South Park

Cityfan

It's been not bad so far, all series. Much better than the last series, and I'm glad they've returned to individual episodes, but I can't remember the last time we had an episode that looks likely to still be regarded as a classic in ten years. They used to produce four or five of them per series.

The improved season continues. I thought last night’s episode, although maybe going over old ideas a bit, was pretty funny. Cartman and the boys doing barbershop at the old folks home was quality. 

The more basic the story the better, where they do things normal kids would do with the extra massive exaggeration and imagination are the best ones. Keep saying it but see series 7/8. These mental ones that have these far fetched story lines don't really do it for me.

Not watched latest one though.

On 10/22/2017 at 03:27, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I didn’t enjoy the latest one that much it was ok, although I was buckled at stans grandad battering the old woman.

The super hero one last week was hella funny.

I tend to agree.  The Coon and Friends episodes are pretty enjoyable.

I think this season has been off the boil generally.  Perhaps the show's  coming to its natural shelf life.  Been a while since the peak of seasons 8 to 11, I'd suggest.  That said, the Simpsons hasn't had a classic episode in about ten years, and they still churn that out.

The barbershop quartet medley was pretty funny, especially the Nirvana song.    Actually, the best part of this series has been the songs.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

I tend to agree.  The Coon and Friends episodes are pretty enjoyable.

I think this season has been off the boil generally.  Perhaps the show's  coming to its natural shelf life.  Been a while since the peak of seasons 8 to 11, I'd suggest.  That said, the Simpsons hasn't had a classic episode in about ten years, and they still churn that out.

The barbershop quartet medley was pretty funny, especially the Nirvana song.    Actually, the best part of this series has been the songs.

I was bored at work a couple of months ago, so I spent a Friday afternoon building some analysis of selected US sitcom data, using IMDb ratings as some kind of arbiter of quality. The Simpsons has been in decline since its peak around season 8, twenty years ago, and it's been shite (average rating below 7) since season 17, some eleven years ago. South Park's never had a season below 7. The lowest ratings were 7.7 and 7.6 for seasons 15 and 16 (Human Centipad, You're Getting Old, I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining etc) but it bounced back through to season 19. Last season, obviously, was a low point.

You can see the analysis and interact with it here. It's quite interesting to see things like Everybody Loves Raymond improved as it went along, and that the last episodes of How I Met Your Mother were diabolical and the best episode of According to Jim wasn't as good as the worst episode of Friends.

https://public.tableau.com/profile/gaviano#!/vizhome/IMDbUSSitcomRatings--August2017/Overall

41 minutes ago, MSU said:

I was bored at work a couple of months ago, so I spent a Friday afternoon building some analysis of selected US sitcom data, using IMDb ratings as some kind of arbiter of quality. The Simpsons has been in decline since its peak around season 8, twenty years ago, and it's been shite (average rating below 7) since season 17, some eleven years ago. South Park's never had a season below 7. The lowest ratings were 7.7 and 7.6 for seasons 15 and 16 (Human Centipad, You're Getting Old, I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining etc) but it bounced back through to season 19. Last season, obviously, was a low point.

You can see the analysis and interact with it here. It's quite interesting to see things like Everybody Loves Raymond improved as it went along, and that the last episodes of How I Met Your Mother were diabolical and the best episode of According to Jim wasn't as good as the worst episode of Friends.

https://public.tableau.com/profile/gaviano#!/vizhome/IMDbUSSitcomRatings--August2017/Overall

Seinfeld must have been hugely popular in the middle of its run given its starting and finishing points.

32 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Seinfeld must have been hugely popular in the middle of its run given its starting and finishing points.

Yeah, if you click on the Show Ratings tab at the top and select Seinfeld, you can see its progression through each episode.

I never really got Seinfeld.

haven't watched much of this season, is it true there's a barbershop quartet scene with songs from the 90's like Nirvana - Rape Me?
:lol: and yet :unsure: at how old that makes me feel...

Is this the episode they also do Insane In The Brain? I seen a short clip Cypress Hill tweeted the other night

13 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

haven't watched much of this season, is it true there's a barbershop quartet scene with songs from the 90's like Nirvana - Rape Me?

:lol: and yet :unsure: at how old that makes me feel...

yep

4 hours ago, MSU said:

Love this. Basically a yep, we fucked up.

They did an interview with Bill Simmons on his podcast a few months back where they said very similar; essentially they tried to do something different but it didn't pan out and eventually became an absolute chore.