The X Files

Busta Nut

I have purchased the Box set of The X Files and am Waiting on it getting delivered before I hammer Through it.

Any one else a fan?

Does the First film make any reference to the series? (for some reason I never seen the first film) ordered both films too.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recently watched all nine seasons, tremendous viewing. The first film continues on from the season five finale 'The End' while season six begins where the film left off. Hence my confusion when moving from season five to six as I had no idea the film was meant to be a continuation of the theme from season five. I've still never watched the first film however I have watched the second, it's nothing spectacular but a decent film nonetheless.

Easily one of the best TV series ever made.

I remember ordering the first season box set off Play and wondering what I was doing, but watched it all in the space of a couple of days and ended up ordering them all one by one. Think I'll give em a look this weekend again.

Scully :wub:

Absolute babe. :D

She was voted "sexiest woman in the world" in FHM one year. I think it goes to show just how attractive she is/was that she managed that feat despite having to wear really drab suits week in, week out on the x-files.

(she *did* do one gloriously awesome FHM shoot, mind you...)

My favourite episode was probably The Post Modern Prometheus, closely followed by Home.

To be honest the whole Government conspiracy/smoking man thread of the series became far too contrived by series 4 or 5.

My favourite one is probably the real-time one on the 1930s cruise liner. Can't remember what its called. The one where they go undercover as a married couple to the suburban paradise is brilliant too. My favourite x-files moment, though, is in Hollywood AD where you see them watching the film based on them. Their reactions are brilliant :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm currently about half way through season 8, watching them all in order for the first time (I could never keep up when they were on TV). I'm really enjoying it all---my biggest complaint regarding the overreaching plot arc isn't so much the details of the conspiracy plot, its the fact that you get two or three episodes where Mulder/Scully/Skinner find out absolutely life changing revelations that affect the whole of mankind (or do they...? :lol: ) and then you'll get 6 or 7 episodes where said revelations aren't even mentioned. They could at least have had a line of dialogue here or there along the lines of:

"So, erm, what about that mad crazy conspiracy shit we found out about?"

"No leads, but in the meantime this other case has come up..."

Never missed an episode - brilliant from start to finish, the 1st movie was excellent too, but the 2nd...

was absolute pish - totally ruined all the good work.

I thought the final few episodes were a bit ropey, to be honest. Once they resorted to explosions every three minutes. But early to mid period X-Files were excellent, and at its best downright brilliant, I agree. The second film I genuinely fell asleep watching. Twice. On two different occasions. A feat also achieved by the latest Indian Jones film.

My favourite episode was probably The Post Modern Prometheus, closely followed by Home.

To be honest the whole Government conspiracy/smoking man thread of the series became far too contrived by series 4 or 5.

I liked the occasional comedy episodes, the ones with the three conspiracy theorists trying to flirt with Scully were always a laugh, as was the one where Scully and Mulder had to pretend to be married. And the Cher/Elephant man pastiche.

She was voted "sexiest woman in the world" in FHM one year. I think it goes to show just how attractive she is/was that she managed that feat despite having to wear really drab suits week in, week out on the x-files.

(she *did* do one gloriously awesome FHM shoot, mind you...)

In the words of the much missed Peter Grant, EVIDENCE PLEASE!

The comedy episodes were fucking brilliant. The vampire episode "Bad Blood" with Luke Wilson in it was tremendous. Mulder remembering him with buck teeth :lol:

I have purchased the Box set of The X Files and am Waiting on it getting delivered before I hammer Through it.

Any one else a fan?

Does the First film make any reference to the series? (for some reason I never seen the first film) ordered both films too.

One of the best things thats ever been on TV. I have the DVD box set too.

I would really like it in divx/avi format though. Need to have a look and see if I can find it.

• 3 months later...

I'm just started to watch these again. I said again, as when I was a wee guy, my mum and dad would watch the X-Files when it was shown and record it at the same time, and decide if it was okay for me to watch, so I've seen some of them. My friend said it is his favourite TV show so it must be good!

The FHM with Gillian Anderson on the cover is worth a bit of money. I still have my one in a box in the loft.

gillian_fhm_b.jpg

fhm19.jpg

fhm8.jpg

I haven't seen the X-Files in ages, might try and acquire it and watch it from the start, as on TV I always missed episodes and the story arc got a bit confusing if you missed a bit of the arc.

I loved the Tooms episodes, extremely creepy and scary for a TV episode.

My favourite one is probably the real-time one on the 1930s cruise liner. Can't remember what its called.

Think that was the one where the ship was named after Gillian Anderson's daughter, Piper Maru (I did have to Google the name as it's not the easiest to remember). It is a great episode.

My favourite TV show bar none - Just truly awesome TV.

The chemistry between Mulder & Scully was fantastic - I loved the monster of the week stuff and mythology stuff was gripping at times (and down right confusing at others)

I was never quite convinced that Chris Carter knew what he was doing with the overall direction of the show but they still managed to churn out some great episodes

The move to California changed the look of the whole show and its started slowly going downhill from there.

My favourite episode is probably Clyde Bruckmans Final Repose with Peter Boyle starring as Mr Bruckman who can foresee how people will die.

Archived