What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Devil is an absolutely cracking gem. Underrated. I came across it on Netflix a couple of year ago. Brilliant wee film.

The director also made a good found-footage film called The Poughkeepsie Tapes at the start of his career. Worth seeking out, although As Above, So Below and his remake of Rec were disappointing.

10 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

The Poughkeepsie Tapes took ages to get a release. It's a shame because it's excellent.

IIRC, one of the studios bought it for $150,000, with the idea of getting the director to remake it with a bigger budget. That obviously never happened, and it ended up on YouTube for ages, so I guess they just decided to call it quits and make a bit of cash out of a proper release.

Really enjoyed Devil. I originally picked 'who done it' but after what happened I obviously changed my mind. Then when we found out I was raging with myself for changing.

Split was good but I wish I had watched Unbreakable beforehand. Obviously I'd advise others the same thing. I thought The Visit was quite good too.

11 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Oh, and I love The Happening, as it's an absolute pile of horseshit - one of the best comedies of the 21st century. I refuse to believe that Shyamalan had anything other planned.

Exactly how I feel about it, that whole dialogue about hot dogs is definitely so awful it's amazing. 

Unbreakable isn't even close to being essential to someone watching Split. It's very much it's own movie.

**** SPOILER for UNBREAKABLE and SPLIT don't read if you don't wanna know****

The tag doesn't seem to work on the app anyway.

Not for throughout the film no, but at the end when Willis is sitting at the bar it would been nice to know what that was all about. Given there is talk about Split actually being a sequel to Unbreakable and a 3rd being on the way I don't think it's that daft a comment.

I didn't say it was daft. I said it's not essential viewing. Absolutely nothing links to it apart from one tagged on scene which is looking as if it's leading to nowt since Shyalaman has abandoned the sequel plan.

Very very strange ending in that case. I just felt incredibly frustrated at the end as I hadn't a clue what was going on!

26 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Very very strange ending in that case. I just felt incredibly frustrated at the end as I hadn't a clue what was going on!

I've seen Unbreakable and was also very frustrated at that Split ending. Absolutely no need to link the two movies IMO. 

Edited by GingerSaint

(67)

The Blob 6/10

Steve McQueen debut film about a blob invading a town. Total B-movie, but some memorable moments, and nice effects for the time. Totally mismatched score 

Edited by Christophe

5 hours ago, Christophe said:

(67)

The Blob 6/10

Steve McQueen debut film about a blob invading a town. Total B-movie, but some memorable moments, and nice effects for the time. Totally mismatched score 

Give the 1988 remake a shot too; it's not bad.

Apparently there's another one on the way at some point, although they've been trying to get it made for years. Last I saw Sam Jackson was involved...