Heart of Midlothian 5 - 1 Hibernian

Lex

That just sums Hibs up really. A month of nerves, a night of no sleep and a morning of getting pished, only for the thing to be over before you could mutter "this might be our year". I won't miss most of the shitebags in our team. When Hibs equalised before half time I should've been absolutely buzzing for a potential come back, I just wasn't. Most of our players have a bad mix of hee haw talent and no bottle, Hibs were never coming back.

After hearing about the penalty and the red card being harsh I don't know whether to feel hard done by or not. On one hand it obviously contributed massively to the scoreline being as big as it was and that's annoying, but the result was never in doubt after the first couple of Hearts goals. Hearts are decent, Hibs are brutal, that's that.

You may accuse me of being full of shit for saying this, but I genuinely don't care right now about the never ending slaggings Hearts fans will dish out. Since I've been at uni in 2009 Hibs have made me almost immune to it, this was the final straw in terms of caring about our place in the Edinburgh derby. The fact that I'm so numb to something like derby bragging rights which once seemed so important is perhaps more sad than if I'd been spewing about it, but hopefully by the time next season comes round and we've all had a break I'll be in f**k the Hearts mode again.

The disappointment of today will probably kick in properly tommorow, so right now I'm trying to see the positives. I'll still always look back on the build up as good memories. The Hibs party they put on at Shettleston Juniors was great, and I seem to remember us all jumping off the back of the bus and laughing like a bunch of 8 year olds before the game, I love footballs ability to turn grown men into a bunch of juvenile dafties :lol: . Also, Hampden looked and sounded tremendous at the start. Mind you these consolations aren't so much "every cloud" but "every rampant tsunami disaster has a silver lining".

Enjoy your buttery biscuit base jambos. dry.gif

"when Hibs equalised before half time!!!!????"

You really were pished!

Referee made a mistake for the penalty, and indeed may have sent off Black early on for that forearm on Griffiths, but it still doesn't hide the fact that there was a real gulf between the sides. The way it was built up as a Capital Cup Final kind of elevated the Hibs side to equals, but given how close they were to being relegated, they should have approached it with a proper underdog mentality. Put it this way, Gretna, Queen of the South and Falkirk all did much better in their Cup final appearances because they dug in and made a game of it. Instead that was a one-sided embarrassment and it really should have been worse. Hibs' goal came from nothing, when the Hearts defence was caught sleeping at a corner.

When you look at the points tallies of both sides in the league and compare them with their displays yesterday, then I'd say that Hearts team underachieved on 52 points. They were dogged by inconsistency, but on this evidence, they are a strong tight side with a lot more to offer. Good pace down the wings and a very decent striker in Skacel. In contrast, Hibs looked exactly like a side that struggled to 30 points. I get the impression the fans like Fenlon, but he's really got to dismantle that side and start again, with the exception, ironically of a couple of his defenders. The front two of O'Connor and Griffiths look unprofessional, and in the former's case in particular, a shocking waste of talent. There is virtually no midfield and the players threw the towell in after the 4th goal, only to belatedly start to try again in the last 10 mins.

Not sure if this Hearts team will stick together now as they need to cut down their costs, and they really need Romanov to sell on the cheap. But Hibs are in danger of missing an historic opportunity here. They have no debt, a terrific stadium and a good infrastructure. However, the team is awful and I don't know if Fenlon can turn it around. Ironically they are one team that could handle relegation and rebuild again. It might have been in their interests had that come about.

Oh and whilst I'm here, I can't believe some people are having a go at Hibs fans for leaving early. If your teams not only losing a cup final to your greatest rivals but getting royally shafted, I think you can be forgiven for not wanting to stay around.

The people who stay around for no reason when their team's let them down massively are usually weird boffin types who are just happy to be out of their mum's basement for the day.

No you can't be forgiven, you cock womble. Leaving early because your team's losing is something greetin' faced glory hunting Rangers fans do. You expect better from fellow "diddies" for whom a cup final is a rare and precious thing, especially on an occasion like that.

There was forty minutes still to go when that lot started piling out. Forty! Anything could have happened in that time.

Black could have been sent off (let's face it, he's usually a banker bet to get himself in bother) or maybe some other Hearts player. Maybe even two. Right up until the final whistle, I was waiting for Zaliukas to score his traditional own goal (with the way the Hearts defence hogged the ball and passed it between themselves and the goalie during the last half hour, a moment of supreme fuckwaddery from the master of disaster seemed on the cards). Anything could have happened to turn the game on its head, and there was plenty of time to do it in.

I was at Fir Park when Gretna got beaten 5-1 by Derry City in the UEFA Cup. Did any of their fans leave early? No. It's called having a bit of class, taking the rough with the smooth.

In that respect, I can't blame those on the Hibs team that just gave up at that point seeing so many at the end they were now attacking heading to the exits. The Hibs fans that stayed may be to you "weird boffin types", but they're more supporters of the club that those p***ks that went off home in the huff like spoilt brats.

Time some (by no means all) of the Hibs support manned up a bit. It's one thing to criticise your team for playing without passion. It's quite another thing to give up on them so quickly that they feel "why bother?" as well.

Have to agree with Waffenthinmint. As a neutral but attending with a Hibee I was surprised by the lack of passion by the Hibs fans. Superb pre-match atmosphere by Hibs fans but as soon as Hearts scored it all went flat. I can understand that there was probably a sense of doom around the green end of the stadium but after all the hype and excitement of the lead-up to the final it was sad to see it all dissolve so soon into the match. I would hope any set of fans - no matter the circumstances - would rally and rouse their team on at Hampden. Even if some would argue that the current Hibs team doesn't merit the support of their fans - as a fan you have to be the bigger 'men/women' especially when times are tough. Leaving with 40 mins to go is a poor show - though not as bad as those that left at 30mins when Hearts went 2-0 up. That really was a pitiful sight.

I hope this is the lowest point for Hibs and they can re-group and become stronger.

Edited by Miss Bridie

In defence of the Hibs fans, it's called despair. There was a Rangers v Celtic Cup Final replay that finished 3-0, and by all accounts was extremely one-sided. On that occasion, the Celtic fans left in their droves at 2-0. Sometimes it's just self-torture to stay and watch your team get taken apart. I'm personally one who stays to the whistle, but each to their own.

Rangers gave us a doing in the 96 cup final (5-1 funnily enough) and the huge majority of hearts fans stayed to the bitter end.That said i dont blame the hibbys for bailing early doors.Home pissed at 1am and heading back out shortly to put up a banner outside my mates pub in Dalry,another liquid breakfast.

The hibs team had a look of "why bother" about them from the kick off. Not one of them cared, not one of them was first to the ball or flew into a tackle with the passion or desire needed to win a derby and a cup final! They all simply did not look like they wanted to be on that pitch to win that match, they looked defeated from the outset. Osbourne was non existant, Claros is far from pitbull, Soares does more unseen work that Brian Kerr whilst the likes of O'Connor/Griffiths claim to be hibs fans but not once have they shown the desire to actually turn up and play against Hearts this season. The only exception was Mcpake who was flying into blocks/tackles but was let down by everyone around him. I'm sorry but that performance dosent merit the supporters staying behind to be humiliated for a further forty minutes by their biggest rivals in the most important and biggest match of previous years and most likely many years to come.

I think we showed tactical naievety too, in lining up what was at times 4-4-2 but without proper widemen... and you could see we markedly impoved when Claros was subbed around 30mins and Sproule + Griffiths went down each wing meaning 4-5-1 with Soares-Osbourne-Stevenson across the middle to close-up Black etc.

Of course the red then stuffed all that as we had to go 4-4-1 and thereafter we toiled again.

Regarding people leaving early... you've got to a remember a large number of those in attendance (for both clubs) were people who rarely go to games. We've an average 9,000 this season but there was 22,000+ there. Many of them are the prime definition of "glory hunters" and that's why they were streaming out as soon as it went 4-1 (many were leaving at 3-1 infact). I understand fans leaving shortly before the end but the numbers who left with almost half the game left disappointed me greatly.

Edited by HibeeJibee

No you can't be forgiven, you cock womble. Leaving early because your team's losing is something greetin' faced glory hunting Rangers fans do. You expect better from fellow "diddies" for whom a cup final is a rare and precious thing, especially on an occasion like that.

There was forty minutes still to go when that lot started piling out. Forty! Anything could have happened in that time.

Black could have been sent off (let's face it, he's usually a banker bet to get himself in bother) or maybe some other Hearts player. Maybe even two. Right up until the final whistle, I was waiting for Zaliukas to score his traditional own goal (with the way the Hearts defence hogged the ball and passed it between themselves and the goalie during the last half hour, a moment of supreme fuckwaddery from the master of disaster seemed on the cards). Anything could have happened to turn the game on its head, and there was plenty of time to do it in.

I was at Fir Park when Gretna got beaten 5-1 by Derry City in the UEFA Cup. Did any of their fans leave early? No. It's called having a bit of class, taking the rough with the smooth.

In that respect, I can't blame those on the Hibs team that just gave up at that point seeing so many at the end they were now attacking heading to the exits. The Hibs fans that stayed may be to you "weird boffin types", but they're more supporters of the club that those p***ks that went off home in the huff like spoilt brats.

Time some (by no means all) of the Hibs support manned up a bit. It's one thing to criticise your team for playing without passion. It's quite another thing to give up on them so quickly that they feel "why bother?" as well.

f**k off you patronising welt.

I'll agree that people leaving at 3/4-1 with 40 minutes to go is too far. Most didn't though. I truly would have stayed and watched our team pick up their medals if they had simply lost to the better team but sitting watching a bunch of cowards being humiliated at 5-1 practically constitues torture.

"Manned up a bit?" Do me a favour. I've now sat and stood through 11 games against Heats without a win and will be there at the next one. Would I be more of a man if I had sat in an empty stand 'defiantly' watching my team til the bitter end. I don't agree with EGB that these people are some kind of weirdo's, everyone just reacts differently.

Tell me how you behaved last time your bitterest rivals pumped you in a cup your team hasn't won in over a century to extend their run to 11 games unbeaten? "Rough with the smooth" :lol:

XkFeS.png

That was Vlad is the man. How do I know? Because I made the fuckers.

Why do I never get the credit... :(

Pleasing day. but Hibs showed absolutely f**k all resolve in playing for the jersey and they were lucky we didn't go for double figures, which we looked more than capable of.

Was never a pen, Good to see of the hibs fans being courteous, unlike the c***s that spat on my mate and tried to start on us.

A few boys said that they no longer give a f**k about 7-0, as this game was pissed all over it him.

You do kinda have to feel for the Hibs fans. They'll never, ever live this down. The Hearts fans won't let them forget this one.

Losing to your biggest rivals is shite at the best of times but to be absolutely humiliated in a national cup final is wrist slitting stuff.

I certainly don't blame any Hibs fans who walked out of that early. In fact I'd question the sanity of any who actually stayed to the bitter end.

Good luck at work on Monday chaps.

There were about ten Hibs fans still scattered about their end waving flags as Hearts lifted the trophy. f**k that for a laugh :lol:

Pleasing day. but Hibs showed absolutely f**k all resolve in playing for the jersey and they were lucky we didn't go for double figures, which we looked more than capable of.

Was never a pen, Good to see of the hibs fans being courteous, unlike the c***s that spat on my mate and tried to start on us.

A few boys said that they no longer give a f**k about 7-0, as this game was pissed all over it him.

What you meant is Suso is a cheating little C***! Am I right?!

f**k off you patronising welt.

I'll agree that people leaving at 3/4-1 with 40 minutes to go is too far. Most didn't though. I truly would have stayed and watched our team pick up their medals if they had simply lost to the better team but sitting watching a bunch of cowards being humiliated at 5-1 practically constitues torture.

"Manned up a bit?" Do me a favour. I've now sat and stood through 11 games against Heats without a win and will be there at the next one. Would I be more of a man if I had sat in an empty stand 'defiantly' watching my team til the bitter end. I don't agree with EGB that these people are some kind of weirdo's, everyone just reacts differently.

Tell me how you behaved last time your bitterest rivals pumped you in a cup your team hasn't won in over a century to extend their run to 11 games unbeaten? "Rough with the smooth" :lol:

Agree with this, I usually stay no matter the score but there have occasions where you know there's no way back and the last thing you want to do is hang around listening to the gloating. Don't blame anybody for leaving, don't think anybody who stayed is weird. Each to their own.

laugh.gif I'll give you some credit - loved it! Shook his hand after the game, I was that chuffed to see that Greggy had, in a way, made it to Hampden after all.

My word. What an absolute fucking raping. Fenlon has to be held accountable for that. The Hibs players didn't look like they gave a fuck.