What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

On Tuesday night I watched :

Patriots Day:
Believe it or not, I didn't actually know the Boston marathon bombings was a real event, I never watch the news, don't read newspapers and if it was mentioned in work, then I obviously wasn't paying much attention as I have the memory of a sponge at the best of times, but anyway....
Thoroughly enjoyed this film, I really like Mark Wahlberg but he annoyed me in this film for some reason. I get the NEED for Hollywood to have a main hero, I really do, but I was more entranced in the story and the subsequent chase of the terrorists. The use of the actual CCTV of the bombers is very good as well, esp the kidnapping and the actual 911 call from the Chinese fella.
The last 10 mins when they show the real people involved was very interesting also.

8/10 - will watch again.

29 minutes ago, GingerSaint said:

The Big Lebowski

My favourite film and I watch it at least once a month. Absolutely perfect. Bridges and especially Goodman are great. 

10/10

tumblr_nfxiebcgwd1rm3u4ao1_400.gif

It is tremendous. My favourite Coen brothers film is The Hudsucker Proxy which got panned when it was released but still stands up as a brilliant bit of fantasy escapism today. 

Hacksaw Ridge.

I'm not really a massive fan of war films tbh and only put this on to see the quality of the copy. Before I knew it I was an hour in and wasn't stopping anytime soon.
A really cracking story, excellent battle scenes and a sterling Vince Vaughn performance.
8/10

The war was a real thing too in case you were wondering.

(68)

Journey to the Seventh Planet 5/10

Late 40s sci-fi about a group of creepy male scientists trying to pronounce "Uranus" without saying "anus". Some trippy effects and a few moments of sublime theremin on the soundtrack

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Hail Caesar! was the biggest lot of shite the Coen Brothers have made.

nope...the Ladykillers takes that award.

Why remake a film which is pretty much perfect? Why replace Katie Johnston with the big black mamma from Tom n Jerry? Why replace Alec Guinness with Colonel Sanders?

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

nope...the Ladykillers takes that award.

Why remake a film which is pretty much perfect? Why replace Katie Johnston with the big black mamma from Tom n Jerry? Why replace Alec Guinness with Colonel Sanders?

I've never watched it. I love the Ealing original so much that I thought a remake was pointless so gave it a swerve. It got hammered critically I recall. I'm sure the Coens did it out of appreciation but there is a bit of hubris in thinking you can improve on one of the best films ever made.

1 minute ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

I've never watched it. I love the Ealing original so much that I thought a remake was pointless so gave it a swerve. It got hammered critically I recall. I'm sure the Coens did it out of appreciation but there is a bit of hubris in thinking you can improve on one of the best films ever made.

The only reason you might watch it is to see what a misguided project it was, 

I love the Coens for Millers Crossing, O Brother, Big Lebowski and No Country but The Ladykillers is wrong on so many levels.

Millers Crossing is the best prohibition era film ever made

7 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

The only reason you might watch it is to see what a misguided project it was, 

I love the Coens for Millers Crossing, O Brother, Big Lebowski and No Country but The Ladykillers is wrong on so many levels.

(69/70)

The Nice Guys 9/10

I thought this was fucking brilliant. 70s pls solve a crime. That's it. Crowe and Gosling have never been better imo

Evolution 8/10

A young boy living in some weird French seaside town discovers a dead body, but actually he doesn't and the only people in the town are young boys and female medics that do weird stuff at night. Gorgeous French film by the same woman that made Innocence. Utterly stunning and compelling

Edited by Christophe

The Sixth Sense
M Knight Symalamaladingdong just annoys me with his name alone. My daughter, 11, likes creepy/horror films and this is a very low-end 15 so I knew it wouldn't phase her. It's very gentle with a just a few ghosts that pop up now and again. Not sure I understand why it has such a high IMBD rating. A very Meh response from us both. 6.5/10

I think it's funny that you have only just watched this for the first time.

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

I think it's funny that you have only just watched this for the first time.

Not really up to my standards throbbs, just try to find scary films my 11 y/o daughter can watch. Terminator is up next.