What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

(26)

Maze Runner 3: This Time There’s No Maze Again 3/10

Didn’t really want to see this but seen the first two and it’s free so... looked great for a $60m film but my god I thought it was never going to end and everyone was SO FUCKING STUUUUPID (cinema)

(25)

The Cloverfield Paradox - FUCKINGLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL/10

Probably the dumbest thing I’ve ever watched. (Netflix)

Loads of people have said this is shite which has made me a bit intrigued. Is it bad enough to be entertainingly shit? Or just boringly shit and to be avoided?

12 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Loads of people have said this is shite which has made me a bit intrigued. Is it bad enough to be entertainingly shit? Or just boringly shit and to be avoided?

I was wondering the same. Asking for a friend.

Downsizing

7/10

Good film funny in places. The Asian girl had funny lines.

Cinema

Den of thieves

7/10

Reminded me of Heat with pacino. Pleasantly surprised with it .

Cinema

Escape Room

0/10

Absolute shite.acting was worse.worst film i seen this year so far.time not been good to Sean young either 

Sky Movies

22 hours ago, Christophe said:

(24)

Star Wars I: Phantom Thread 8.5/10

Intense, smouldering romance, he’s a mercurial genius, she’s a freewheeling post-war eurobabe, it’s all to play for! Friday at 9 on BBC One. (cinema)

I'm confused. 

Best F[emoji768]iends

(Cinema)

Tommy Wiseau and Greg Sestero star in their first film together since The Room. An absolute clusterfuck of a film but it might be one of the greatest things I've ever seen. Lots of throwbacks to The Room and Easter Eggs. It'll leave you in tears of laughter.

Also got to have a meet and greet and Q&A with Tommy and Greg beforehand, Tommy is some boi.

10/10

Winchester -- What Helen Mirren is doing starring in this heap of dog's eggs is anyone's guess. Written and made by people who haven't the first clue on how to build atmosphere or suspense or foreboding and so instead they rely on cheap jump-scares every five minutes. The Winchester Mansion is an interesting enough building with interesting enough history. It really deserves something better than this. 2/10

On 26/01/2018 at 12:41, GrahamJags said:

The Greatest Showman - 8/10. (cinema)

Thought this looked shite, hence why I held off seeing it for so long, but after hearing so many people rave about it, I went to see it last night. Loved it. Hugh Jackman is fantastic, and the soundtrack is immense. Wouldn't be surprised if this gets adapted for the stage soon (if it hasn't already).

Seen this film yesterday at the cinema, not a fan of musical films but it’s a great film. The soundtrack is fantastic, some good songs on there. Not surprised to see some of the songs currently in the charts. 

A Ghost Story -- I fully get why some people hated this. It's slow, laborious, chronically melancholic, and it's Casey Affleck under a bed sheet ... but I utterly loved it. I watched it last night and I can't stop thinking about it. I'm not sure I've seen many movies that deal with love and loss and moving on and the temporary nature of everything as beautifully as this does. The emotion in that five-minute scene where Rooney Mara sat on the floor and ate a pie while the ghost silently watches on was incredible. A mark off for the lengthy existential monologue at the party near the end. 9/10