Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Binding on who? Who agreed that it was binding and final? The SFA executive decided when the chairman had an EBT it was final and can undecide. The SFA may not have been able to make that decision anyway without consultation with it's members.

I don't think the SFA should be crowing to loudly about what it "decided"

I honestly don't know, which is why I said "apparently binding". I don't know how that works or how robust any such agreement could be.

Right now though, it looks like a hurdle of sorts. Our governing bodies have no appetite for clearing hurdles, maybe even small ones.

Not really it's called an appeal, happens all the time, especially when new evidence (that EBTs were illegal) has come out.

Did the commission's terms of reference allow for the possibility of an appeal? Also, you have to have a basis for an appeal - clearly the CoS verdict isn't 'new evidence'.

Good old sporting integrity, everyone's favourite buzzwords and the green n grey yins will lap this up.

Let the scheming and plotting commence.

Pursuant to this rule, clubs are not allowed to change their legal form or structure in order to obtain a licence, simply by 'cleaning up' their balance sheet while offloading debts onto a new entity that might potentially go bankrupt – thus harming creditors (including employees and social/tax authorities) as well as threatening the integrity of sporting competition.

What the CAS said about changing legal form to shed debt including social taxes based upon UEFAs rulebook.

Yes, there is an absolute contempt towards supporters.I think a massive part of it is how OF centric our game became in the last twenty years. The narrative emerged as they won all the trophies between them and got big crowds, that this was the only way our game could really function. Those clubs became seen as central to generating money. The fact that they got to keep all that money became lost amidst a self serving belief that what suited the OF, must be via some trickle down, be good for the rest of us.This narrative is now so rooted that for the depressingly large numbers who follow OF clubs and for the many who give such matters little independent thought, it's become a received truth that things will be better when the duopoly returns.You're also right about how seriously player registration issues are traditionally treated in our game. The variance now evident in the treatment of different clubs for different offences is now patently absurd.

The contempt for fans is rife and sadly even the national team boss is scathing of fan opinion. I know there are rockets on every forum but compare even this one to a Daily Record phone in and it's minimal. I don't post often but regularly visit and there are some really sharp posters from all clubs on P&B who make more sense than most sports journalists who in the main are conflicted.

The application of rules across the board is a huge issue. The theory that all rules are the same from amateur to semi pro to the top league is absolutely correct but when fear and/or greed and self interest is involved just fire the rule book out the window.

How can Ogilvie for example be impartial?

It's gonna take a really brave man or men to bring the Rangers saga to a close but I can't see an end for a long time to come. Worse still if/ when Rangers end up in the top league I'm pretty sure the feeling in and around the grounds will be nastier than ever.

Rangers wished to mask a payment scheme that if exposed might well present them with a tax bill that would undoubtedly see the club liquidated.

Whilst your posts have been of a high standard over the last few pages MT I can't let that wee slip go without highlighting it.

Tsk etc.

Edited by Ned Nederlander

It is astonishing just how many lawyers and legal experts we have in this wee country. Who would have guessed that we have so many people clued up on the intricate and convoluted world of tax law.

We are truly blessed.

Truly blessed ?

Y5UOb.png

Was the punishment

Every time I hear them moan saying "We've been punished enough"

Considering everything that has happened, they really did get off lightly. Being allowed to waltz back into the senior league set up (Airdire or Gretna didn't get this option), a transfer ban while they played in part time league.

Thats it really.

Considering everything that has happened, they really did get off lightly. Being allowed to waltz back into the senior league set up (Airdire or Gretna didn't get this option), a transfer ban while they played in part time league.

Thats it really.

The transfer ban saved them from spunking away even more money than they have.

It is astonishing just how many lawyers and legal experts we have in this wee country. Who would have guessed that we have so many people clued up on the intricate and convoluted world of tax law.

We are truly blessed.

Quite - mibeez if Rangers had hired one of them they wouldn't have gone tits-up.

Thats it really.

Even the transfer ban was very weak.

It was billed as lasting 18 months. Effectively, it covered one window, that of January 2013. It didn't kick in until after summer 2012's window had closed and it was effectively got round in summer 2013, by the acquisition of 'trialists'.

The price has been small - bigger than our game's authorities wished it, but small nonetheless.

We are truly blessed.

Do you reckon?

I think that most of us who have no such expertise are at pains to stress that this is the case. We see more of an attitude of curiosity from many of us, than anything else.

That's not actually a bad thing mate.