Heart of Midlothian 5 - 1 Hibernian

Lex

They're 3-0 up already don't you know? They booked a hotel beforw us, they're having a lopsided display with 20,000 flags & Jamie MacDonalds starting. 3-0 hibs. We might as well stay in the pub.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There's a slight problem with these goals though.

1. They plan on waving these flags during the game, all at the same time. How long will they wave them before they realise that they're all tangling and no-one can see a fucking thing outwith the front row?

2. They have 40 volunteers to lay out 4000 A2 sheets of paper and haven't even written instructions when to lift them on the back.

3. Jamie MacDonald has the 3rd best defence in the country infront of him. He also plays far better in big games.

The thing is how many Hibs fans have actually talked about the above? there are a few of the 'yam brigade' on hibs.net who might believe that bollocks but have you actually spoken to a non care in the community type who believes it? Most Hibbies I know will agree that the Jambos have a better side as weighted out in league performance but that in a cup final it is possible to get a result for a myriad of factors.

What kind of game is everyone expecting? The result is obviously the be all and end all but a pumping would be all the sweeter.

Can't see it though, expecting a really tight and nervy affair. Can't see it being more than 1-0.

I'm certainly not expecting it to be a high quality game of football that's for sure. I can see Hibs being fairly direct if they do go 4-4-2. For some reason however, I think they'll match us in the middle of the park and go 4-5-1, putting Griffths on the wing in an inverted striker role. With Kujabi injured, I don't see the full backs pressing too much and will keep it rather narrow at the back, which would at least tighten up our service from the wings.

For us, I can't see past our 4-5-1 with the back four staying the same. Barr and Black should be in the middle. I'd be very worried if Sergio all of a sudden thought Mrowiec should play there as Barr has proved to be a much better player in the holding role than he has. I'd prefer Suso and Templeton on the wings, but something tells me that templeton has not done enough to impress Sergio and will probably opt for Driver. Tbf, Driver's main strength of late for me has been closing down the full backs service of the ball which could prove useful in making Hibs punt it up the park rather than pass their way out. This would if it does happen, mean that we'll see most of the possession. Skacel will be in the hole, of that I have no doubt. The question will be whether Beattie is fit enough. For me, he has been at his best when coming on at half time. He completely helped in changing the games against both of the OF and should the game go into Extra time, there's just no way he'll be fit enough to last the 120 minutes. I would controversially start with Steve Elliot actually and bring him on in the second half instead of starting Beattie. That said we played some fantastic football against Dundee United when we went off. We absolutely pummelled them in the second half and had they not suckerpunched us in the second half, I'd have had no doubt we would have left Tannadice with 3 points. Having options like Templeton, Novikovas(who lets be fair only plays well when he comes off the bench) and as mentioned earlier Beattie would be a cracking bench and handy to have if we are playing too one dimensionally or the unthinkable(should Hibs be in the lead) would helpful to have a backup plan just in case.

Personally, I think the crowd will be more entertaining to watch than the game...

My nerves are off the fucking scale already. I hate the build up to a regular derby. This could well kill me.

You and me both mate, I remember before the Boxing Day game when Miko rapped home a thunderous winner to clinch the game 3-2, I was actually sick before it outside the ground, the wife couldn't believe how nervous I got :wacko:

I'll be lucky to eat, sleep, or even say a coherent sentence between Thursday and Saturday at 3pm, my boxers are already preparing themselves for the copious amounts of shit stains they're going to have to cope with, I feel sick just now thinking about it ffs!

Think the first half hour or so will be pretty dreadful then somebody will step up and take a grip of the game.

First goal is always important but I think it'll be even more so in this game. Whoever gets it will go on to win IMO.

I actually think that Hibs will try and come at us from the first whistle and take the game to us, because the longer the game goes on, we tend to get stronger, but are notoriously slow starters.

I'm having recurring visions of Rudi fizzing a first-time drive into the corner from 20 yards, completely out of the blue. Would be quite pleased with that tbh.

33w7btg.gif

He's the one man who could be the difference between the sides on Saturday, and seeing as it's his last game, I'd imagine he's going to be pinging them in from all angles and shoot on sight, he genuinely is the one person that will be on the pitch who's a born game changer.

My nerves are off the fucking scale already. I hate the build up to a regular derby. This could well kill me.

I've tried to throw myself into my work more than I've ever done this week to try and make the time go by quicker. If this was any other week, it'd be Friday already. A tactical Friday off might be in order...

I actually think that Hibs will try and come at us from the first whistle and take the game to us, because the longer the game goes on, we tend to get stronger, but are notoriously slow starters.

I would say the longer the game drags on the better for Hibs tbh, I expect them to try and park the bus.

Skacel will score, and so will Black.

I'll be interested to see how the Hearts fans react if they are not doing well in the early stages. I think Hearts are the favourites here and I expect them to win - but the nervousness of the fans can transmit to the team at times.

Does your carer only have you for set time periods? :lol:

You concern yourself with your own team sweetie, and I'm just delighted that you are able to come to our party this weekend.

For the generations of Hearts fans that you will undoubtedly sire I feel humbled that you will forever be able to tell them that you were there when the cup finally made it's way to Edinburgh dressed in Emerald Green and White.

Our time has come, Viva Hibs!

We'll pump Hearts with relative ease. They're far more lucky to be in the final than we are.

We're talking about a team that scraped a 1-0 win over the great Auchinleck and were knocked out of the league cup by Ayr. :lol:

What size is the biggest windy you have ever licked.

We'll pump Hearts with relative ease. They're far more lucky to be in the final than we are.

We're talking about a team that scraped a 1-0 win over the great Auchinleck and were knocked out of the league cup by Ayr. :lol:

Because you lot are far superior, narrowly avoiding relegation and all.