What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I enjoyed A Ghost Story. Really stripped down film with lots to think about and mull over. Can appreciate that if you were not in the mood for it you'd think "f**k this" and switch off/walk out. Casey Affleck has such a presence that someone standing in a sheet with eyeholes cut out could just be anyone but I believed it was him. 

8/10 from me. 

The Hitman's Bodyguard - 7/10

Cineworld Unlimited Screening last night.  Action comedy starring Ryan Reynolds and Samuel L Jackson.  Felt it was a slow start but after about 15 minutes it started to get funnier and the action scenes were pretty good.  Jackson playing the same role he always does while Reynolds plays the same kind of guy he always does.  Some excellent visuals.  Favourite was Reynolds complaining about how Jackson always creates carnage while in the background all sort of carnage is taking place.

Would recommend.  It's not going to win any awards but a great way to kill 2 hours.

I enjoyed A Ghost Story. Really stripped down film with lots to think about and mull over. Can appreciate that if you were not in the mood for it you'd think "f**k this" and switch off/walk out. Casey Affleck has such a presence that someone standing in a sheet with eyeholes cut out could just be anyone but I believed it was him. 

8/10 from me. 

I agree, I was incredibly moved at parts and incredibly bored at others but those moments added up to something really unique.

Could definitely make it into a great short film too with the initial part with Rooney Mara who was great. Demolished that pie too.

6 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

I agree, I was incredibly moved at parts and incredibly bored at others but those moments added up to something really unique.

Could definitely make it into a great short film too with the initial part with Rooney Mara who was great. Demolished that pie too.

Insert "demolish Rooney Mara's pie" type line here.

Ouija: Origin of Evil - prequel to a film so boring that I can't remember a single thing about it. A fake psychic's daughter becomes possessed, which makes a nice change from the usual 'real' movie psychics  :rolleyes:

This is probably worth watching, if you're a fan of the Exorcist genre of horror films. I get the impression that some folk will find the jump scares effective and creepy, whereas it was fucking hilarious for me. Fairly entertaining, as a result.

Watched in my pants at a Premier Inn sans Lenny Henry.

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Ouija: Origin of Evil - prequel to a film so boring that I can't remember a single thing about it. A fake psychic's daughter becomes possessed, which makes a nice change from the usual 'real' movie psychics  :rolleyes:

This is probably worth watching, if you're a fan of the Exorcist genre of horror films. I get the impression that some folk will find the jump scares effective and creepy, whereas it was fucking hilarious for me. Fairly entertaining, as a result.

Watched in my pants at a Premier Inn sans Lenny Henry.

I thought the movie was pretty good when it wasn't relying solely on the scares. It got waaaaayyyyy too hokey for me in the final act, but before that I thought it was a pretty effective low key horror, playing more to the creep factor than jump factor.

It's easily the best Ouija movie so far at least.

20 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

I thought the movie was pretty good when it wasn't relying solely on the scares. It got waaaaayyyyy too hokey for me in the final act, but before that I thought it was a pretty effective low key horror, playing more to the creep factor than jump factor.

It's easily the best Ouija movie so far at least.

:lol:  That's some high praise. I have great hopes for the Ouija/Monopoly crossover personally.

Split - James McAvoy(s) kidnaps some girls.

Nice thriller anchored by several impressive performances from McAvoy. Good to see Shyamalan getting back on form recently, especially as this film turns out to be related to...another one of his films that I really enjoyed...although the tie-in at the end could have been a little more subtle. Not complaining, as I'm just happy he's got back to...that film's universe again.

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back - our titular hero finds himself on the run from the law after a colleague's arrest uncovers a conspiracy.

Quite enjoyed the first film, but this was remarkably generic. Still passable enough to kill some time with, but fairly meh. Cobie Smulders comes across better than Tom Cruise in this one, so hopefully she comes back for the inevitable sequel (with a better script), and there's also a chick who might be Tom's daughter, but I couldn't have cared less. She does a decent Anna Paquin though, so if they're looking to cast Young Rogue in future X-Men films...

Watched both at the same Premier Inn, this time sans pants.

Mystic River - 8.5. The final hour in particular was incredible. Superb performances by all, especially Tim Robbins. Didn't really understand why the subplot involving Bacon's wife needed to happen though. I guess to show that he too was affected by the childhood event? Doesn't really go into much detail though and didn't add anything. Last few scenes didn't need to be included either IMO, would have been better ending with Penn's line about the childhood Robbins. Great film though.

On Wednesday, August 16, 2017 at 18:41, GrahamJags said:

The Emoji Movie - 0/10 (Cinema)

Curiosity got the better of me (as well as having an Unlimited Card and no life), and I wanted to see how justified the merciless reviews were. Totally justified. Utterly horrible film.

Took the weans to it this afternoon. Feared the worst given the critical panning, but I enjoyed it more than some of the cartoons they've dragged me to in recent years...