What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Watched the first two Human Centipede films in the last few nights, had never seen them before but had heard they were absolutely disgusting without hearing the details about what exactly a human centipede was.

Think the first one was great and you could believe something like that actually happening, there is also quite a bit left to the imagination and it isn't completely all out there for shock factor. The second one is just absolutely revolting with no proper storyline in it and very little dialogue, just absolutely obscene violence for the sake of it. I have heard about 3 minutes of it got edited out and I assume quite a bit of this included the newborn baby but I hate to think how bad it was considering the stuff they left in.

Have only seen the first one but it left me with absolutely no desire to see the second. Totally f**ked up.

48 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Have only seen the first one but it left me with absolutely no desire to see the second. Totally f**ked up.

It is fucked up but there is a good storyline to it and there is a chance that a skilled surgeon that is totally fucked in the head could pull such an event off. The second one is just madness, the man isn't even a doctor and the victims are anaesthetised using a crowbar FFS!

Black Butterfly

Antonio Banderos gets involved in a bit of a tussle with a guy in a diner. Jonathan Rhys Meyers plays a drifter that helps him out, and then Banderos picks him up and allows him to stay. Things go from there to become a thriller where Meyers goes a bit mental. It's a movie which clearly thinks it's smarter than it is, but as a dumb thriller, it works surprisingly well. Plenty of hammy stuff, with a couple of "oh fucking come on!!" ridiculous moments towards the end. Despite that, it remains oddly fun, and a cracking way to spend 90 minutes.

7/10

9 minutes ago, throbber said:

It is fucked up but there is a good storyline to it and there is a chance that a skilled surgeon that is totally fucked in the head could pull such an event off. The second one is just madness, the man isn't even a doctor and the victims are anaesthetised using a crowbar FFS!

The South Park spoof episode is pretty funny.

Deserter (2002 starring Tom Hardy based on a book by Simon Murray about his 5 years in the French Foreign Legion.  It's set mainly in Algeria at the time of Independence Uprising circa '62.  Definitely worth watching.

Wonder Woman

Finally, one of these DC films that doesn't take itself too seriously.  Good fun all the way through, although it does fall into the "last 20 mins CGI fest" that all these films have.  Captain Kirk was dependably Captain Kirk-y.  Ewen Bremner can do better than "drunken Scottish comic relief" though.

She is ridiculously hot as well.

8/10

On 7/5/2017 at 12:55, GrahamJags said:

All Eyez On Me - 5/10. Some of the acting is abysmal at times, and its far longer than it needed to be. Felt like I was waiting for him to get shot for ages.

Come on, spoilers ffs!

Baby Driver is a whole lot of fun. It dosen't make a lick of sense at times and the ending is disappointing but the cinematography and editing is superb. Visually stunning film with a good cast. Jamie Foxx was a great dickhead in it. Not sure we need a sequel but I'll go see it.   

Kedi

Documentary about streetcats in Istanbul and the residents of the city who look after them. If an animal lover its great but unsure if hate cats will dig it. As much a film about cats as it is about the kindness of people. 8/10.

Wonder Woman
Finally, one of these DC films that doesn't take itself too seriously.  Good fun all the way through, although it does fall into the "last 20 mins CGI fest" that all these films have.  Captain Kirk was dependably Captain Kirk-y.  Ewen Bremner can do better than "drunken Scottish comic relief" though.
She is ridiculously hot as well. 8/10

Aye, but what about the film?

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Made to look even better by spending so much time on screen with Jasper Carrott's daughter, who seems to have switched from carrots to pies.

Well, the character is called Etta Candy, so it's hardly subtle.