What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

5 hours ago, throbber said:

Does anyone else get film locations from IMDG and then look them up on Google Maps or is that just me? Have had great fun with Training Day and Die Hard with Vengeance of late.

Is that a bit like IMDG but focusing mainly on Dumfries and Galloway? But yes, missus and I are always stopping films to look stuff up on IMDB, be it locations, songs or simply "where have I seen that actor before?". 

4 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Is that a bit like IMDG but focusing mainly on Dumfries and Galloway? But yes, missus and I are always stopping films to look stuff up on IMDB, be it locations, songs or simply "where have I seen that actor before?". 

The locations part of IMDB i was never aware of, i always knew it wouldn't be that hard to find locations if you were to google them but never took the time to do it until now. That will be my weekend sorted then.

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

The locations part of IMDB i was never aware of, i always knew it wouldn't be that hard to find locations if you were to google them but never took the time to do it until now. That will be my weekend sorted then.

I've run along Morar beach a few times and always get a wee buzz..

giphy-facebook_s.jpg?t=1

6 hours ago, throbber said:

Does anyone else get film locations from IMDG and then look them up on Google Maps or is that just me? Have had great fun with Training Day and Die Hard with Vengeance of late.

Sometimes. I did it a couple of weeks ago after watching The Long Goodbye. Elliott Gould's character lives in the building here...

Hollywood-Heights-Tower-1-b.jpg.e63f9782cc5c0acf17fa9123a2f1fa86.jpg

... The High Tower in LA. It looks cool as f**k. 

20 minutes ago, throbber said:

I don't even know what that is Shandon.

I found out the Battle of Stirling scene is shot at the Curragh plains in Kildaire though. I could be well off the mark here but it looks like a similar set of trees:

Screen Shot 2017-09-08 at 16.25.43.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-08 at 16.25.53.png

Good spot. The beach was in Highlander (and I think Local Hero too). 

23 hours ago, wellinwigan said:

Detroit 

10/10

Went out the cinema emotionally shattered.Fantastic piece of film making truly Oscar worthy.Acting was first class in this powerful and thought provoking film especially the motel scenes.

Tremendous 

I came to post about it and agree with your assessment.  I saw it on Monday with my older two and they loved/were shocked by it.  The acting was excellent - especially Will Poulter as the 'lead' police officer - who must be one of the least likeable characters I've seen in a long time.

2 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Sometimes. I did it a couple of weeks ago after watching The Long Goodbye. Elliott Gould's character lives in the building here...

Hollywood-Heights-Tower-1-b.jpg.e63f9782cc5c0acf17fa9123a2f1fa86.jpg

... The High Tower in LA. It looks cool as f**k. 

Some of the sites in LA for Training Day were identified on Google maps such as Smileys House and Rodgers House. Bloody yanks!

It 

I enjoyed it quite a lot but not for any of the reasons I was expecting. An excellent coming-of-age adventure film. A fair to middling horror film. Kid actors are fantastic. Bill Skarsgard is pretty good too, although I found his voice a wee bit too Scooby Doo. Great fun.

8/10

It

Poor fair for me. 27 years on, the original mini-series holds up better. Bill Skarsgaard wasn't able to find the cheesy-scary balance and was a bit shit tbh. Good atmosphere about it, but other than that, doesn't deserve the hype it's received so far.

4/10.

It

Poor fair for me. 27 years on, the original mini-series holds up better. Bill Skarsgaard wasn't able to find the cheesy-scary balance and was a bit shit tbh. Good atmosphere about it, but other than that, doesn't deserve the hype it's received so far.

4/10.

I actually thought Pennywise was one of its only redeeming features. It failed to hold tension, the characters weren't particularly likable (bar wee Georgie) and it just didn't have any scary moments. There was far more 'comedy' than horror in it. I really wasn't impressed.

6/10

I'm dingying the football today, as it might be the only chance I get to see It until DVD. Not even sorry - I loved that book when I was a wean. Will be utterly crushed if I miss the giants of Alloa take on the titans of Forfar for something that seems normal-sized by comparison.

I'm dingying the football today, as it might be the only chance I get to see It until DVD. Not even sorry - I loved that book when I was a wean. Will be utterly crushed if I miss the giants of Alloa take on the titans of Forfar for something that seems normal-sized by comparison.

Given there must have been #SCENES in the Alloa end yesterday I reckon you've made a big mistake!

Going to see it tonight.