Tattoos

How would you describe the pain?

Depends where on the body, your thinking of getting it. My thigh was nippy at best, shoulders painful and spine agony. My latest tattoo, which is down my side was almost entirely painfree, as I had them put anaesthetic cream on an hour prior to starting. As it started to wear off for the last 20 minutes or so, I can safely say that the ribs are equally as painful if not more so than the spine

ETA, people who say it doesn't hurt, are probably the same type of tosser who would enter that tough mudder

Edited by MONKMAN

Id quite fancy getting one, never seen/thought of anything I wanted badly enough to get it marked on me permanently though. Would rather get something decent than get one just for the sake of it.

How would you describe the pain?

Depends where on the body, your thinking of getting it. My thigh was nippy at best, shoulders painful and spine agony. My latest tattoo, which is down my side was almost entirely painfree, as I had them put anaesthetic cream on an hour prior to starting. As it started to wear off for the last 20 minutes or so, I can safely say that the ribs are equally as painful if not more so than the spine

ETA, people who say it doesn't hurt, are probably the same type of tosser who would enter that tough mudder

My ribs were by far the worst. I never put any anaesthetic cream on at all as I didnt even know that existed! At the top of my back was painful but in no way unbareable like the way my ribs were at points.

I quite fancy one down the side of my arm.

Thats an easy enough place to handle the pain I would say. Although it's all down to you and how your pain threshold is. But also dont go in thinking its going to be agony, just go in and see how you get on. If you go in thinking its going to be agony then you might find it will be just because thats what you were expecting.

Edit to add:

Finally found it. Here's the tattoo thread that was kicking about for a good while not that long ago. Dunno whats exactly on each page but there's probably some advice in here if you're willing to wade through the bullshit to find it.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/128666-tattoo/page__hl__tattoo__st__275

Edited by 11thHour

My ribs were by far the worst. I never put any anaesthetic cream on at all as I didnt even know that existed! At the top of my back was painful but in no way unbareable like the way my ribs were at points.

Thats an easy enough place to handle the pain I would say. Although it's all down to you and how your pain threshold is. But also dont go in thinking its going to be agony, just go in and see how you get on. If you go in thinking its going to be agony then you might find it will be just because thats what you were expecting.

Edit to add:

Finally found it. Here's the tattoo thread that was kicking about for a good while not that long ago. Dunno whats exactly on each page but there's probably some advice in here if you're willing to wade through the bullshit to find it.

http://www.pieandbov...tattoo__st__275

Thanks 11thHour.

Family crest?

Like the idea of this.

It's the crest of Edinburgh; got it to remind me of home while I was away and also thought it was cool. Wouldn't have wanted some thistle and saltire cliché. Also planning on getting the crest of the part of France I was in.

franche_comte.jpg

Except black and grey and without the text.

Neither did I til the guy suggested it, for a tattoo on the ribs. Got it done at Tribe, on the Great Western Road, think they charge an extra tenner for the cream but as me and my brother were both booked in with the same guy that afternoon he gave us it for nothing

Don't think I'll be getting anymore, but if I did, I wouldn't consider it without the anaesthetic. I genuinely didn't realise it was getting done until I looked down and seen it for myself, honestly couldn't feel a thing

I have 2 tattoos and planning my 3rd one.

My first I got at 17, which was a saints badge to celebrate our promotion.

My second I got when I was 18 on my right leg, the Scotland badge with a thistle coming in the middle.

My 3rd I have planned is hopefully going to be a Maori tribal.

I have four and all have been reasonably painless so far, all of my current ones are on my upper arm though. I have plans to get one on my chest and one on my side soon though and a couple of mates have told me when it gets near the ribs it is sheer agony.

The tattoo I have I got about 12 years ago on the top of my left arm. It's not attractive at all and I always keep it hidden.

I like what the actual tattoo is, I just wish I had went to a better tattooist so it would be positioned and designed better.

I was young and slightly inebriated at the time, I don't recommend doing it that way.

The tattoo I have I got about 12 years ago on the top of my left arm. It's not attractive at all and I always keep it hidden.

I like what the actual tattoo is, I just wish I had went to a better tattooist so it would be positioned and designed better.

I was young and slightly inebriated at the time, I don't recommend doing it that way.

get it posted!