South Park

Cityfan

54 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

After watching Silence of the Lambs and Red Dragon recently it always amuses me how they rip the pish out of certain movies and TV shows.

Off the top of my head.

Silence of the Lambs - Bebes Boobs destroy society

Red Dragon - the one where Eric is a psychic

Braveheart - several references, but the one in season 1 or 2 where they fight the turkeys

Godfather - Tooth Fairy Tats

Scarface - Medicinal Fried Chicken

Game of Thrones - the 3 parter

Lord of the Rings - Fellowship of the Ring

Simpsons - Simpsons already did it

Family Guy - the 2 parter about Mohammed

Any more? Imagine there'll be hunners but don't want to cheat and look it up

Let's see ...

The Shining -- A Nightmare of Face Time

Heavy Metal -- Major Boobage

Cloverfield -- The Startling double header

I'm sure there were plenty in the early seasons ... the Damien episode being The Omen, f'rinstance.

• 1 month later...

The one with the shakeweight thing is quite funny but the Gordon Ramsay impression. I'm not one for exaggerating thing being funny but i was actually crying.

And some tacked-on scene on a Towely one, they're sitting playing a console and someone goes 'Cool an underwater level!'
'Don't forget to bring a towel'
They all laugh
'You're a terrible character Towely'
'I know'

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

References Awesomo.

Ones like that are by far my favourite, obviously some mental things happened in that one, scientist and the army etc, but the general thought aging it is something you could imagine a bully doing. I love the obscene wacky ones too but the kids being kids ones where they don't get too carried away are fantastic.

Literally watch this show on loop when I'm in the house.

• 1 month later...

Season 21 kicked off with a decent episode tonight, poking fun at white supremacy marches, tiki torches, confederate flags etc. It's Randy-centric, so that's a plus point. The B plot with Cartman and Heidi was a bit meh. Chuckled a couple of times and it's nice to see that they can still do standalone episodes that complete their own arcs. 5/10.

It was weird. As I was describing the episode to a friend who hadn't seen it, I was laughing much more than I did actually watching it. Explaining about why the Echos and whatever were all thrown away, and the redneck sitting on a chair in the corner of the room, and Cartman getting them all to talk to each other seemed really funny as I was remembering it. So why wasn't it all that funny when I was sitting there seeing it happen?

Episode 2 of the new series isn't very funny. It's basically just a 20 minute long "shut the f**k up, Donny".  But it does feature one of the best songs they've done for a long time.

Edited by Savage Henry

9 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Episode 2 of the new series isn't very funny. It's basically just a 20 minute long "shut the f**k up, Donny".  But it does feature one of the best songs they've done for a long time.

Really? Kim Jong Un laying out his plans to nuke Tweek's house wasn't funny? I thought it was a decent episode, a good bit better than last week. 7/10.

ETA -- Sorry, just realized you didn't say it wasn't funny, just not very funny. I dunno, I laughed a few times. Tweek with four fidget spinners. And you're right, the song was quality.

Edited by MSU

7 hours ago, MSU said:

Really? Kim Jong Un laying out his plans to nuke Tweek's house wasn't funny? I thought it was a decent episode, a good bit better than last week. 7/10.

ETA -- Sorry, just realized you didn't say it wasn't funny, just not very funny. I dunno, I laughed a few times. Tweek with four fidget spinners. And you're right, the song was quality.

Yeah, I thought it was actually quite a good, focused episode, although I'm not quite sure what they're doing with Eric. He being Eminem seemed a bit... odd.  I just didn't laugh terribly often.  The Twitter exchange seems remarkably prescient this morning.