What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Jurassic World 2(cinema)

Follows the formula of the Jurrasic films although a little more thought provoking in terms of the welfare of the dinasaurs in this , sets up the next one which probably should be the final episode. Loads of nods to the original .7/10

On 22/06/2018 at 23:23, paul-r-cfc said:

Dunkirk (9/10)

Only reason I haven't given it 10 is that I don't know what makes a perfect film but in terms of the war genre, this is about as close to perfection as you get.

Very low key in terms of its set pieces and doesn't rely heavily on death and destruction like many of the genre, but it's so well shot with some spot on acting. Harry Styles is a w**k though.

I watched this pretty recently answer also found it a good watch, also interested in the situation from a historical angle.  I was always interested that the German army never went in and finished the allied forces off while stranded on the beach while awaiting evacuation but instead halted short of Dunkirk.  Thankfully things did not  turn out differently.  It was a fantastic  achievement to evacuate so many in such difficult circumstances.  Thankfully the Germans then were unable to overcome the RAF and Royal Navy to allow Operation Sea Lion to become reality.  Hitler then making the suicidal decision to proceed with Operation Barbarossa instead.

4 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Good shout actually. Any film with Toby Jones and Stephen Graham has to be worth a watch.

I really enjoyed journeys end and they are both really good in it. 

It's one of the better ww1 films, though to be honest, that isn't difficult as there arn't that many good films about that conflict. I suppose the static nature of trench warfare doesn't lend itself to exciting film making. 

Edited by tongue_tied_danny

2 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I really enjoyed journeys end and they are both really good in it. 

It's one of the better ww1 films, though to be honest, that isn't difficult as there arn't that many good films about that conflict. I suppose the static nature of trench warfare doesn't lend itself to exciting film making. 

I hadn't heard of it but stuck it on late last night. The first term which springs to mind is claustrophobic but i'm sure that was the intention.

8 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I would disagree that ww1 doesn't make for exciting film making, journeys end shows that I think,tension and claustrophobia are just as exciting as bullets and bangs. I agree with you about the lack of great films from then.i assume its because in the immediate aftermath of the conflict film was in its infancy,when it came of age it had a brand new,more recent(and therefore more immediately relevant) conflict to concentrate on.

great ww1 films-all quiet on the western front(esp black and white one but the colour ones ok too)

paths of glory

Gallipoli

the blue max

Lawrence of arabia

id really be pushing the boundries if I said dr zhivago I suppose

Sicario 2

Not as good as the first but a fine way to spend two hours. Very much the same reasons for it being good though. Tight script, looks great and two terrific lead characters. 

8/10

The first one grew on me with repeat views so I'm looking forward to seeing what I think in a few months.

Deadpool 2. Yeah it was alright. Ryan Reynolds was operating at 120% Ryan Reynolds, a good 50% more than I can typically take. Second half was good fun. 7/10

9 hours ago, paisleysaints said:

Watching Demolition Man on ITV 4 for the first time in years. Why is taco bell now dubbed over to be pizza Hut. emoji848.png

Apparently there are two releases of the film, mostly because some countries had never heard of Taco Bell. Still should have left it alone though. It's just plain weird watching with it dubbed and boggles me.

1 hour ago, the jambo-rocker said:

Apparently there are two releases of the film, mostly because some countries had never heard of Taco Bell. Still should have left it alone though. It's just plain weird watching with it dubbed and boggles me.

25 years years old and that's the first time i think i've seen the pizza hurt version the dubbing is just weird and pointless

Sicario 2 - 7.5/10

Overall a very decent follow up to the original. Del Toro at his badass besgyand Brolin as brutal as always. Plot started promising but strayed a wee bit once they got into Mexico and for me, certain things didn't make a huge amount of sense in the grand scheme of things. Still a thoroughly enjoyable couple of hours and glad I was able to see it early!

The 12th Man.
Norwegian film with English subtitles but don't let that put you off. True story from WW2 when 12 Norwegians are trained in Britain and sail to Norway to sabbotage the occupying Nazi infrastructure. They are rumbled before they land and 11 are captured while the 12th Man escapes and tries to make his way to neutral Sweden while being hunted by the Germans. Stunning visuals which remind me of the Revanent and must have been arduous for the cast and crew alike.....8/10.