What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Terminator 2, Evil Dead 2, Superman 2, The Dark Knight, Aliens, Star Trek II, Empire Strikes Back, Citizen Kane 2.

Forgot about TDK though that was always going to be a trilogy and the first was laying the groundwork. I've never seen the rest.

And empire strikes back  and possibly Lethal Weapon 2 ,and Toy Story 2

Toy Story 2 is the worst of the Toy Story films.

35 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Forgot about TDK though that was always going to be a trilogy and the first was laying the groundwork. I've never seen the rest.

Toy Story 2 is the worst of the Toy Story films.

That was my favourite blank cassette tape back in the day.........that and BASF Chrome. The youngsters won't have a clue what that means:lol:

tenor.gif?itemid=7234486

No gifs will make it untrue! It's 1, 3 then 2.

That was my favourite blank cassette tape back in the day.........that and BASF Chrome. The youngsters won't have a clue what that means[emoji38]

There's a blast from the past! I can remember those as well.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

No gifs will make it untrue! It's 1, 3 then 2.

There's a blast from the past! I can remember those as well.

Respect old yin:thumsup2

In my high end hifi separates system I had a Pioneer cassette deck with electronic level meters and tuner with big mad multi element aerial.....and an amplifier with big output analogue level meters. Then I bought Linn and ditched that nonsense.

I 100% agree with this. I love them all though.

I'd put 3 over 1 but overall I'd agree the sentiment.

As most would I think. Not sure if it's because of my age or whatever, but it just didn't do it for me!

Me too. I enjoyed it but didn't think it was great as some make out.

Last couple of nights been watching a few movies as we got a TV bed!

Crash

Loved this. Having read blurb and watched the first ten minutes thought it would be a bit pretentious and lecturing but most of the characters were terrific. Some brilliant scenes including one were I genuinely was holding my breath.

9/10

A Bronx Tale

Enjoyed this also but it felt a little cliched at times. Shocked to read actor that played the son in this was charged with attempted murder a few years after this. 7.5/10

On 07/01/2018 at 22:15, Bully Wee Villa said:

Terminator 2, Evil Dead 2, Superman 2, The Dark Knight, Aliens, Star Trek II, Empire Strikes Back, Citizen Kane 2.

Alien is far superior to Aliens in my opinion. The latter is a decent action set piece with an overly cloy ending. The original is a tight as f**k horror story that still looks superb and has brilliant acting throughout (although Weaver's best turn as Ripley is probably Alien 3)

Edited by renton

I don't think there's much between the first two Alien movies, but I'd give Alien the edge for sure. The tension and atmosphere in the first one is absolutely perfect.

Can't help appreciate that they went for a completely different type of movie for the second one, and succeeded so well in doing it, but I'd have Alien as an all time classic. Aliens doesn't quite match that.

36 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

I don't think there's much between the first two Alien movies, but I'd give Alien the edge for sure. The tension and atmosphere in the first one is absolutely perfect.

Can't help appreciate that they went for a completely different type of movie for the second one, and succeeded so well in doing it, but I'd have Alien as an all time classic. Aliens doesn't quite match that.

Absolutely, and Cameron was the right pick in broadening out the concept to the Sci-Fi action movie it became. The highlight of it is really the practical FX (the Power loader/Queen battle still looks brilliant today) and world building, but it never really nails the tension (one of the better moments, the survivors anxiously looking at the depleting ammo counters on the sentry guns, didn't even make the theatrical release) and squanders the  inherent dread of being strung up in the Alien nest to gestate the young: Alien 3, a curate's egg with a decent post theatrical version, did much better with that and Weaver post revelation that's she's carrying the queen:the weary resignation and existential dread in that movie carries a very weak plot with the Alien itself, and Fincher's cinematography is outstanding.

19 minutes ago, Co.Down Hibee said:

I think Aliens 3 is a bit underrated,not as good as the first 2 but doesn't deserve the flak it gets imo.

4 is dreadful.

Let us never speak of it again

On 04/01/2018 at 22:39, Arch Stanton said:

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (watched through the Covenant add-on in kodi)

I really wanted to like this having enjoyed director McDonagh's previous works In Bruges and Seven Psychopaths.

However there really isn't anything to recommend other than McDormand's excellent acting.

There are plot holes a-plenty and numerous acts of violence by Police and public alike which are carried out with total impunity rendering the storyline as unbelievable.

I didn't know what to expect from this but thought it was excellent and certainly didn't expect so many laugh out loud moments. I'd never heard of McDormand before and can watch anything with Harrelson in it..........8/10.