What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Anyone going to see this:

Warhol film Empire makes UK debut 

Warhol was famous for his iconic prints in the 1960s and 1970s 

Artist Andy Warhol's eight-hour film depicting night falling on the Empire State Building is to be shown in public for the first time in the UK.

Empire, which consists of a single stationary shot of the New York landmark, is being projected on to the side of the National Theatre in London.

The silent black and white film will be shown every Friday night in October as part of a Hayward Gallery exhibition.

Curator Clare Carolin said Empire raised issues about "time and space".

She said the gallery was excited to be showing the film in "such a spectacular setting".

Static camera

"We're pleased that so many people will witness these free screenings, even if they don't necessarily know they are seeing a Warhol film," she said.

"Empire raises many issues relating to time and space that are also explored in the Universal Experience exhibition."

The movie was filmed overnight on 25 July 1964 from the 44th floor of the Time-Life Building.

Warhol, who died in 1987, once said he preferred making films rather than paintings because they were "easier".

House Of Wax...much better than I expected after the pure slating it's taken of reviewers

7/10

It's one of the better films of the teen horror/slasher movies. As for Paris Hilton, if you didn't know she wasn't a 'real' actress and you didn't know who she was, you wouldn't think she was particularly bad. In fact in some of the earlier scenes she acts more naturally than the trained actors.

House Of Wax...much better than I expected after the pure slating it's taken of reviewers

7/10

It's one of the better films of the teen horror/slasher movies. As for Paris Hilton, if you didn't know she wasn't a 'real' actress and you didn't know who she was, you wouldn't think she was particularly bad. In fact in some of the earlier scenes she acts more naturally than the trained actors.

706332[/snapback]

Yes...

But it's her death scene - arguably the most important one she acts - that is really something special! :lol:

It was good once the killing started. :P

There are fab chick flicks on Channel 5 on Sunday night starting with Dirty Dancing at 8pm, followed by Cocktail at 10pm!  :D

706385[/snapback]

I'd have preferd prety in pink to those crap films. IMHO. :D

Wash your mouth out...

Wimbledon...

What a load of rubbish that was  :blink:

3/10

706513[/snapback]

:P No. i cant stand Patrick Swayze(SP?) or Tom Cruise. Prety in pink is one of my all time films. :D

dogma is actually the worst of the smith movies, well apart from Jersey girl (which still wasnt bad).

cant wait for the new clerks, its out next year i believe.

701719[/snapback]

I dont agree, Dogma doesnt have the belly laughs as say Jay And Silent Bob or Mallrats, but is very clever in its writing, and vastly under-rated.

PS - Theres a forthcoming DVD on Play.com called Jay and Silent Bob do Degrassi Junior High! :lol:

Sin City 10/10 :D

Just tidied up my DVD/video shelves...

There is now a pile of about 20 videos that are stuck in the cupboard along with the endless amount of Friends videos...

Anybody want free shite movies? :lol:

11:11 6/10

A confusing take on fate, Final Destination made complicated with the use of religion, prophecies and electrokinetic theory.

Unneccessary bullshit throughout, but at least it ended in the way it should have.