What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Drive(Netflix)
Loads of style,really 80s vibe with the music and titles... brilliant film 9/10

I really enjoyed this aswell.

Just watched atomic blonde. 6/10 for the film. Confusing and disjointed.

9.5/10 for the soundtrack. Simply sensational.

7 hours ago, Co.Down Hibee said:

Inherent Vice (Netflix)

Paul Thomas Anderson off the wall stuff, some great performances and .moments but ultimately hard to follow,loads of people would love it but not for me personally.5/10

Very mixed reviews from 5 star brilliance to WTF was that about. I don't think you're meant to understand what's going on, usually like films like that so will give it a go.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Very mixed reviews from 5 star brilliance to WTF was that about. I don't think you're meant to understand what's going on, usually like films like that so will give it a go.

Yeah I'd seen the same sort of reviews ,last one I saw was calling it a modern classic (the Guardian I think) , as I said there were enjoyable parts,mainly between Phoenix and Brolin who are both excellent ,be Interested to hear what you and other posters think of it.

5 minutes ago, Co.Down Hibee said:

Yeah I'd seen the same sort of reviews ,last one I saw was calling it a modern classic (the Guardian I think) , as I said there were enjoyable parts,mainly between Phoenix and Brolin who are both excellent ,be Interested to hear what you and other posters think of it.

Inherent Vice  8/10 Good film this, wasn't always sure what was going on but I think that was part of the point, basically the Big Lebowski as film noir

6 Days (Netflix)

Netflix original film about the Iranian Embassy siege in 1980 , good cast  including a young hot Kate Adie although she does end up sounding like David Frost , seems to be pretty accurate factually ,SAS stuff was good, the script is a bit iffy at times but overall not a bad way to spend an hour and a half.7/10

Edited by Co.Down Hibee

(196)

Killing of a Sacred Deer 7/10

Not as interesting as The Lobster but still worth a watch (unless you have a particularly strong aversion to seeing kids suffering), intriguing story anyway and not even ruined by the mouse/rat that spent the whole film running around under my seat before bolting up the wall half an hour from the end. Tell you what did ruin it a bit tho, the bloody trailer which gave the whole flipping story away!! (cinema)

Thor: Ragnarok 6/10

The humour was far too forced for me and very slapstick. Korg was an abomination and was the worst thing in the film by far - the strong regional New Zealand accent was so grating. I'll watch again when it comes to Blu-Ray but I was very disappointed.

24 minutes ago, killienick said:

Thor: Ragnarok 6/10

The humour was far too forced for me and very slapstick. Korg was an abomination and was the worst thing in the film by far - the strong regional New Zealand accent was so grating. I'll watch again when it comes to Blu-Ray but I was very disappointed.

I thought exactly the same thing and the missus and kids just didn't understand what I meant. But it was trying SO hard to be funny that it actually became quite irritating. And the plot was fucking stupid as well. And the whole Dumbledore moment of "you don't need a hammer to be a hero" was way too reminiscent of Tony Stark telling Spiderman that he "doesn't need a suit to be a hero." 5/10 for me.

The Death of Stalin:
I thought this was great. It’s a black comedy, but what it does well is how subtly it uses its humour and does so in an intelligent way: the camera movements, fantastic sound mixing and the actor’s small nuances. The dialogue is short, snappy and witty, which is a culmination of excellent work from the actors, director and writers. It all comes together to form a brilliant piece.
Despite all of this, I don’t think any of it detracts from just how evil the characters are, in spite of their perceived bumbling idiocy. It is clear from the off that they are all just playing a game to make it to the top, and it is all wrapped around a really strong narrative.

7 hours ago, accies1874 said:

The Death of Stalin:
I thought this was great. It’s a black comedy, but what it does well is how subtly it uses its humour and does so in an intelligent way: the camera movements, fantastic sound mixing and the actor’s small nuances. The dialogue is short, snappy and witty, which is a culmination of excellent work from the actors, director and writers. It all comes together to form a brilliant piece.
Despite all of this, I don’t think any of it detracts from just how evil the characters are, in spite of their perceived bumbling idiocy. It is clear from the off that they are all just playing a game to make it to the top, and it is all wrapped around a really strong narrative.

I can't wait to see this. But that's exactly what I'll have to do. Not out here until March 2018. Pah.