Heart of Midlothian 5 - 1 Hibernian

Lex

Yet beating tiny Gretna in the Scottish Cup final with Hearts two years later brought Fyssas the same sense of achievement.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

We'll be facing a tiny team in this year but I'm sure it will still bring a massive sense of achievement for the players.

Some amount of shite in this thread. For the sake of impartiality I'll start with Hibs:

"This is our year", "it's written in the stars", "the hoodoo will end because 1+9+0+2 equals 12 and in 1902 we had an Irish manager and a lanky, ginger, Irish striker". Utter, utter shite, there's no logic to it whatsoever. As has been pointed out before, we're playing Hearts FFS. This is the kind of shite you'd see in some Hollywood movie with a bunch of kids taking on the LA Lakers at basketball. It could happen or it could not, fate or destiny will have hee haw to do with it.

As for the Hearts fans saying they're guarenteed to win because they're ten derbies unbeaten, just as much shite there. Runs end, it could be Saturday or it could be three years from now. The past doesn't determine the future. I agree that your run points to you being favourites, but there's some things to remember.

A) Hibs have improved since the last derby, you can point out stats or whatever but they have, looking back to the last one we were an utter shambles then. We aren't great now by any means, but this squad are more organised now by a long way.

B) Even with Hibs being shite, they've had chances against Hearts. Words can't describe how bad Hibs were in the last two derbies, and even then there was some very good chances which they fucked up (GoC and Griffiths aren't missing too many chances). Our shiteness has flattered Hearts big time, against a more organised team they are very beatable.

In short, none of us know what will happen. Hearts are favourites, but Hibs have a chance. Pipe the f**k down and stop pretending to be Mystic Meg.

Notice how nearly every player that leaves still supports Hearts. Franck Sauzee and co. Couldn't desert Hibs quick enough. :lol:

We'll pump Hearts with relative ease. They're far more lucky to be in the final than we are.

We're talking about a team that scraped a 1-0 win over the great Auchinleck and were knocked out of the league cup by Ayr. :lol:

0/10 for that attempt.

1-0 down to 2nd Division Cowdenbeath within 20 seconds, won 3-2. :o

1-0 win against Killie. :o

2-0 win against relegated 1st Division Ayr. :o

2-1 win against a woeful Aberdeen. :o

:lol:

Edit: we had the bottle to win difficult replays at St Johnstone and St Mirren before beating the champions. :)

Edited by Paulo Sergio

Hearts played even worse against Celtic than we did against Aberdeen.

So I don't really know what point you're trying to make?

That is objectively false, but if it makes you feel better, who am I to convince you otherwise?

My point is that Hibs are absolutely rotten, but then again, we all knew that. cool.gif

i usually dont get involved in domestic squabbles but u could argue hearts are only in the final because of a penalty that never shouldve been given laugh.gif

edit:im pleased it was given but that is beyond the point

Edited by dafcchris

Hearts played even worse against Celtic than we did against Aberdeen.

There really is no facepalm emoticon big enough to cover that unbelievable comment! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

i usually dont get involved in domestic squabbles but u could argue hearts are only in the final because of a penalty that never shouldve been given laugh.gif

I take it Celtic are your big team and you're still hurting, you forgot to mention about Celtic's equaliser that was a mile offside and should never have stood, but don't let facts get in the way of your semi bitterness. rolleyes.gif

I take it Celtic are your big team and you're still hurting, you forgot to mention about Celtic's equaliser that was a mile offside and should never have stood, but don't let facts get in the way of your semi bitterness. rolleyes.gif

um no i cant stand celtic that goal was offside yes but 2 wrongs dont make a right