What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Watched this the other night. I actually enjoyed it - a complete non thinker of a film but the action was very well shot and there was a dry humour about it. Plus it was short enough to not outstay its welcome.

7/10 for me.

ETA just realised it was the first one I watched not the sequel!

11 minutes ago, Kool Keith said:

Some good time capsule footage as well from NYC at a time when it was creating a lot of good music.  If you haven't seen it watch the vid below,

Is that part of Rubble Kings? 

I'll listen later .

Edited by Heart of Northern

It's a different doc to Rubble Kings which is excellent as well.  A lot of the footage in Rubble Kings has been used before, 80 Blocks From Tiffany's is another excellent one that was released before RK and was a big influence on it.  Was listening to Power Fuerza by The Ghetto Brothers at the weekend again.

1 minute ago, Kool Keith said:

It's a different doc to Rubble Kings which is excellent as well.  A lot of the footage in Rubble Kings has been used before, 80 Blocks From Tiffany's is another excellent one that was released before RK and was a big influence on it.  Was listening to Power Fuerza by The Ghetto Brothers at the weekend again.

Nice one..cheers for that. Good doc on YouTube about west end records and the emerging aids epidemic. Worth digging out. 

The Neon Demon - a young lassie upsets a cadre of established models after arriving in California, and being considered the next big thing by the people in positions of power.

Think I'm about done with Nicolas Winding-Refn's films now; the boy could make just about anything seem mundane and lifeless. That may be the idea, but it's stultifying to watch. This one lays out the standard tropes about vacuous, personality-free models and the creepy weirdos that dress them, in as unenthusiastic a manner as possible, before shruggingly offering the idea that they might be prepared to cannibalise each other to capture their 'X factor'. That's about it. At least Only God Forgives had Kirstin Scott Thomas' weird incesty mother and Ryan Gosling staring off-camera like a refugee from Birdemic.

Keanu Reeves confirmed that he's pretty good at playing douchebags, though. Made me want to watch The Gift again.

Hidden Figures
Went to see this with the fiancé on Friday. Based on 3 African American woman working for NASA in segregated Virginia in the 60s. Really enjoyed it as I do with most true story movies. Thought Kevin Costner was superb in a supporting role. I recommend it to you all.
8/10

11 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Hidden Figures
Went to see this with the fiancé on Friday. Based on 3 African American woman working for NASA in segregated Virginia in the 60s. Really enjoyed it as I do with most true story movies. Thought Kevin Costner was superb in a supporting role. I recommend it to you all.
8/10

Girlfriend sent me link to that Fences and Moonlight last night as the next on her list.

Like you a true story always adds to it for me 

The Girl on the Train

Meh. I can see why folk enjoyed it. You get a decent amount of depth to the three characters. My problem was that the three characters were extremely boring and I couldn't warm to any of them. It was sooooo slow as well. I didn't feel the pace ever went faster than 'steady'. Even when we find out what happened it was done in an extremely slow manner.

Just a dull film in general for me. I get the impression the book would have been far better and perhaps it was a complex story that couldn't really have been transferred well to the big screen.

Probably worth a watch as a lot of folk will enjoy it but I watched it as 'everyone' was going on about it. It'll be my first and last viewing.

3/10

The Lovings..

Enjoyed it but there was a certain tension missing from it that I had expected. 

Totally fair to show their obvious love and to concentrate on that and their legal struggle but no KKK in it I found surprising. Unless of course their address was kept so secret.

Still enjoyed it having said all of the above.