Community

the jambo-rocker

Well with arguably the best show on Television right now and my obsession atm, I thought I'd get a thread ready for it's glorious return on March 15th, instead of hogging the New US TV shows thread.

Here is a 'Save Greendale' that CollegeHumour put out about a month ago.

#Sixseasonsandamovie Edited by DavidMcG

At last :D Not even sure how it ended up in that thread!

Well it's a US tv show that doesn't really get aired here (I saw it on Viva once, but wtf), is it not just the three of us that watch it? I'll post some GIFs when I'm back on my home computer at about 6, not sure the uni would like me posting pictures of Annie (:wub:)

• 2 weeks later...

I see season 2 will finally be on over here on April 10th. Sony TV (Sky 157 / Virgin 193) have picked it up, so I'm looking forward to recording them all on the Sky box.

Edited by cityfan

I watched the first 6/7 episodes and thought it was alright but was never motivated to keep going. I know all you guys rave on about it - does it get better or is it pretty similar.

I'm not a huge fan of comedies but enjoy three that are on my schedule HIMYM, Happy Endings, New Girl

I dunno, I think it's just constantly funny.

I despair if you enjoy New Girl but not Community.

I watched the first 6/7 episodes and thought it was alright but was never motivated to keep going. I know all you guys rave on about it - does it get better or is it pretty similar.

I'm not a huge fan of comedies but enjoy three that are on my schedule HIMYM, Happy Endings, New Girl

I'd say it gets better as the show goes on, I wasn't completely reeled in until halfway through season 1(although when I go back and watch them now, I find it better for some reason). Like forehead said, if you watch new girl over community, then I fear for you.

Aye I think it gets better every episode, I would say the first 4 are a bit meh but after that some of the bits are world class. "May cause hypertension and octopus loss" was one of the screamers I remember from season 3 :lol:

Twas a good episode, not one of the best but I'm not surprised they toned down the weirdness a bit since there was always bound to be new people tuning in to check it out.

And boy did they:

8 p.m. - "American Idol" started primetime in first with 15.52 million viewers and a 4.5 rating among adults 18-49 for FOX. ABC's "Missing" premiere averaged 10.56 million viewers and a 2.0 key demo rating, actually coming in lower than the September key demo premiere for "Charlie's Angels." NBC was third with "Community" (4.89 million viewers and a whopping 2.2 key demo rating) and "30 Rock" (4.045 million viewers and a 2.0 key demo rating). CBS' NCAA Tournament coverage averaged only 4.27 million viewers and a 1.5 key demo rating. On The CW, "The Vampire Diaries" returned with 2.62 million viewers and a 1.2 key demo rating.

You see NBC? This is the ratings when you don't have to go up against the Big Bang Theory, take fucking note you morons. Third best show at the 8pm slot behind American Idol and Missing, ahead of 30 Rock, NCAA and The Vampire Diaries. Good job biggrin.gif

Edited by forehead7

At last :D Not even sure how it ended up in that thread!

I'll celebrate by posting my favourite fan made community video again. Watch and listen closely, it's utter genius.

Argh was about to post this, didnt see it last time because I was on the phone :lol:

It is actually world class, could watch it for ages without getting bored. The fact that it's Donald Glover (Troy) who sings the track makes it even more legendary :D

Watched most of series one today and its alright, wont download it each week from US but enjoyable enough to Sky+ when on here.

Some observations:

Troy and Achmed are the best 2 characters by a mile.

Shirley and Britta are shite characters that add nothing for me.

Annie has fantastic jugs

The asian teacher character chang is most annoying character. Unoriginal and done to death. Does my tits in.

It reminds me of Van Wilder and what would have happened if they turned that into a tv series.

Halloween episode been the best yet, esp batman

Watched most of series one today and its alright, wont download it each week from US but enjoyable enough to Sky+ when on here.

Some observations:

Troy and Achmed are the best 2 characters by a mile.

Shirley and Britta are shite characters that add nothing for me.

Annie has fantastic jugs

The asian teacher character chang is most annoying character. Unoriginal and done to death. Does my tits in.

It reminds me of Van Wilder and what would have happened if they turned that into a tv series.

Halloween episode been the best yet, esp batman

Oh hey Pierce tongue.gif

It's Abed

I agree on the first two, although Jeff is a great character too. I quite like Chang, the stuff between him and Duncan(the English teacher) is great(if you've got there yet).

edit: just realised that I only said I agreed with the first two, Annie definitely has fantastic jugs! GTG go back to the US TV Shows thread and find some of the GIFs me and CityFan posted, they're fantastic wub.gif

Edited by forehead7

Oh hey Pierce tongue.gif

It's Abed

I agree on the first two, although Jeff is a great character too. I quite like Chang, the stuff between him and Duncan(the English teacher) is great(if you've got there yet).

I owe you a green dot for the bit in bold :lol:

I think all the characters are great tbh, obviously Troy and Abed are the best but they all add something to the show which I think makes it so good. The relationships and interactions between them from the end of season 1 onwards are fantastic aswell. Wouldn't mind seeing duncan a bit more from duncan tbh, watched some of the season 2 outtakes on youtube and it reminded me of how good he is (Jeff putting him off while trying to do a scene shouting "f**k OFF" as soon as he walks in the room is faf)