What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Rec (2007) Spanish with English subs
Watched this years ago with an ex-GF who didn't like horror films (almost certainly why she's an ex) :rolleyes:
It's filmed partly in the "found footage" genre but don't let that put you off.
Anyway, it is as creepy as f**k once it gets going.

Excellent film. Scared the bejeezus out of me the first (and only) time I saw it. That and Silence of the Lambs are my top two scary films.

The Magnificent Seven

the re-make with Denzil and co. Enjoyable enough,modern westerns can be good  but tend to lack charm and style that the older ones have ,this is the same, the scenery is impressive though can't decide wether there is CGI used there was a kind of fake look to it.(maybe it's just me)

The action is good and they had a decent mix of humour in it. As said enjoyable enough 6.5/10

Edited by Co.Down Hibee

As part of the Dundead festival they screened The Mist in black and white as Darabont originally intended. I'd seen the film when it first came out, but it was so much more powerful in black and white. Amazing film. The ending still hits hard.

At the recommendation of @the_bully_wee, Perks of Being a Wallflower - 9/10.

On the back of Thirteen Reasons Why, I absolutely loved this look at mental illness and isolation and love and longing. Ezra Miller is amazing -- can't believe he's still only 24. And well done, Emma Watson, for doing something other than a plummy English accent. But Logan Lerman is faultless in the troubled lead. Loses one point for the conceit that no one has ever heard of Heroes by David Bowie. 

Loses one point for the conceit that no one has ever heard of Heroes by David Bowie. 

Aye, that annoyed me too. Tunnel song or whatever they call it that they can't remember and it just turns out to be one of the most famous songs of the time.

Good film though

11 hours ago, MSU said:

At the recommendation of @the_bully_wee, Perks of Being a Wallflower - 9/10.

On the back of Thirteen Reasons Why, I absolutely loved this look at mental illness and isolation and love and longing. Ezra Miller is amazing -- can't believe he's still only 24. And well done, Emma Watson, for doing something other than a plummy English accent. But Logan Lerman is faultless in the troubled lead. Loses one point for the conceit that no one has ever heard of Heroes by David Bowie. 

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. Both are, of course, wildly different (not least due to being series vs film), but deal with similar issues and the same general theme. I'm due a re-watch of Perks, having not seen it since shortly after its release. I have to say, though, that I think I prefer 13RW, but I would need both fresh in my mind to really compare them. 

On Bowie and Heroes, I'd have to say that being around the age of the characters in question (16 circa 2012), I think a surprisingly large amount of my peers wouldn't have been able to identify the song. He and his music only really had a breakthrough with my generation after he died. That said, it's not unreasonable to assume that characters like Watson's and Miller's would be into the 70's/80's music scene.