What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Son of Saul - 8/10

Anyone attempting to touch the holocaust via film is taking massive risk by trying not to come across grotesque and crass. This is a film that conveys the utter horrifying situation in the best way I can imagine. An absolutely grim, harrowing and stunning peice. Not going to give any of the plot away but definitely watch it, unless feeling down or anything as will definitely send you over the edge.

Blade Runner. 5/10.
Will probably get slaughtered for this as it seems to be a P&B favourite, but it was just not my cup of tea. Found it to be too slow and the characters weren't interesting enough. Looks amazing though.

The story is complete gash.
Acting, visuals and music are good.

Mother! Came out thinking it was pretentious, self indulgent pish but the more I think about it the more I think I liked it.
I'm still not sure though. A couple of folk walked out in disgust about ten minutes from the end.

A few folk walked out of the showing I was at too, and those were just the ones near me who I saw in quite a large theatre.
There was also a middle-aged gent a couple of seats away from me pishing himself laughing at a lot of the violent scenes. It was all a rather weird experience, and even though a week has passed since I saw it, I keep thinking about it.

Wind River.

I liked this film, but really don't understand the point of it. It's not as good as Insomnia or The Pledge which it seems to be very similar to (Mostly the latter). Doesn't carry the same punch as The Pledge and just isn't as good. It's a decent little flick but I just sat there thinking I've seen it before whilst watching it.

If you've seen Jack Nicholson in The Pledge before seeing this, then there's not much point watching it. If you haven't, it's worth checking out.

6/10.

mother!

I'd love to go into detail here but I can't as it'd just spoiler it. It's not a film for enjoying, it's a film for experiencing. As far as experiences go 8/10. And I had to do a bit of reading afterwards as I didn't fully get it, but once I did and I pieced it together, it became a 9/10, verging on a 10. I get how people won't like it but I feel it's a travesty that it has flopped the way it has. I doubt I'll watch it again, but I loved the experience.

9/10.

The Accountant (SKY)

Very good action ,leans heavily towards a Marvel style in terms of storyline and character, Affleck does well as the autistic hero although I'm never completely at ease with people with autism cast as maths geniuses or code breaking boffin types as if it were some kind of super power but to be fair it's just a movie and an enjoyable one at that

8/10.

99 Houses

Was on Film4 last night. Michael Shannon, Andrew Garfield and a MILFY Laura Dern star.

Set against the backdrop of the housing crash in 2010, a big b*****d US Realtor (Shannon) evicts a guy (Garfield), his son and his mum (Dern) despite their attempts to stop it in court. They're forced to live at a shitty motel where other folk who've faced the same thing stay. The guy ends up working for the man who evicted him and is drawn in to a shady world of real estate where Shannon's character tried to provide justification for what they do, usually in cash form. Garfield's character soon starts doubting it all, but the money he's making offsets his conscience. Things threaten to unravel as he questions wether he's becoming like Shannon's character, and if so is it worth it.

Very good film that has great performances. Definitely seek it out.

8/10

Kingsman 2: the golden circle

Enjoyable movie anyway, not as good as the original (what is these days?) but a good couple of laughs and a fun role from Elton John.

Mother. 1/10

Avent Garde pish.

Had to use Google to find out what the pretext to was (biblical-apparently).

An ego trip for the stars, whos house I certainly wouldn't rush round to after sitting through that.

A film you genuinely sit through thinking "what the fcuk is this all about?".