What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

23 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

mother! - 8.5/10

Brilliant. Clever religious symbolism throughout. Horrifying to watch at times. Not as good as Black Swan, but another remarkable cinematic creation of Aronofsky's.

Not seen the film but I do find it a bit confusing that a star of J-Laws stature has been photographed at the opening of every envelope recently wearing minimal clothing. It just gave me the feeling that she was desperately trying to sell a turkey. Looks like I was wrong but just find her behaviour a little bit strange.

3 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

mother! - 8.5/10

Brilliant. Clever religious symbolism throughout. Horrifying to watch at times. Not as good as Black Swan, but another remarkable cinematic creation of Aronofsky's.

I admired it and I thought it was clever how, from start to finish, it does pretty much what it's trying to do. There were a couple of places where I wasn't sure if the allegory was holding true. But it was beautifully shot. The sound was incredible. And the acting, Michelle Pfeiffer in particular, was great. It's difficult to say that I enjoyed it, though. I'm glad I saw it. I'd like to see it again in the same way that I wanted to see Sixth Sense as soon as I'd watched it the first time. After that, I suspect I'll be done with it.

Edited by MSU

Strangers On A Train (DVD)

It's that long since I saw this that I'd forgotten how good it was. Everything you'd expect from a Hitchcock film, a psychotic man meets an up and coming tennis player on a train and comes up with a plan that would benefit both of them. There's a homoerotic undertone, plenty of suspense, some great camera shots and a spectacular finale on an out of control carousel at a fairground.

Maybe not quite in the great man's top 5 films but definitely in his top 10 and well worth a watch.

8.5/10

Strangers On A Train (DVD)
It's that long since I saw this that I'd forgotten how good it was. Everything you'd expect from a Hitchcock film, a psychotic man meets an up and coming tennis player on a train and comes up with a plan that would benefit both of them. There's a homoerotic undertone, plenty of suspense, some great camera shots and a spectacular finale on an out of control carousel at a fairground.
Maybe not quite in the great man's top 5 films but definitely in his top 10 and well worth a watch.
8.5/10

I haven't seen that for years, I'll have to watch it again. Belter of a film.

Went to the double bill of Kingsman last night. Forgot how many good moments the first one has. The sequel isn't quite as good but is a very respectable and worthy follow-up. There's lots of plays on jokes from the original and every scene with Mark Strong is absolutely gold.

Kingsman - The Golden Circle

Fuckin loved every minute of it. From the very start, the action scenes are tremendous and some of the lines that were in it had me howling. Didnt know about Elton John having a part but it looked like he thoroughly enjoyed his role. If you are a fan of the first, then the second will be right up your street

Kingsman - The Golden Circle

Fuckin loved every minute of it. From the very start, the action scenes are tremendous and some of the lines that were in it had me howling. Didnt know about Elton John having a part but it looked like he thoroughly enjoyed his role. If you are a fan of the first, then the second will be right up your street

Save the world and you’ll get back stage passes. [emoji6]

(173)

Detroit 6.5/10

Proper brutal film this, classic Bigelow all handheld shaky cams and that, very good performances and quite believable BUT could have done without the #notallpolice stuff presumably just shoved in there to make sure whites don't feel too uncomfortable, and definitely could have shaved about half an hour off to make it a better film. (cinema)

Guardians of the Galaxy 2

The first film is my second favourite MCU film so far (after Winter Soldier, although I still have Homecoming to see) so I was excited to finally see the sequel.  Overall the film wasn't that bad, I enjoyed the first two acts of it, although the ending was a bit meh and some of the jokes don't really work as well compared to the first film.

7.5/10

Popstar

I am a big fan of Andy Samberg and I especially like his work in the Lonely Island. Just like GoftG 2, the first two acts were actually quite funny, whilst the ending, although good, just wasn't as good as the start of it. Although, I still have half the songs stuck in my head and its been five days since I seen it. 

7/10