What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Sleepless ( illegal means )

Erm... this wasn't bad actually. Basic enough plot, carried out fairly logically with some daft shit going down, as it always does in action thrillers. Nothing to drag it down too much, nothing to make it amazing. A fairly easy way to spend 90 minutes I thought.

7/10

2 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Got this on my SKY planner....worth watching? Is it a racial tension type drama like American History X ?

It's excellent. Well-acted (especially by Daniel Kaluuya) with an unsettling atmosphere throughout due to nothing really seeming right, and you squirm in your seat along with Chris (the main character) as the family try and compensate for their beliefs. It is certainly tense for the majority of it but I think that mostly comes from how tense Chris is. I hated the ending, though.

I do think calls for Best Picture are a bit much but great nonetheless. 

The Post.

Like a slower, less entertaining version of Spotlight. No surprise to see it was written by the same guy. Spielberg does a few interesting things with it but it essentially is the poor man's Spotlight.

6/10.

The Commuter

Similar premise to the film Liam Neeson did on a plane. This time on a train. Beginning to tire of Neeson's brand of action which is just repeating the same character and plot line from Taken and seeing how far he can go with it. He's a good actor that's refusing to push himself. Still good fun but nothing new.

5/10.

Brian Cox's portrayal as Churchill a year or so ago is a wonderfully underrated performance. Not seen Darkest Hour as of yet but by all accounts it sounds like Oldman has greatly surpassed his portrayal?

Finally got round to watching Logan at the weekend.  Thought it was exceptional and probably my favourite of the "X-men" films, if it can be classed as that.
The room got a bit dusty at points.
9/10

Been choking to see this having been away when it hit cinemas. Got it on the planner so look forward to giving it a watch

Just watched T2 Trainspotting on sky movies. Had already seen it in the cinema and loved it even more second time round. Think they absolutely nailed it - knew they'd never match the first so didn't try. Made it a great film in its own right and while it relies heavily on nostalgia, none of it really seems forced (apart from the choose life but maybe)

Also, the cinematography is excellent. Edinburgh has never looked so sexy! The shots of Arthur's Seat when Renton and Spud go for a run are stunning!

Which basically goes to prove.
See if you want to know if a movie is worth a recommendation? Watch it for yourself and find out.

^^^ This, was on a thread about it on another site and loads were giving it 9/10, saying it was excellent. Even been Oscar nominated for best movie. Not for me though.

Three Billboards 8.5/10

Cant say there were many fault with this,the ending perhaps if i was being pernickity. All the lead actors were excellent especially Rockwell

Darkest Hour 5/10

Oldman in one of the best roles hes every likely to play. The downside is that its on for over two hours and not a great deal happens. It also paints Churchill as a drunken inept idiot which i found to be quite bizarre

Lady Bird 4/10

Coming of age film starring Saiorese Ronan. 94 minutes of my life i will never get back. She plays an irratating teen with very few redeeming qualities. The only thing that salvages the film slightly is Laurie Metcalf as her mother

6 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Three Billboards 8.5/10

Cant say there were many fault with this,the ending perhaps if i was being pernickity. All the lead actors were excellent especially Rockwell

Darkest Hour 5/10

Oldman in one of the best roles hes every likely to play. The downside is that its on for over two hours and not a great deal happens. It also paints Churchill as a drunken inept idiot which i found to be quite bizarre

Lady Bird 4/10

Coming of age film starring Saiorese Ronan. 94 minutes of my life i will never get back. She plays an irratating teen with very few redeeming qualities. The only thing that salvages the film slightly is Laurie Metcalf as her mother

Is 'Lady Bird' out in the UK yet? 

Completely agree about 'Darkest Hour' - its Best Picture nomination is quite bizarre. 

3 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Is 'Lady Bird' out in the UK yet? 

Completely agree about 'Darkest Hour' - its Best Picture nomination is quite bizarre. 

Out in February in the UK. Was in and out of town in a hurry over here.