What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Ferrari: Race To Immortality

Documentary focusing on their drivers from the 1950's. One for the motorsports enthusiasts with stunning footage from when drivers risked their lives every time they got behind the wheel. Some gory stuff too so not for the squeamish.........7/10

(202)
Happy End 7.5/10
New Haneke film, it’s no White Ribbon but still pretty decent. Didn’t really think of it as a comedy whilst watching it but looking back he MUST have been taking the piss with some of it. (cinema)

How old are you? I'm trying to figure out if you're young or old.

I love films as well but I don't have enough time to watch that many. It's averaging around 4 films a week for you. I'm lucky if I get that in a month now :(

Ferrari: Race To Immortality
Documentary focusing on their drivers from the 1950's. One for the motorsports enthusiasts with stunning footage from when drivers risked their lives every time they got behind the wheel. Some gory stuff too so not for the squeamish.........7/10

What format did you catch this on dvd, Netflix ......?

Oh hai guys!  I watched a movie about he greatest movie ever made.  You will laugh, you will cry, you can express yourselss, but please dont hurt anybody.

image.jpeg.28aec4e040dacb77a6f4231ab6fedbb2.jpeg

Image result for the disaster artist gif

(203)

The Disaster Artist 7.5/10

Really enjoyable! Only one v minor criticism is having James Franco playing Tommy W, good as he was, sort of doesn’t quite work because Franco does look like what you expect a “movie star” to look like as he is one and the whole point is Tommy W v much does not. (cinema)

The only thing I didn't really like was the attempts at big drama, which didn't work with James Franco's full on performance as Wiseau. Which I suppose couldn't be helped, but it still fell flat, although credit has to go to Dave Franco for really carrying a lot of that weight, and doing so incredibly well. Every time the Wiseau laugh was unleashed, I was giggling like f**k. I loved the movie. Loses a point for the stuff I mentioned, but I'm guessing I'm going to watch this a LOT going forward.

9/10

Better Watch Out - 7/10 (cinema)

Surprisingly great. First half hour is a bit tedious, but then the storyline goes somewhere completely unexpected, and it ends up great. Twisted as f**k.

Brigsby Bear - 10/10 (cinema)

Probably the best film I've seen this year. Kyle Mooney (who I admittedly hadn't heard of before this) plays a kidnapping victim who is finally released and is obsessed with a character called Brigsby Bear (created by his captors). He then creates a film continuing the story of Brigsby from where it left off. Hilarious in places, touching in others. Fantastic film.

El Camino Christmas(Netflix)

Netflix original about a guy who comes to a small town to find his father and ends up at the centre of a hostage situation on Xmas Eve. 

It has a few good moments and some decent performances from some familiar faces but is a bit meh! Bit strange,it starts as a kind of comedy and then goes off to something else . I'll be generous and go 5/10

I bought the David Lynch box set in HMV yesterday.  The only one I've watched so far is Eraserhead.  It's one of these films I've always wanted to see but never had so I watched the whole thing in a one-er last night.  In the beginning I wasn't sure if I was going to like it, but after a while I kind of got sunken into it.  I don't know in the end if I enjoyed it, but I was quite enthralled by it.  You've got to let it wash over you and while I did like it, I think seeing it once was enough for now.  Definitely an acquired taste and not for everyone.

Edited by Highland Capital

20 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I bought the David Lynch box set in HMV yesterday.  The only one I've watched so far is Eraserhead.  It's one of these films I've always wanted to see but never had so I watched the whole thing in a one-er last night.  In the beginning I wasn't sure if I was going to like it, but after a while I kind of got sunken into it.  I don't know in the end if I enjoyed, but I was quite enthralled by it.  You've got to let it wash over you and while I did like it, I think seeing it once was enough for now.  Definitely an acquired taste and not for everyone.

Got that box set a few years ago although I had actually seen Eraserhead when it was first shown on Channel 4. Seen it a few times now and I definitely appreciate it more after watching TP The Return. Like you say it's not a film you'll enjoy, it's more like being in someone's nightmare and you just get immersed in the weirdness of it.

Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie (2017):
This is one of the surprises of the year, which I absolutely loved. It is tremendously well-made, with the art direction, animation (it uses many forms of animation) and voice acting all absolutely spot on. It is absolutely beautiful which helps to tell the story due to the use of colour to highlight the main characters’ feelings, albeit rather on the nose but that’s to be expected with a movie essentially for kids. Saying that, it still doesn’t shirk from telling an important story about the need for friendship, creativity and light-heartedness in an unforgiving world. The two main kids’ chemistry is brilliant due to great and fun writing as well as their voice actors. You truly believe they are best friends from the off. As well as all of this, it is also really funny, despite a whole load of toilet humour. I didn’t expect a movie called Captain Underpants to be so pertinent, touching and just downright good.

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (Cinema)

Quite enjoyed this after thinking it'd just be some cheap knock off of the original one, They've updated the game for the computer game generation and the four kids get sucked into the game and come out as the game avatars of the 4 main actors. Each of the avatars is just about the opposite of how the kids are in real life so they all learn a lesson etc etc. They just about get away with dressing Karen Gillan in very little which caused a bit of controversy when the pictures first came out but I valiantly managed to get over it. Jack Black steals just about every scene too.

All in all it's decent enough, not a classic like the original but all the characters are likeable and there was a couple of good laughs. 

6/10.

I ended up in the cinema loads this weekend. Some great movies out just now!

Better watch out 

This was great. I don't want to give anything away as this is a film that will depend a lot on the element of surprise, but I thought the whole thing worked very well. The twists were effective, the characters were reasonably likable and the movie went in directions I didn't actually expect, which is rare.

8/10

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle

I absolutely loved the original of this growing up and was relieved that this movie didn't completely ruin my memory of it. It's an updated version but treats the source material with care at the same time as creating a fun, family movie. The chemistry between the leads is spot on - the #bantz between the Rock and Kevin Hart and Jack Black's portrayal of a teenage girl the highlights.  Like the original, I'll end up watching this again and again.

7/10

The Disaster Artist

Tommy Wiseau is a person who really deserves a movie made about them - a truly unique individual - and he's got himself a belter. Thought James Franco was great - all the more hilarious that he directed the movie, given the background surrounding The Room - and Dave Franco held the more serious parts of the movie together well. The number of cameos/small roles from big actors shows just how much a legend has been built up around The Room in Hollywood. Wouldn't be too surprised if both Francos end up with some Oscar heat on the back of this.

9/10

Edited by Kyle