Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Sorry scrap that, they've been been in contact of the club since day 1

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/jul/27/rangers-relaunched-brechin

It's easy to forget, in amongst all of the strangers to the truth who have been involved, that McCoist's bitterness was often couched in completely glib and shameless terms.

From that same article:

"In recent days I have bumped into Celtic, Hearts and Motherwell fans, and they were saying the same thing: 'It's time to stop kicking Rangers and start getting Scottish football looking forward, not back'. I couldn't agree more."

To paraphrase another of his poisonous outbursts, "Who were those people?"

If King gets control, who knows where it will head?

Genuine question: If/when a new share issue comes along, what are the chances of serious money being raised? I'd have thought the institutional investors would be hard to coax, but I don't really understand that world. The fact that Green managed, makes me think there must be potential again.

What about fans? Again, would enough be willing/able to buy shares, to raise big sums? We know that even David Murray struggled to raise money this way when all was ostensibly, well. Would the travails since make doing so again, more or less likely now?

I don't actually go along with the idea that King is trying to make money from Rangers. I suspect it's more about ego, but I don't know if he's willing to spend much money of his own to have it massaged.

I've no idea how this will go if King gets control. I do enjoy the idea that some on here refer to him as one of "the good guys" though. It's almost as much fun as the suggestion that people on here are striving to"diiscredit" him, as if any of us could possibly do that further.

I'm sure that eventuality will lead to many hours of entertainment, not least when the football authorities get greased up and let King David slip them one.

Is there the possibility Mikee has left some booby traps around the place that'll knock the glib and shameless liar off his feet, Madonna style? Will they all go off at once?

Perhaps King will have realised that simply chucking money into a black hole won't actually fill it.

The warchest will return, naturally. I reckon there's a job or two for pliant hacks at Glasgow newspapers looking to make the jump into corporate comms.

8 Kips

Not long now boys.

i'm worried that it'll end in in tears for you. even if king gets in what makes him the better option.?

he has stated in the past he'll not put any of his own money into the club.

has Ashley still got the option of putting 2 men on the board?

who owns ibrox?

what assets has Ashley got?

when are wages due and do you need a loan to pay for them?

It's easy to forget, in amongst all of the strangers to the truth who have been involved, that McCoist's bitterness was often couched in completely glib and shameless terms.

From that same article:

"In recent days I have bumped into Celtic, Hearts and Motherwell fans, and they were saying the same thing: 'It's time to stop kicking Rangers and start getting Scottish football looking forward, not back'. I couldn't agree more."

To paraphrase another of his poisonous outbursts, "Who were those people?"

I know a few of "these people" they are fewer than those of a similar mind to us and have a lesser intensity in their interest in the game than us but they do exist and are not rare.

Opinions are varied, all are valid. Like arseholes, everyone has one but barring your own, they all stink.

Worrying news, that Dave King's faction of fannies might be about to take over the NewCo. I remember exactly how effective he was, the last time he was involved with a Scottish football club.

I'm sure you'll all agree that the possibility of yet another financial dodger taking over New Rangers and installing a spend, spend, spend policy is a very frightening prospect, due to that policy's long and storied history of unblemished success, and one that we're all super-keen to avoid.

And this current "Just you wait", "back where we belong" hilarity out of the Bears is every bit as frightening and intimidating as it was back when they were pinning all of their hopes for supremacy upon Charlie Green.

And, correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'm sure I read somewhere that Ashley had effectively clamped the NewCo into the financial equivalent of one of those Saw-style spring-loaded traps that pull your intestines out and rip your eyelids off if you so much as move an inch. It was something along the lines of, Boot Ashley out, and he'll fvck off with all of the profit streams.

Maybe I misunderstood, or was taken in by those awful internet bloggers again. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

Edited by flyingrodent

Have they accepted that Minty Moonbeams was the ultimate arch-villain yet or is he still seen as a good Rainjurz man?

They are quick to stick the boot into Murray but happy to bask in the glory that was achieved under his leadership.

No, as usual you are wrong. He's clearly saying that......

What? He's saying you easily led muppets will whine when it all goes wrong. Again.

Oh dear. The pair of you offering hauners to an abject post from an abject poster. The diddies love to hunt in packs, eh?