whisky lovers

14992874970751460873380.thumb.jpg.74f7106f91146e193f125771928980ae.jpgmy current collection from back left.

Singleton spey cascade.

Benromach organic.

Glenfiddich 12yr old 

Auchentoshan American oak.

Glen grant. Major reserve 

Aberlour 12 yr old

Aberfeldy 12 yr old.

Jura original 10 yr. 

Benromach 10 yr old 

Glenglasshaugh revival ( gift from a friend yesterday)  

The classic laddie 

Auchentoshan three wood.

14992874970751460873380.thumb.jpg.74f7106f91146e193f125771928980ae.jpgmy current collection from back left.
Singleton spey cascade.
Benromach organic.
Glenfiddich 12yr old 
Auchentoshan American oak.
Glen grant. Major reserve 
Aberlour 12 yr old
Aberfeldy 12 yr old.
Jura original 10 yr. 
Benromach 10 yr old 
Glenglasshaugh revival ( gift from a friend yesterday)  
The classic laddie 
Auchentoshan three wood.

Widn't.
Wid.
Widn't.
Widn't.
Wid.
Wid.
Widn't.
Wid.
Wid.
Wid.
Widn't.

Is that an Aga type cooker in the middle of the room..?

Looking after my dads dog while hes on holiday for a fee weeks so also battering into his whisky collection.

so far:

Tomintoul 16-shite.

Glenfiddich IPA-nice, I did buy for this for him but was wanting xx instead but they were out of stock.

will update as i go along.

Now tapping some Deanston 12. Its probably the best 12 year old i have tried. It really is fantastic stuff.
I've done the tour there and its quite interesting in that the buildings were not built for distillation but for a cotton mill. The mill wheel is now used for electricity so it is self sufficient.

50 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Now tapping some Deanston 12. Its probably the best 12 year old i have tried. It really is fantastic stuff.
I've done the tour there and its quite interesting in that the buildings were not built for distillation but for a cotton mill. The mill wheel is now used for electricity so it is self sufficient.

Love it. I agree I did Deanston a couple of weeks ago and it was good. Came away with the 20yo port finish and it's sensational. Asked one of the boys in the gift shop for a wee shot of the new 14 Spanish oak (cask strength 57% or something) thinking I'd get a wee taster. Ended up he poured me an absolute bucket and one for himself. :lol:

Booze raid update:

Tomatin Legacy. Not found it any different to when I first tried it at a tomatin whisky tasting where my dad purchased it. Smooth and unoffensive, not one Im mad about but there are miles worse  base entry NAS whiskys out there. I got the tawny port finished  Tomatin at the same tasting which is miles better unsuprisingly. 

Further update:its grown on me,another nip it is.

Further further update: now back on old faithful,deanston 12.

Amazon prime day but a bit disappointed in the whisky selection on offer. Settled on a 12 year old Highland Park with 2 tasting glasses for the princely sum of £24:50. Not coming till the 22nd of July though, so much for Prime delivery.

Amazon prime day but a bit disappointed in the whisky selection on offer. Settled on a 12 year old Highland Park with 2 tasting glasses for the princely sum of £24:50. Not coming till the 22nd of July though, so much for Prime delivery.

Decent enough price with the two glasses but for me now the HP 12 I find a tad rough these days. When I was a teen in my old local it was the first whisky I would have without a mixer and set me on my way to appreciating whisky but now If you offered me that or black bottle I wouldn't be arsed either way.

12 minutes ago, HI HAT said:

Nice set. I use those glasses all the time for side by side comparisons. 

Got to honest, having a good size dram of Laphroaig quarter cask that I go about a month ago, I'll be glad when it's finished. Usually like Laphroaig but this hasn't done anything to make me buy it again
Going to get something to enjoy while waiting for the HP. Cheers guys