Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I was in ASDA today and in the fruit and veg area I found a Celtic birthday cake hiding under the tomatoes. Now, I had no intention of buying cake and had deliberately avoided the cake department but when I saw it , I couldn't resist.

Hey-ho, another half-inch on the waist. :(

Bennett must have been in before you.

A wee bit from the telegraph.

When he makes his first public appearance as chairman on Thursday, King is expected to respond to Ashley’s request for a general meeting to be held in early June. The Rangers directors have already sought legal advice on the competence of the Newcastle United owner’s requisition, which includes a motion demanding the immediate repayment of a £5 million loan advanced to the club earlier this year.

The timing of Ashley’s move puts pressure on the club prior to the annual renewal of season tickets, which cannot begin until Rangers know whether they will play in the Scottish Championship or Premiership next season. King is unlikely to reveal the detail of his projected financial input until Rangers’ fortunes in the playoffs have been determined.

Meanwhile, in another twist in the byways of this saga, Telegraph Sport understands that Ashley will succeed in his appeal against the outcome of the SFA’s case against him for breaking their rules on dual ownership.

He was found guilty and fined £7,500 in early March. However, it has emerged that the lawyers working for Ashley – whose net worth has been estimated at £3billion – have specifically disputed the fine as being disproportionate, although the maximum penalty is £10,000.

The rules, of course, take no account of a culprit’s means and the SFA is understood to have accepted his plea, although how much the Sports Direct owner will save from the lengthy process has yet to be revealed.

More immediately, Rangers have asked the police for permission to admit fans at the Ibrox turnstiles for the Hibs game

So King's investment went from unconditional when he got rid of the old board, to passing the fit and proper test to now being dependant on where they finish this season. :unsure2:

I see Hibs have managed to launch their season tickets for 2015 -2016 despite not knowing which division they'll be playing in.

But perhaps they're not trying to fill a war chest.

It just couldn't happen anywhere else, could it? Sense, reason and indeed prescribed articles just utterly discarded in favour of the misheld belief that Scottish football needs a strong The Rangers and the financial benefits of their sectarian rivalry with their opposite cheek. How a man who has been convicted of tax fraud in South Africa and was also complicit in tax skulduggery and the liquidation of the previous incarnation of The Rangers can be considered fit and proper is beyond me (although, as Pozbaird put it elsewhere, he's 'fit and proper for those c*nts'). The ruling body is every bit as corrupt as has been previously suggested; this is nothing short of an absolute disgrace on the game in Scotland (and I wonder if Fifa won't have something to say on this).

I will be interested to see if the fawning media just roll over and get their tummies tickled again or if anyone actually pursues the SFA for the true rationale involved in this bizarre ruling. Either way, I'm satisfied that this will not end well; King has too much form as a corporate scumbag for The Rangers to survive his chairmanship.

sevco fans celebrating one of the most corrupt deceitful b4stards you could set a pair of squinty eyes on, being given the reigns of their new club.

Celtic fans in tears that a corrupt shameless liar has taken over a club they claim to have no rivalry with.

The pair of you are quite possibly the thickest groups of fans known to man!

Don't ever change, you crazy fckin morons.

Two cheeks, same arse. You couldn't make it up!

Exactly.

And how's it taken them this long to realise the SFA will rip-up every rule book they've got to accomodate sevco?

A warm welcome to Dave King.

Hopefully this opens the door for other boardroom heroes such as SDM, Martin Bain, Lord Craig Whyte and Sir Charles Verde of Provenance 8)

Any suggestions how long it'll be before the Visigoths realise King is just another spiv and start lambasting the SFA for declaring him 'fit and proper'?

Any suggestions how long it'll be before the Visigoths realise King is just another spiv and start lambasting the SFA for declaring him 'fit and proper'?

A long time. They will keep pumping money in now until it all goes tits up again.

They will be warned all the way but won't believe it until the sheriff's officers are papped on the steps of Ibrox.

Anyone hear Bomber Brown make a fool of himself - once again - on Sportsound. Basically blaming Spence and Tom English for not doing enough digging on Craig Whyte at the time, and overdigging on Dave King.

The timing of Ashleys move puts pressure on the club prior to the annual renewal of season tickets, which cannot begin until Rangers know whether they will play in the Scottish Championship or Premiership next season.

Didn't stop Hibs 14 months ago.

Didn't stop Hibs this summer either.

Or Rangers for that matter in 2012

Edited by Gaz FFC

I don't think anyone is upset at King taking over sevco, the mans a complete scumbag, fits the roll perfect and will take millions from the braindead orks like tedi cause they will see it as GIRUY to Celtic and the SFA. I think people are upset at the levels of corruption that has allowed a convicted scumbag to pass as fit and proper.. :rolleyes:

Ally's back? :o