlling with less rain and more snow. Wasn't too sold on the final act but overall a decent way to kill the time. 

Slacker    389

Baby Driver. 8/10.

This was a cool film and entertaining throughout. The characters were interesting but I felt there could've been more done between Baby and Spacey's character at the end.

Christophe    673

(174)

Wind River 4/10

Don't believe the hype, this was just a bog standard fairly predictable thriller with everyone except the main protaganist pretty one-dimensional (especially all the red indians) whilst dressing it all up as some kind of social justice film. Another fairly obvious sop to white audiences to make the main character a white for no obvious reason when he lives in a native community, works as a hunter, has native ex-wife etc. Getting  bit tired of that shit in 2017. (cinema)

Frankie S    354

Mother 5/10

Enjoyed the first half of this. and was settling in for a claustrophobic home invasion horror movie,  but it quickly degenerated into heavy-handed allegorical guff. What could have been a decent genre flick morphed into a self-indulgent fable. It's hard to resist the conclusion  that Aronofsky takes himself far too seriously: investing the well-worn archetype of the tortured artist (assailed by, and dependent upon, his adoring public) with unsubtle Old Testament overtones came off as self-aggrandising. Michelle Pfeiffer is absolutely wonderful in this though. 

Edited by Frankie S

ftk    189

The Accountant (sky cinema) 7/10
Good action film with a decent enough story.

J_Stewart    2,214

The Grand Budapest Hotel

Few years since I watched it, remains a minor masterpiece. Brilliant performances, excellent dialogue, and beautifully shot. Wes Anderson's best work, IMO, and I'm a big fan of the vast majority of his films.

Ralph Fiennes, Jeff Goldblum and Bill Murray

throbber    4,008

My girlfriend saw Mother in the cinema and was talking me through the events of the film which had clearly traumatised her, surely it can't be as much madness as she described?!

Christophe    673

(175)

Una 3/10

Bad. Victim of a paedo finds the paedo 15 years later and confronts him in a completely not at all credible way, absolute rubbish. (cinema)

Edited by Christophe

mrcat1990    1,390

Son of Saul - 8/10

Anyone attempting to touch the holocaust via film is taking massive risk by trying not to come across grotesque and crass. This is a film that conveys the utter horrifying situation in the best way I can imagine. An absolutely grim, harrowing and stunning peice. Not going to give any of the plot away but definitely watch it, unless feeling down or anything as will definitely send you over the edge.