What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Watched a lot of films over Christmas, because I can see my family any time, and films won't watch themselves (plus I'm bored at work).

Pulp Fiction (Netflix) - 10/10. Watched this god knows how many times before, but haven't seen it in years. Still a perfect film.

Into The Wild (Netflix) - 6/10. Clever graduate goes exploring. Decent enough, but absolutely no need for it to last as long as it does.

Pottersville (Netflix) - 1/10. Michael Shannon gets drunk and dresses as Sasquatch. People believe it's real, he doesn't tell anyone. It's a Christmas film, apparently...

Creed (Netflix) - 3/10. Rocky trains Apollo Creed's son, or something. Didn't enjoy it at all.

Creep 2 (Netflix) - 8/10. Absolutely loved the first film, and the second is of a similar standard, which is a surprise for a horror. Aspiring filmmaker answers ad from a guy looking to make a film about himself. Guy is a weirdo. #scenes ensue.

Long Time Running (Netflix) - 6/10. Documentary about massive-in-Canada band The Tragically Hip on their final tour, after frontman Gord Downie is diagnosed with brain cancer. Without trying to sound insensitive, it felt padded out, one would expect because they were expecting him to die at the end of filming, therefore having additional material, but alas... Died in October and they rush-released the film as a result.

Forbidden Games: The Justin Fashanu Story (Netflix) - 7/10. Documentary about Justin Fashanu, the first £1m black footballer, who also came out as gay while still playing. Interesting enough, and both he and his brother John both come out pretty badly from it, imo.

Barry - 4/10 (Netflix). Story of Barack Obama in college. Needless, and uneventful.

Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle - 5/10 (cinema) -  Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson stars as Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson in a film which Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson is classic Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson and makes lots of money for the film company because he is Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson and people love Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson. Thought Jack Black was great and Karen Gillan is lovely. Aside from that, it was very, very dull.

Had a bit of a binge over that last few days.

Downsizing -- One of the worst movies I think I've ever seen. Seriously, a major decision in the plot is taken because Matt Damon doesn't fancy walking for eleven hours. Oh, and it's horrendously racist. 1/10

The Shape of Water -- The latest from Guilermo del Toro is about a mute woman who falls in love with a fish. It's much better than it sounds. 7/10

Pitch Perfect 3 -- f**k you, I loved it. 8/10

Loving Vincent -- A weird movie where each frame is literally an oil painting. About the death of Vincent Van Gogh and some dodgy exposition laden dialogue aside, it was pretty good. Just stunning to look at. Jerome Flynn out of off of The Game of the Thrones is in it and he looks EXACTLY like the real Dr. Gachet who features in a Van Gogh portrait. 7/10

9 minutes ago, MSU said:

Had a bit of a binge over that last few days.

Downsizing -- One of the worst movies I think I've ever seen. Seriously, a major decision in the plot is taken because Matt Damon doesn't fancy walking for eleven hours. Oh, and it's horrendously racist. 1/10

The Shape of Water -- The latest from Guilermo del Toro is about a mute woman who falls in love with a fish. It's much better than it sounds. 7/10

Pitch Perfect 3 -- f**k you, I loved it. 8/10

Loving Vincent -- A weird movie where each frame is literally an oil painting. About the death of Vincent Van Gogh and some dodgy exposition laden dialogue aside, it was pretty good. Just stunning to look at. Jerome Flynn out of off of The Game of the Thrones is in it and he looks EXACTLY like the real Dr. Gachet who features in a Van Gogh portrait. 7/10

Where did you watch 'The Shape of Water'?

Victoria

A Spanish burd living in Berlin hooks up with a bunch of grade A twats and gets dragged into a particularly unpleasant situation.

The first hour was pretty slow and I nearly  gave up on it. I'm glad I never though. It was exhilarating after that. Kinda frustrating too. I felt like screaming at her to just get out of there.

8/10, would have been 10 but for the boring first hour.

Edited by tongue_tied_danny

mother!

My thoughts are mixed on this but all positive. I can't recall ever watching a film with my eyes scrunched in confusion for the most part. I had a theory that turned out to be way off but nearer the end I figured out Bardem's character (yet no one elses [emoji38]).

It's a really difficult film to discuss without dropping spoilers. I enjoyed it but afterwards I read the article below to clarify everything and it enhanced my rating.

For the director to pull off what he has without making it obvious (until you read up on it) I think took great skill.

I can see why some folk wouldn't appreciate it but I thought it was very good.

7/10 then 8/10 after reading the article.

Edited to add I took the link out as it has a spoiler in the title! FWIW it was The Telegraph's take on the meaning behind the film.

Logan Lucky.

Preposterous nonsense with Daniel Craig who gets sprung from jail to help a bunch of rednecks rob Charlotte Motor Speedway during a big race weekend. Could've done with being 30 minutes shorter. Still strangely enjoyed it.....6/10.