What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Commando is great. You gotta loves films where a former soldier or secret agent is living a peaceful life out in the countryside then is coaxed out of retirement and has to partake in some serious asskicking. Rambo 3, Invasion USA, Firefox etc. There's plenty of others. It has to be the most common movie cliche of them all.

Logan - went to see this last night and absolutely loved it. Not a huge X-Men fan at all but I have seen and enjoyed a few of them. This was great, I thought Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart were superb. It reminded me a bit of Mad Max (and that can only be a good thing). The wife and I both thought it was the best thing we had seen in a while.

A very solid 8/10

Hidden Figures 6/10

A film about racial segregation, set in NASA during the space race. Fairly enjoyable as a retrospective insight into the terrible persecution suffered by many and the awful day to day reality of little things like not having a 'colored' bathroom near your desk. The technological advances of the age contrast well with the antiquated notion of racial discrimination.

Logan  - Solid 9/10. Loved it. Exactly what it needed to be.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Had only half watched this previously. Wish i hadn't bothered and then remember this timeline doesn't exist anymore because of Days of Future Past!  - 3/10 at best. Woeful

Kong: Skull Island.

Missed the post credit scene which having seen shite copies of since is disappointing as that's incredibly exciting!

Probably the best monster film there's been. At least the best American made one. Incredible.

8/10.

Kong: Skull Island.

Missed the post credit scene which having seen shite copies of since is disappointing as that's incredibly exciting!

Probably the best monster film there's been. At least the best American made one. Incredible.

8/10.

Better than jaws???

Better than jaws???

Not a patch on Jaws. Hadn't really considered it to be fair. I was thinking more along the lines of Godzilla/Kong/Cloverfield style films to be honest.

Yeah - Jaws still reigns supreme. This film won't go down as a classic but it's tremendous fun. And the amount of nods it gives to the likes of Apocalypse Now and other films (Even Pokemon ffs!) is top class.

Intacto

Spanish thriller set in a mysterious underworld where people with extraordinary luck are used as a commodity in dangerous, life threatening wagers. In the centre of it all is Max Van Sydow who is trying to gather all the luck he can from the exponents of the 'games'. Not bad and will probably watch it again.

7/10

The Autopsy of Jane Doe -- 7/10

A surprisingly efficient wee indie horror movie, this. Father and son coroners (Brian Cox and Emile Hirsch) are finishing up for the night when an unusual body is brought in. A young woman has been found naked and partially buried in the basement of a house where a family have been brutally murdered. The body has no ID, no visible signs of trauma and the baffled police need a cause of death ... stat! So the coroners cancel their plans for the evening and prepare to cut Jane Doe open to discover her secrets, just as a storm begins to brew outside. Brian Cox seems to be enjoying himself as he chews his way through the scenery, and he takes an inordinately long time before he pays heed to his son's advice to GTFO of there, but none of this detracts from the unnerving, gory fun that's to be had as the night slowly becomes more bizarre. 

The Autopsy of Jane Doe -- 7/10
A surprisingly efficient wee indie horror movie, this. Father and son coroners (Brian Cox and Emile Hirsch) are finishing up for the night when an unusual body is brought in. A young woman has been found naked and partially buried in the basement of a house where a family have been brutally murdered. The body has no ID, no visible signs of trauma and the baffled police need a cause of death ... stat! So the coroners cancel their plans for the evening and prepare to cut Jane Doe open to discover her secrets, just as a storm begins to brew outside. Brian Cox seems to be enjoying himself as he chews his way through the scenery, and he takes an inordinately long time before he pays heed to his son's advice to GTFO of there, but none of this detracts from the unnerving, gory fun that's to be had as the night slowly becomes more bizarre. 

Watched this last week, good wee film. Took me a while to work out what else the guy's gf was in - turns out it was the first ever episode of Inside No9!

53 minutes ago, pittsburgh phil said:

Watched this last week, good wee film. Took me a while to work out what else the guy's gf was in - turns out it was the first ever episode of Inside No9!

So she was. Good spot!