whisky lovers

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Funny enough I was just looking at the Hazelburn 13 there but balking at the price a wee bit. Might go with the 10.  Might need to take some time out as I am still reeling from her admission. 

The 10 is quality. Better than the 12 which is the other standard bottling I think. I've also tried a 14 straight from the distillery in a handwritten label, on a visit to the Pot Still. Was about £12 a half but good if really different from the rest. 

Just now, invergowrie arab said:

Yes. With a night in the potstill before. 

I'll likely wet myself at some point.

Nice. Heading to the evening session with my dad. 

Asda are selling Tamnavulin Double Cask for £20 and Highland Park 12yo for £25 just now.

It's been years since I've tried Highland Park but it's better than I remember.

Anyone tried the Tamnavulin?

Got a bottle of Uigeadail today which I've been meaning to get for a while. Was on special at the Whisky Exchange this week. Plus these wee samples of stuff I've wanted to try for a while. The Kilchoman is really nice if you like your Islays, nice and light and fresh. I'll look for a full bottle of that next month.
I've actually had blood oak before but it was just a wee taster at Glasgow airport years ago. You can't really find them about nowadays. 
vth92TI.jpg

Think the blood oak is an airport exclusive nowadays.

Was in aldi yesterday, I have always been curious about thier glen marnoch range, anyone tried it is it a good drop for the price 
They have Sherry cask stuff was going to give a shot

They do a 28 year old for under £50 near Christmas that is well worth a punt.

Asda are selling Tamnavulin Double Cask for £20 and Highland Park 12yo for £25 just now.
It's been years since I've tried Highland Park but it's better than I remember.
Anyone tried the Tamnavulin?

It's ok. I'm about a third of the way through a bottle I got a few weeks back. For £20 it's a decent whisky and for that price I would happily buy again but at full price I think there are others I would choose ahead of it.

Some new Douglas Laing stuff to get into. Must say I'm looking forward to the Caol Ila, the best peated whisky I've had is a First Editions Caol Ila of the same age. 

2tysMKX.jpg

Pure filth to look at on a sunny morning on the Clyde Riviera. 

I've been trying some whiskies that have been lurking at the back of my cupboard for years.

Glemorangie Lasanta, Caol Ila 12 and Ardbeg 10.

The cork snapped when I tried to open the Ardbeg, then when I tried to remove the remaining bit, I just pushed it into the bottle.

Bought two tickets for the Stirling whisky festival next with a tasting session on top. Been wanting to go for years but have always been working or on holiday.
In other Gannonball whisky news I got a 25 yo ben riach at online auction recently, yet to try it though. Also did a tour at the Edradour distillery in Pitlochry when me and my mate were meant to be climing schiehallion but weather was shite. Would recommend it if you it if you are passing it, a really quaint picturesque distillery that tbey have spent a few quid on of late.

As far as I know, An Oa and the 10 Y.O are both kind of on a par as far as being Ardbeg’s ‘signature’ or most popular bottles. However, their ‘Uigeadail’ has been getting a lot of good reviews in recent years.

As far as Ardbeg being the best in the world, this might be the opinion of the majority, but personally I don’t think it’s even the best on Islay. Again though, I’ve only tried An Oa and a limited edition one (the name I’ve forgot) they were producing when we did the tour. Still prefer Laphroaig myself.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Going to get an Ardbeg for Christmas.

Which one though? I have never tried any.

Go for the 10. You actually can get a sort of gift box of the 10 that comes with wee tasters of the Uigeadail and Corryvreckan which are their 2 NAS but generallyhighly regarded next up bottles in the core range.

But definitely start with the 10. It really is nice and Ardbeg are a good distillery.