What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Jungle Book (2016)
Watched this with the Mrs last night and absolutely loved it. The CGI and visual effects were superb. Also thought the lad that played Mowgli was great. Am I correct in saying that Kaa the snake was featured more in the original?

9/10

The Sixth Sense

M Knight Symalamaladingdong just annoys me with his name alone. My daughter, 11, likes creepy/horror films and this is a very low-end 15 so I knew it wouldn't phase her. It's very gentle with a just a few ghosts that pop up now and again. Not sure I understand why it has such a high IMBD rating. A very Meh response from us both. 6.5/10

Just now, Bairnardo said:

All about the twist isn't it. Which seems to be much more commonplace now than it used to be. Everything has plot twists on top of plot twists now on film and TV so you sit there analysing them before they happen. IMO anyway.

I heard about the "twist" but the boy gets shot about five minutes in and appears to now be a ghost. Maybe my dog would watch it and think it was a twist but not sure how anyone with an IQ nudging double figures not blitzed on crack wouldn't spot what was going on. 

(65/66)

His Girl Friday 7/10

Screwy Howard Hawkes comedy about a b*****d newspaper editor who tricks his ex-wife into working for him again. Very fast bantz.

Skull Island 5/10

Massive production about a big ape on an island. Good effects, irritating performances.

Kong: Skull Island

Went to see this on my own today at 1 o'clock in the afternoon. Enjoyable and was paced well with few dull moments. Not sure about the wild differences in tone of the whole thing but decent enough watch.

7/10

It's like 'The Usual Suspects'. The film doesn't have the same effect on people these days as everyone knows the twist going in such was its effect on popular culture.

TUS still stands up as a cracking film though even knowing the twist. I don't know if TSS does as I've not seen it in about 10 year.

3 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

The Sixth Sense should be about the twist. Unfortunately loads of people spoiled it but I think it's one of the best plot twists there's been.

I was really enjoying it up to that point anyway. Easy to forget now, considering everyone expects a M. Night film to have a twist, but you didn't walk into that film thinking there'd be some final act turnabout that would make you re-think the rest of the film. It would've been a decent movie without it.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's like 'The Usual Suspects'. The film doesn't have the same effect on people these days as everyone knows the twist going in such was its effect on popular culture.

TUS still stands up as a cracking film though even knowing the twist. I don't know if TSS does as I've not seen it in about 10 year.

I think it almost came to blows last time the merits of TUS were debated. Some folk fucking hate that film!  :lol:

I wish I hadn't known the end to Psycho when I saw it. And that it hadn't been called 'Psycho', FFS. Would've been a real head-f**k when the crime drama suddenly turned into a horror film in the second act  :wacko:

Useless piece of trivia about The Sixth Sense. Every time something scary is about to happen there is a red object on the screen right before it.

I liked the film and as a youngster it did spook me a wee bit. Cole in the cupboard screaming was a particular highlight. The woman walking behind him when he was having a pish and the lassie grabbing his leg from under the bed. It was years before I could go for a pee at night with the door open :lol:

Signs is probably my favorite M Night Shy film. Just went through his movie history there, for better or worse, I've never seen Unbreakable. Is it worth a watch? The Village is up there with my most boring experiences tbh.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Signs is probably my favorite M Night Shy film. Just went through his movie history there, for better or worse, I've never seen Unbreakable. Is it worth a watch? The Village is up there with my most boring experiences tbh.

I really liked it - think it helps to have no idea what it's about going in. Also saw it when...what it's about wasn't all over the cinemas every few months, which made it feel very novel. I liked Signs too, and was willing to go with the "twist" despite not being religious by any means. It's just a film. Admittedly the massive plothole makes the premise seem ridiculous when pointed out, but nobody said the aliens had to be smart  :lol:

I liked The Village well enough too, but it was reliant on a strong ending, and what it finished with was very weak sauce for me, and negated everything that came before. The M. Night-written Devil was entertaining for a high-concept piece, and his recent The Visit was a good entry into the found-footage genre. Would recommend both for watching. Looking forward to seeing Split when it arrives on DVD.

Oh, and I love The Happening, as it's an absolute pile of horseshit - one of the best comedies of the 21st century. I refuse to believe that Shyamalan had anything other planned.