What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

99 Houses

Was on Film4 last night. Michael Shannon, Andrew Garfield and a MILFY Laura Dern star.

Set against the backdrop of the housing crash in 2010, a big b*****d US Realtor (Shannon) evicts a guy (Garfield), his son and his mum (Dern) despite their attempts to stop it in court. They're forced to live at a shitty motel where other folk who've faced the same thing stay. The guy ends up working for the man who evicted him and is drawn in to a shady world of real estate where Shannon's character tried to provide justification for what they do, usually in cash form. Garfield's character soon starts doubting it all, but the money he's making offsets his conscience. Things threaten to unravel as he questions wether he's becoming like Shannon's character, and if so is it worth it.

Very good film that has great performances. Definitely seek it out.

8/10

Kingsman 2: the golden circle

Enjoyable movie anyway, not as good as the original (what is these days?) but a good couple of laughs and a fun role from Elton John.

Mother. 1/10

Avent Garde pish.

Had to use Google to find out what the pretext to was (biblical-apparently).

An ego trip for the stars, whos house I certainly wouldn't rush round to after sitting through that.

A film you genuinely sit through thinking "what the fcuk is this all about?".

On ‎25‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 21:27, Finch road said:

The Emoji Movie

Knocked me into a depression, horrendous

I had tickets for this for Sunday when at the last minute my youngster decided she wanted to go swimming with her pals instead.

Gave me the chance to pluck my nose hairs so a better time was had by all apparently.

Wonder Woman.

Some ropey as f**k CGI here, but was enjoyable. The big boss fight with Ares was utter w**k though and let it down for me. Shame as most of what came before it was good. Will have to go 6.5 out of 10

6 hours ago, kiddy said:

Mother. 1/10

Avent Garde pish.

Had to use Google to find out what the pretext to was (biblical-apparently).

An ego trip for the stars, whos house I certainly wouldn't rush round to after sitting through that.

A film you genuinely sit through thinking "what the fcuk is this all about?".

5 hours ago, killiepiemuncher said:

I concur. A WTF movie.

I really want to see it but my Kodi isn't working and i CBA going to the cinema alone. My Mrs explained the events to me and it just sounded absolutely ridiculous listening through her review of it. 

I won't go low for mother! because it was at the very least an interesting watch. Daft as f**k in the second half, but remained in the "I can't take my eyes off this" side of things, so whatever it was doing seemed to work. Plus, the creepy subdued thriller that took up much of the movie initially was far too good to dismiss. I'd loved to have seen a movie playing out just that story. Can't really rate it as I have no fucking idea where it lands in that sense. I know I won't be watching it again though.

I really want to see it but my Kodi isn't working and i CBA going to the cinema alone. My Mrs explained the events to me and it just sounded absolutely ridiculous listening through her review of it. 

You can’t review it. It starts off reasonably run of the mill then it just descends into a farce. Your jaw literally hits your chest. All stylishly and arty fartily done.

8 minutes ago, killiepiemuncher said:

You can’t review it. It starts off reasonably run of the mill then it just descends into a farce. Your jaw literally hits your chest. All stylishly and arty fartily done.

I have actually prepared for it now from what I have heard and have watched some amount of crazy films before so i'm sure i won't be as shocked as she was sadly! She just went into cinema expecting a regular horror film and came home quite visibly disturbed by what she had seen. 

Power Rangers (2017) [DVD]

3/10 - It's a pretty poor film in general made worse by so many changes from the original story.

Silent Running [DVD]

6/10 - I liked the idea of the plot but the way the film portrayed it felt a bit unbalanced. Think I'll enjoy it more rewatching it at some point, knowing what to expect.

Edited by Jaggy Snake