What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

18 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Went and seen this in Saturday.
The film is absolute cactus. Pure sh*the in other words.
So slow to start, and bar a section from 60-90 minutes which wasn't AS bad, then that ending, wtf.
This is the type of film that weirdos will love and give "off the wall, radical" reviews. But for the normal Joe bloggs cinema go'er, avoid.
Worst film I've seen in a long time.

Difficult to argue against most of this. In all honesty, I thought the first hour was great. The first WTF moment with the accident really unnerved me, and I liked trying to figure out what was going on. But that ending just fucked it all up for me, destroyed most of the good will I was willing to offer it. A bit like mother! in a lot of ways.

11 hours ago, Kyle said:

I left the cinema thinking this film was a 0/10, but I look back and remember it quite fondly. Not sure I'll ever watch it again though!

I loved it. It stayed with me for days. Such a simple idea and really well executed. I saw it twice. That's plenty.

18 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

No bands in that film.

Ah how odd! In the book I read 4 guys go out into the woods and are stalked by something. They split up and one of them is captured in some old hut in the woods by a rock band who then want to sacrifice him to whatever it was stalking the guys in the first part of the book!

Edit - just found an email from the author of the book - the band were called Blood Frenzy. Perhaps they just didn't use this part of the book in the movie.

Edited by Nick_BCFC

Difficult to argue against most of this. In all honesty, I thought the first hour was great. The first WTF moment with the accident really unnerved me, and I liked trying to figure out what was going on. But that ending just fucked it all up for me, destroyed most of the good will I was willing to offer it. A bit like mother! in a lot of ways.

If it’s anything like Mother then I’ll give it a miss. That was the worse film I’ve ever seen.

As you say, *spoiler* the accident part was genuinely shocking/horrifying. I just felt that within that first hour there was so much scope to really terrify the viewer or to properly explain wtf was going on. *spoiler again* the fact it never really explained a lot about what the grandmother was really involved with, or expanded on the Joanie woman left me with more questions than answers tbh.
My Mrs watched an interview with the director when we came home on Saturday night and he done a decent job summarising the plot and answering a few questions.
Its the first film I've came out of that I've heard 90% of the audience absolutely slaughter it. Not just a "that was rubbish" either, absolutely slaughter it.

Ah how odd! In the book I read 4 guys go out into the woods and are stalked by something. They split up and one of them is captured in some old hut in the woods by a rock band who then want to sacrifice him to whatever it was stalking the guys in the first part of the book!
Edit - just found an email from the author of the book - the band were called Blood Frenzy. Perhaps they just didn't use this part of the book in the movie.

The plot sounds the exact same to be fair, except in the movie they’re just a bunch of random oddballs not a rock band.

Ocean's 8

What a waste. Great cast. Some cracking acting. But a story that was utterly boring and devoid of the swagger and style of the boaby versions. Rhianna was fab. So was HBC. So was The Bullock. They did the best they could. The writing and the direction was fucking dreadful. 3/10

Dunkirk (9/10)

Only reason I haven't given it 10 is that I don't know what makes a perfect film but in terms of the war genre, this is about as close to perfection as you get.

Very low key in terms of its set pieces and doesn't rely heavily on death and destruction like many of the genre, but it's so well shot with some spot on acting. Harry Styles is a w**k though.

6 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Dunkirk (9/10)

Only reason I haven't given it 10 is that I don't know what makes a perfect film but in terms of the war genre, this is about as close to perfection as you get.

Very low key in terms of its set pieces and doesn't rely heavily on death and destruction like many of the genre, but it's so well shot with some spot on acting. Harry Styles is a w**k though.

Would you change anything about it? If not, it’s a perfect film.  In your opinion. 

11 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:
On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 09:17, accies1874 said:
Harry Styles was fine in it, to be fair. 

Yeah, I know just his character annoyed me. Plus I had the misfortune of working at his last gig and have little time for him as a result!

Fair.