F.C. Pro Vercelli 1892

Smurph

March 2021

The amount of times I've typed 2012 when I mean 2021 is starting to annoy me!

5ihv0.png

A point dropped against Lazio is quite disappointing, our first draw of the season in the league - we haven't beaten them all season - but it was the game after that which we were focused on and managed a fantastic victory over Inter. Went 1-0 up and then they equalised before Maringá popped up to make it 2-1 and not before long it was 3-1. Conceded again but we held it together with what could be a very vital three points. A solid win against Juventus (which, really, should have been a 3/4-0 victory) gives us another win.

S8u5t.png

Eight games left. One point behind the leaders and three points separate the top three. I reckon it's going down to the wire.

Three days after that game against Inter Milan we had another massive game: Manchester United at Old Trafford.

We had drawn 1-1 at the Pro Vercelli Stadium, and while that was an excellent result, their away goal might be a massive advantage to them. We'd try our hardest though, certainly.

It was the Red Devils of Manchester v the White Lions of Vercelli

0-3.

EK8Lb.png

Honestly? That may be my best ever Football Manager result. That may well top the win at the San Siro against Milan. That was sublime. Within 20 minutes we were 3-0 up against Manchester United who won it in 2017. We had three shots, three were on target, and three were goals. That was quite simply incredible. I didn't want to f**k up so I told the team to sit back a little more and it worked and we kept a clean sheet as well. Brilliant. I was eating my dinner when Toplek's goal went in, and though some of it went on the floor, it was 100% worth it.

I know I normally do pictures but I thought a video was more appropriate. It adds less drama but that was amazing.

The only disappointment I have from that game is that Toplek is injured, and he's out for six or seven weeks. However, as good as he's been as he's came back, we proved at the beginning of the season what we can do without him. We just need to keep it together until he gets back.

So, who awaits us in the Champion's League quarter finals?

220px-FCB.svg.png

Oh for f**k's sake...

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry smurph but i think your CL adventure is over lol

cue smurph beating them now lol

Oh ye of little faith...

l8DtM.png

However, as great a result as that may have been, I'm sure you also noticed that Maringá is injured. How long for?

6gPKc.png

A02q6.png

It was the second leg of the Champions League quarter-final between Pro Vercelli and Barcelona. Pro lead 1-0 from the first leg after Benoit Le Moal scored a dramatic last minute winner in the Nou Camp and gives Pro Vercelli an extraordinary win and what could be a vital away goal. They're without top goalscorer Maringá and influential midfielders Toplak and Dolci; but could the underdogs form Italy continue to confound the critics and perform above expectations against the Catalan giants?

The answer, sadly, was no.

VkTEV.png

We held on brilliantly in the first half, but the lack of depth in our squad showed after four vital games in two weeks and we were completely bossed in midfield and when a 33-year old Lionel Messi was 1on1 with Buonagura, I knew that the Pro Vercelli Champions League dream was over. Barcelona dominated from thereon and scored again. It wasn't as you'd think an own-goal would be, it really just hit him on the way, so it's a shame to see Pereyra be credited with it.

Although I'm a little disappointed, it was hardly surprising. We don't have a squad that should be beating Barcelona and Manchester United away from home. Not yet anyway. We'll be back next year. Don't you worry about that.

Now to focus on securing the Scudetto.

Its a hurdle to overcome just like relegation back to Serie B was all those moons ago.

Champions League glory won't be far off!!

Have you thought about making the stadium bigger? Whats the plan if/when you win the league and Champions Lge?

This will be my final update on this thread for today (well, tonight) so people can catch up and don't have half a season to read up on. I'm going to try and think of how I can make a massive finale to the season - but I'll experiment on another forum and see how it goes. I want comments and stuff on this one, though, so I'll update at peak times when people are on-line so they can follow. It'll all be over for me, though, but it gives me time of thinking how to build up suspense and stuff and how to make it feel "live" (Oh, if we ever get to the Champions League final, I have a massive idea planned out) so you can feel how I felt. I really just hope we don't f**k up!

April 2021

April was going to be a massive month for us, with the league in the business end.

fk5bt.png

We made hard work of Udinese but got the three points anyway, and fairly simple wins over Napoli and Genoa saw us get a further six points on our quest for the Scudetto... Until we met Bari. I fucking hate Bari. We've played Bari 13 times and they've won 7 out of those. We've won five times, but they always seem to catch us out. Never have we managed to do the double over them, and this season was no different. A shambolic performance sees us drop three vital points.

fPXVA.png

However, we are now top of the league.

One point. Just the one point separates me and Parma. There is absolutely no scope for slipping up now.

Unlucky with the Barca result but the progress you've made is brilliant! Also losing games like that can create a grudge and a need for revenge I find biggrin.gif

Oh, don't worry. When that wee Spanish p***k Lionel Messi becomes a manager, he is in for it.

Have you thought about making the stadium bigger? Whats the plan if/when you win the league and Champions Lge?

I haven't asked the board yet. They're still paying off the loan they got for the building of the current stadium (this is only our second season playing in it) but I might ask to see what they can do. In real life, the population of Vercelli is only 45,000-odd, so I don't know if Football Manager takes that into account! I want the youth system and the training facilities to be improved further, though, so I might ask them about that first.

My plans?

If I had won the league last season, I would have maybe given it up. That was my aim, and to have went from obscurity in the C2 to winning Serie A in nine full seasons would have been miraculous and I would have probably left it at that because I think the shock factor would have gone. I love to perform above expectations and defy all odds. If I had finished in the Europa League spots I would have kept going like I am just now and build up. The fact we exceeded expectations so much and finished 3rd when we were supposed to be 16th annoyed me a little!

However, that was not the case, and we finished in the Champions League spots. I plan on winning the league (hopefully this season!) and then try and win the Champions League - that's the aim now. I originally wanted Pro Vercelli to be fighting with the big dogs again after 100 years of decline but now I want them to taste not only Italy's best offerings, but I want them to be the champions of Europe.

You're not going to finish the season?! :(

Not on P&B tonight, no. I want to add suspense and stuff for the countdown to the final and update when more people will be on-line. I can send you a link to the other thread on a different website if you want which will be just the updates that I plan on doing to this, only tonight and not tomorrow.

Not on P&B tonight, no. I want to add suspense and stuff for the countdown to the final and update when more people will be on-line. I can send you a link to the other thread on a different website if you want which will be just the updates that I plan on doing to this, only tonight and not tomorrow.

Put the link up for people who can't wait, me being one.

Put the link up for people who can't wait, me being one.

Sortitoutsi

I was about to say where we were... The final page, obviously! Nothing up yet. Just working on the Triestina match.

There won't be much different on this than what will be on that - it's just that people comment on this one and very few people comment on the other one and I'd rather people didn't have two or three pages to catch up on tomorrow and should be up to date before the drama unfolds...

Actually, ignore all that. I forgot how long it takes to update match-by-match. I'll just update as it comes up on both websites. The Triestina result should be up soon but I'm unsure I'll get any more done tonight.

As we're heading to the climax of the season, it's time for the old match by match style of posts.

These are the fixtures that each team needs to play.

Ia8Ty.png

Both teams have some hard fixtures but some easy ones too. I have to play already relegated Mantova, mid-table Triestina and Europe-chasing Fiorentina and Roma. Inter Milan play the three teams who have just missed out on the relegation places and high flying Palermo, meanwhile holders Parma face already relegated Genoa but have three teams who are above mid-table and pushing for Europe.

Here goes.

Week 35

Inter and Parma kicked off earlier than our game did, so we know what we had to do.

9JLxe.png

Fortunately for us, they both only got a point, so we could slip up if we needed. We wanted the three points of course.

The first half finished goalless but Pro Vercelli looked more likely to make something happen. Triestina's goalkeeper, Mazzon, who Pro were once interested in, was having an amazing game and stopping everything Pro had to throw at him.

Ritter takes the corner...

Floats it in to Le Moal...

zhTDN.png

...Le Moal to Reinaldo...

GOAL!

Pro Vercelli go 1-0 up!

Mazzon kicks the ball up the pitch and Ritter heads it away...

It goes right over the defence to Benoit Le Moal!

xPPtM.png

Le Moal one on one with Mazzon...

CJTNg.png

...and he slots it away no problem at all!

GOAL!

2-0 to Pro Vercelli!

Ritter again with the corner...

He floats it into the box...

Reinaldo rises!

uHS8t.png

GOAL!

Reinaldo with his second of the game and his fifth of the season! He goes off to celebrate with the fans!

Full time: Pro Vercelli 3-0 Triestina.

Xz8qf.png

It doesn't get much easier than that, does it? They offered nothing - Mazzon being the only reason we didn't score more. He was man of the match today.

Hkbwy.png

This weekends results mean that Torino have been relegated. I'll just concentrate on the top three now, though the fact that Parma and Inter slipped up makes excellent reading on the table. Three games to go. Nine points at stake.

Archived