What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Way Out West. On the big screen at the National Media Museum in Bradford, during the 2017 UK Sons of the Desert Convention (the Laurel and Hardy Appreciation Society).

Way Out West. On the big screen at the National Media Museum in Bradford, during the 2017 UK Sons of the Desert Convention (the Laurel and Hardy Appreciation Society).

Well, shut my mouth! I'm from the south too!

Kong:Skull Island 6/10

Really wanted this to be better, and really should have been. Special effects and the fight scenes are very impressive which is why i didn't rate lower, but there is not enough background information on the characters or story to be interested in what they are doing / why they go to the island. Could have done with being at least 30 minutes longer or cutting some other stuff out and adding more story before they got to the island. The lizard monsters as well as being ridiculous with just 2 legs, the no skin on their heads reminded me of monsters from another movie but cant think which.

To be fair i think the most exciting part of the movie for me was in the credits with the images of Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidra.

Absolutely loved Guardians 2. Can't argue with the comedy being a bit over riding at times but the movie was just great fun so I don't really care.

I'll go as high as a 9/10 for it.

This.

Plus Baby Groot.

(88)

Fear Eats The Soul 6.5/10

Fassbinder film I'd never seen and has recently been reissued (not sure why). Not bad but a bit not sure why it seems to have been accorded masterpiece status really, not completely convinced by the narrative and peoples behaviour seemed a bit arbitrary all the way through. Overall decent though

X Men: Apocalypse

Didn't bother with this at the cinema as the trailers didn't sell it to me at all.  My fears were confirmed.  Terrible.  I really enjoyed First Class and DoFP as well.

3/10 and that's mostly for Jennifer Lawrence and Olivia Munn.

(91)

Aquarius 7/10

Good film this, older Brazilian woman living in an apartment block that developers are trying to buy up cos it's right on the beach but she refuses to sell so it all gets a bit unpleasant, bit of a saucy minx tho loves banging prostitutes and that. More of a portrait of a person than a David V Goliath thing

The Pianist

Adrien Brody is fantastic in the role of a talented Jewish pianist. Based on a true story we see him escape deportation at the start of WW2 but along with thousands of Polish Jews is boarded up in a ghetto in Warsaw. He witnesses a string of atrocities but manages to escape and hide in the ruins of the city. Remarkable story and Polanski does a great job in the way it's told.

9/10

(92)

Neruda 7/10

Another pretty good one, looked great with the use of some lovely filters, very poetic (which I guess was the point given the subject), prob could have been a bit more engaging tho