Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Would you apply the same calculation to every club that has used EBT's ?? Arsenal were able to cough up when HMRC came chapping on the door, should they be stripped of the title the invincible side won for example?

This isn't about fairness and parity it's nothing more than a frenzied witch hunt.

Only if they were un-affordable.

Wonderful...And I follow the logic of the argument that if we lose the tax case then we probably gained some competitive advantage. I believe that, on behalf of myself and most of the board members who were with me and probably agree with me, that we should apologise for that.”

Dave King.

Why does that poster say 'drag the club into liquidation.' Lolz how can a club get liquidated? It's only companies that can. Someone should've pointed that out at the time.

Ask Tedi why he didn't point it out. Claims he knew all along and didn't hold up a red card.

But for some reason he didn't mention to the other 48k in the stadium they had all got it wrong and everything would be fine.

Ask Tedi why he didn't point it out. Claims he knew all along and didn't hold up a red card.

But for some reason he didn't mention to the other 48k in the stadium they had all got it wrong and everything would be fine.

Or the MSM, or Charlies Green etc.....

Tedi must have been the only one who known this

Richard Wilson on the radio making a big deal about how Rangers thought that the EBTs as used were fine at the time, and how retrospective punishments are unacceptable.

Which kind of raises questions about why Rangers felt it necessary to conceal the terms of their contracts from the authorities in side-letters, then refused to comply with Hector.

It also makes me wonder what kind of punishments aren't "retrospective". They all are, aren't they? Even a red card is.

Richard Wilson on the radio making a big deal about how Rangers thought that the EBTs as used were fine at the time, and how retrospective punishments are unacceptable.

Which kind of raises questions about why Rangers felt it necessary to conceal the terms of their contracts from the authorities in side-letters, then refused to comply with Hector.

It also makes me wonder what kind of punishments aren't "retrospective". They all are, aren't they? Even a red card is.

Haven't teams retrospectively been kicked out the Scottish Cup for administration mistakes despite "winning it on the park"

Haven't teams retrospectively been kicked out the Scottish Cup for administration mistakes despite "winning it on the park"

I suppose the difference is that that would be in the same season.

But if "retrospective punishments" mean "You can't void the result after the competition has finished", how do we ever deal with cheats? That's the thing about cheating - it's designed so that people don't detect it at the time. I mean, are all those cheating Russian athletes safe with their medals, just because they did their cheating years ago?

None of these defences ring true, not one.

Edited by flyingrodent

Would you apply the same calculation to every club that has used EBT's ?? Arsenal were able to cough up when HMRC came chapping on the door, should they be stripped of the title the invincible side won for example?

This isn't about fairness and parity it's nothing more than a frenzied witch hunt.

Genuine question Robert, for I do not know the answer to it:

Did Arsenal deliberately register their players with false contractual information?

That's what title stripping is about old chum. Rangers - as with all clubs - were required to register their players by disclosing details of their contracts. Rangers gave false information on this to conceal the fact that they were operating a scheme they knew to be borderline illegal.

Did Arsenal do similar?

If so, I'll join you Rob in the campaign to see Henry, Vierra and co, hand those medals back.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

The Arsenal point is moot.

The paid/settled the tax bill with HMRC, therefore didn't illegally withhold the tax.

As has been said ad-nauseum, its not the EBTs, it's the way they are used and the tax due which is the issue.

Genuine question Robert, for I do not know the answer to it: Did Arsenal deliberately register their players with false contractual information? That's what title stripping is about old chum. Ranger - as with all clubs - were required to register their players by disclosing details of their contracts. Rangers gave false information on this to conceal the fact that they were operating a scheme they knew to be borderline illegal. Did Arsenal do similar? If so, I'll join you Rob in the campaign to see Henry, Vierra and co, hand those medals back.

That is just lies. Rangers did not conceal them - they were listed in the accounts and everything...

That Rangers statement is just thrillingly shite.

When I read it on here, I could scarcely believe it. In fact I didn't fully until I saw it on Reporting Scotland there.

A plea that we move on.

An appeal based on the greater good of Scottish football.

Seriously, f**k right off.

It's like Kissinger winning the Nobel prize for peace - that statement renders satire redundant.

It's like Peter Sutcliffe suggesting to the judge that he should move on for the sake of women.

Again, there is no actual defence offered - absolutely none at all, just a request, or command that justice be ignored because they'd like it to be.

Truly staggering.

Edited by Monkey Tennis