South Park

Cityfan

• 2 weeks later...

I love South Park. Its a show that ill always watch. 

The last few seasons have been really dissapointing overall. Theres been a few good spells during episodes but the golden era for me was episodes like the Warcraft episode, Two days before the day after tomorrow, the  Nintendo Wii saga, The Coon, the lord of the rings, the game of thrones episodes and imagination land. Mostly around seasons 8 to 11 i think.

Cartmans girlfriend is starting to get really annoying (was better in the most recent episode tbf) and is spoiling Cartman. Not enough of Randy either.

Just feels like they're constantlaffairsy trying to do too much around current affairs. I

Bit of a damp squib end to the season. The concept of 80s nostalgic horror / coming-of-age drama wasn't really explored all that well and the sub-plots of Garrison living feral and the PC Principal and Vice Principal falling for each other felt under developed too. Shame. Overall, definite improvement on last year, tho.

• 9 months later...

I thought last season was decent and generally over the course of 21 years the show has been consistently good, broadly speaking. The Simpsons became shit after ten seasons and has been consistently bad thereafter. As for the new episode, the school shootings that no one cares about and Randy blaming Sharon's reaction on her period was pretty funny as was the B plot of Cartman being suspicious of Token not seeing Black Panther.

A Boy and a Priest -- I was a bit deflated with the whole rapey priest joke stuff in church. But then the clean-up crew arrived and all was right in the world. Plus, it's a Butters episode and who doesn't love Butters?

The Trouble With A Poo -- Felt like this was an episode written some time ago.  Probably good on paper but didn't really translate to all that funny on the screen. The final couple of scenes made it sorta interesting but, yikes, it had its moments but I was pretty bored most of the way through. Not one I imagine watching again any time soon.

On 10/5/2018 at 14:59, MSU said:

A Boy and a Priest -- I was a bit deflated with the whole rapey priest joke stuff in church. But then the clean-up crew arrived and all was right in the world. Plus, it's a Butters episode and who doesn't love Butters?

Finally got round to watching the first 3 episodes tonight.  Have to say these 3 episodes made me laugh out loud far more then I can remember any episode from the last couple of seasons.

“I can’t tell if it’s frosting or cum”

“It’s an 8 yr olds birthday...of course it’s cum!”

:lol: