What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Commando is fucking brilliant. A glorious slice of ludicrous nonsense. It's genuinely one of my favourite films.
Even the opening credits had me chuckling, what with the shots of Matrix's biceps that cuts to a shot of him and his daughter feeding a deer. An excellent juxtaposition that lets you know this promises to be astonishing. Him smelling the enemy on the wind is an early indication of the glory to come.
Colonel John Matrix is a great name for a character by the way.
One thing I've always wondered though; where did Bennett get those fucking goons from? They're all wee shitey pussies, especially Sully.

Matrix sniffing the wind is glorious film making, right there.

Bennet is hugely camp, which makes just the film all the better.
"It sounds like you fear this Matrix!"
"Of course, I'm smart."
And why shouldn't a highly trained black ops marine choose to channel his inner Mercury, bizarre chain mail vest and all? Matrix has just dispatched Cook btw

2 minutes ago, pittsburgh phil said:
8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
Bennet is hugely camp, which makes just the film all the better.
"It sounds like you fear this Matrix!"
"Of course, I'm smart."

And why shouldn't a highly trained black ops marine choose to channel his inner Mercury, bizarre chain mail vest and all? Matrix has just dispatched Cook btw

Exactly.

Matrix is a time efficient guy. He knows he only has a short time to save his daughter, so takes full advantage of the time saving properties of montages. Some guy.

Exactly.
Matrix is a time efficient guy. He knows he only has a short time to save his daughter, so takes full advantage of the time saving properties of montages. Some guy.
The Matrix that is John Matrix is about to go postal. Bennett has now lost confidence in General Arius. I can only see this going one way, with Bennett screaming bizarre threats before being impaled by a massive section of industrial heating pipe.

3 minutes ago, pittsburgh phil said:
12 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
Exactly.

The Matrix that is John Matrix is about to go postal. Bennett has now lost confidence in General Arius. I can only see this going one way, with Bennett screaming bizarre threats before being impaled by a massive section of industrial heating pipe.

Only after Matrix has absolutely massacred a small enemy army, using guns and the contents of a potting shed.

Edited by DA Baracus

14 minutes ago, pittsburgh phil said:

There's surely a film to be made about the Matrix/Bennet glory days, right?

That would be incredible.

The end fight here is something else. Exceptional stuff. I forgot about Bennett getting electrocuted and gaining super strength from it

That would be incredible.
The end fight here is something else. Exceptional stuff. I forgot about Bennett getting electrocuted and gaining super strength from it
Despite getting a short boost after his absolutely bizarre electric shock, to my conservative estimate he then shipped about 10 unanswered punches...