whisky lovers

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried it a few times, mainly because I know a few people that really rate it, but I've never been overly impressed. 

I preferred the peated version of it which I think is called 'Longrow'.

Springbank is one of my favourites, though my taste in whisky is more towards the delicate end of the scale so those who prefer something peaty may not be so keen. Longrow reminds me of standing in a peat oven.

Nearly finished a Balvenie Doublewood which has been glorious. I'd happily drink it for the rest of time, but does anyone have recommendations of something similar but just as good?

I love doublewood as well.

Most of my favourite whiskies (Lagavulin, Bowmore Darkest, Doublewood, Macallan) are matured in sherry casks.

I've never drank sherry, maybe I should try it.

Has anyone tried the Jura Elixir? I've never had it (nor even heard of it) before but I saw a bottle in Sainsbury's on offer but my usual go to whisky expert hasn't tried it before.

It's OK, a 6/10 from me. It's limited edition bottling.

Prophecy is excellent. A real hard hitting peatiness without them medicinal taste like Laphroaig

I love doublewood as well.

Most of my favourite whiskies (Lagavulin, Bowmore Darkest, Doublewood, Macallan) are matured in sherry casks.

I've never drank sherry, maybe I should try it.

You should try some of the glendronochs.

3 hours ago, nelsjfc said:

You should try some of the glendronochs.

Cheers, I've just read reviews of some of them on the Whisky Exchange and I'll add it to the list of bottles I want. I think my next purchases will be something from Glenfarclas, Tamdhu and Glendronach.

1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

Cheers, I've just read reviews of some of them on the Whisky Exchange and I'll add it to the list of bottles I want. I think my next purchases will be something from Glenfarclas, Tamdhu and Glendronach.

Great choices - I used to live not far from the Glenfarclas distillery and the 10yo was always a favourite.

It did have a tendency to give me a sore head all the same, which is why I tend to stick with Balvennie DW and Tamdhu.