What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

Got this on DVD a few weeks back but had pretty much forgotten about it. Had never seen it before until last night when I stuck it on.

Very enjoyable. Pretty funny throughout but with a darkness bubbling underneath. Great cast here too, with Jack Nicholson obviously immense in the lead but Christopher Lloyd, Danny De Vito (didn't even realise it was him at first!), Brad Dourif, and Louise Fletcher all putting in great turns. Some weird looking fuckers here as well.

The darkness certainly came to the boil at the end, with Billy killing himself and Mac getting lobotomised then

Slippery P'd smothered with a pillow. The Chief was the boy though, and it was a mercy killing. Him acting like he was mute and deaf was tremendous, and the reveal had me chuckling.

Got this on DVD a few weeks back but had pretty much forgotten about it. Had never seen it before until last night when I stuck it on.
Very enjoyable. Pretty funny throughout but with a darkness bubbling underneath. Great cast here too, with Jack Nicholson obviously immense in the lead but Christopher Lloyd, Danny De Vito (didn't even realise it was him at first!), Brad Dourif, and Louise Fletcher all putting in great turns. Some weird looking fuckers here as well.

The darkness certainly came to the boil at the end, with Billy killing himself and Mac getting lobotomised then
Slippery P'd smothered with a pillow. The Chief was the boy though, and it was a mercy killing. Him acting like he was mute and deaf was tremendous, and the reveal had me chuckling.

Play the game

Get Out:
A pretty mental movie, but a pretty brilliant one too. Its main point is, of course, racism, but the way that it blends this topic with the horror genre is perfect. It makes you feel uncomfortable throughout just as the main character, Chris, feels. It makes both your mind and your heart race as the movie goes along, and you are left trying to work out what the f**k is going on. It also isn't your stereotypical redneck racists that are causing the issues, it's the ones who try so hard to pretend they're not but feel threatened nonetheless. The old middle class racist who is so used to black people being below them. My only gripe is that the ending loses the plot slightly.
It:
In my opinion, "It" is a run-of-the-mill horror movie but a very good character movie. I think it's at its worst when it tries to be a balls-out horror movie and making things go BANG, however it's excellent when it focuses on the children and their friendships. It encapsulates what being that age is like very well, which is helped by great child acting. It deals with depression and puberty in subtle and well-handled ways, and I also think that they do well in depicting the parents of children in the midst of a crisis. On the whole, they are stern and over-protective but it is all borne out of worry of losing the kid they love. This could have been a wonderful movie if they strayed from the generic horror shit, but hey, gotta make money somehow.

Ah well no point in watching that film with that load of spoilers.

27 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

It's been like that for ages now. Not sure whether to bemoan those who still don't know or Div for not fixing it.

That's why I haven't really had a go over it. Although the two people who quoted it need a slap. And really should still be getting edited.

That's why I haven't really had a go over it. Although the two people who quoted it need a slap. And really should still be getting edited.

Quoted a post about a movie from 1975 and you think I should get a slap because the quote Is exactly the same as the op, and has spoilers in it, very good. ITS FROM 1975

Bring it on tough guy

1698006f74136491b7ac5201f090cd2d.jpg

Sully - it has arrived on Sky Cinema. Quite enjoyed it, though apparently most of the NTSB stuff is made up for dramatic purposes. But I like Tom Hanks and Sully himself was pleased with the way he was portrayed.  Having seen a different recreation of this on Aircrash Investigation this version was still gripping. I liked how they showed the ferry responding (the actual captain played himself).

8/10