Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Sky aren't showing any games apparently this season?

f**k off Sky

Do you say that because the schedule is off Sky at the moment? It was confirmed it was taken down while they rejig the fixtures.

Any news on whether employees are being let go at Ibrox today?

Paddypower giving odds of 11/2 that Sevco dont win the 3rd division, and 5/1 on the Jags winning the 1st. A wee cheeky £10 double methinks. rolleyes.gif

Sky cannot put up any upcoming spl games since they dont have the rights to any spl games at the moment. That list means nothing. Discussions are ongoing with Doncaster who has set his own deadline of December 2014 for a final decision.

I see :)

Your spot on, there are massive costs that can't be calculated. A social worker I know once told me about a lad at a glasgow school who was deemed to be a Celtic fan though he apparently didn't care much for football at all anyway one day apparently Celtic beat rangers 6-2 though I have to confess I don't recall this ( around 6-8 yrs ago ) anyway he was squarely battered at school on the Monday, came into school raging on the Tuesday tooled up with a brick but was quickly beaten up a second time, police and courts became involved and eventually repeated threats against the boys familly led to the parents breaking up over the space of a couple of years and the lad going into foster care and borstal. He's now in a long time psychiatric unit with his care costing around 2 grand a week. He's only early 20s now ( can anyone be arses working out 2 grand a week over another 60 years not to mention the time he's been there his borstal costs. Social work costs. Teachers taking days to attend court n children's panel. Children's panel costs. Schools having to get agency teachers to cover teacher court and panel days.

Maybe loads of other costs I havnt thought of and this is one side incident around a single old firm game, if you really think hard and you live in the west if Scotland you will be able to recall many incidents where an old firm game has cost society money that won't be in any official figures

:lol:

Seems that the image and naming rights have been sorted then?????

484507_455034704528280_1571985280_n.jpg

Or have they used the name and badge illegally????????

Are you lot still banging on about this pish?

Sevco bought the business. That includes the assets, the brand, any intellectual property, the goodwill etc. There are no issues about trading as Rangers, using the crest etc. because they own all these things. Similarly there is no problem with them using the trading name of company which is about to be liquidated because these circumstances (buying all the assets or substantially all the assets of a business from an administrator with the intention of continuing to trade as that business) are exempt from the general prohibition on the re-use of company names/trading names.

This story generates enough genuine intrigue without flogging this particular rotting carcass for more cheap thrills.

Edited by Pull My Strings

Any news on whether employees are being let go at Ibrox today?

Paddypower giving odds of 11/2 that Sevco dont win the 3rd division, and 5/1 on the Jags winning the 1st. A wee cheeky £10 double methinks. rolleyes.gif

Did you notice the price on the cheats wining div 3 thus year ?

FFS i'm getting sick of idiots repeating shite.

It's not a Phoenix company if none of the original directors are involved (not proven yet that they are still involved)

There is no mandatory 3 years of accounts needed - it's optional

12 quid a ticket is NOT the maximum that D3 teams can charge.

Sevco were not relegated

This isn't just at you Hellbhoy, i'm just being a grumpy old bar steward :P

Everyone, please feel free to add to the list of myths being perpetuated.

Here's a good example. You should go over to mordor and tell them!:bounce3

Posted Today, 06:28 PM

I know the England talk is a long shot, but if Pompey went bust and died there would be an empty spot, would it be possible for us to apply for that?

There was obviously that talk of buying Bury and using their spot in the FL - would be possible instead to just take Pompey's when they die?

uk.gif

eta sorry, just realised this guy is probably undercover

Edited by cyderspaceman

Sky cannot put up any upcoming spl games since they dont have the rights to any spl games at the moment. That list means nothing. Discussions are ongoing with Doncaster who has set his own deadline of December 2014 for a final decision.

Sky have a contract for at least another season and possibly two. The unsigned deal that is on the table is an early renewal and an improved deal. Thats not to say that they wont walk away completely because of the broken clause that Doncaster agreed to, or even re-negotiate the current deal and bin the renewal altogether, but my guess would be that they are waiting till the end of the week to see if they have Rangers games included and they'll be fitting their schedules round that.

I hope so anyway as I was planning a larger chunk of armchair fannery this season.

Edited by Only A Game !

GOOD MORNING TO YOU ALL

I have just read through this entire thread and frankly I am MOST DISGUSTED. It has always been clear to me how the supporters of the "Irish" clubs felt towards Rangers. But a quite shocking REVELATION of the pure bile, vitriol, and animosity, leveled at us from who I assume are otherwise staunch and loyal protestants. You disgust me, sicken me to my stomach. Where is your pride? Where is the love for The Rangers which was once found all across the fair British Isles?

May your 'gods' forgive you for what you have done.

Surely another Seamus alias? If so, best one yet laugh.gif Keep it coming!

Did you notice the price on the cheats wining div 3 thus year ?

Were 1/14, now 1/12..........Mr Power getting worried at the flurry of P+B wagers @ 6/1 + 11/2 :)

Sevco bought the business. That includes the assets, the brand, any intellectual property, the goodwill etc. There are no issues about trading as Rangers, using the crest etc. because they own all these things.

Not quite. They "own" the old club's SFA membership too, but don't yet have permission to use it. Simply buying something in this context doesn't automatically give you the right to use it. It is of course LIKELY that if Sevco reaches agreement in the current negotiations they'll be allowed to trade under Rangers' name and trademarks, but it's not the case yet.

It's still a bit of a grey area the clubs copyrighted images.

It's been stated and posted on here from the HMRC's website on phoenix newco's setting up and trading under a liquidated companies name and copyrighted images.

The HMRC are adamant that no newco should NOT appear as the liquidated company in any way shape or form to trade as if they were a continuation of the old compnay.This means in name "Rangers" as Rangers are the oldco's trading name and is not geographical like Airdrie's circumstances.

So the next logical step is ! what will the HMRC do about Charles Green operating a new company under the guise of playing football under the old companies name and copyright images.It clearly contradicts what the HMRC consider to be a completely new company trading the same goods from the same location or place of residence of the dead company as the dead company.

Sorry, but this is pish. I'm sure you're posting it in good faith but there's no truth to any of it.

It's not a grey area and I would be fascinated to read a genuine, direct quote from HMRC on the subject. A couple of posters with less knowledge than they need have posted their half-understandings on the subject and several others have taken it as gospel. I've already posted the particular legislative exception which clarifies the point. Twice. Most recently two days ago.

Not quite. They "own" the old club's SFA membership too, but don't yet have permission to use it. Simply buying something in this context doesn't automatically give you the right to use it. It is of course LIKELY that if Sevco reaches agreement in the current negotiations they'll be allowed to trade under Rangers' name and trademarks, but it's not the case yet.

You'll forgive me if I take your posts on this subject with a pinch of salt, considering your past form.

Sevco bought the business. That includes the assets, the brand, any intellectual property, the goodwill etc. There are no issues about trading as Rangers, using the crest etc. because they own all these things. Similarly there is no problem with them using the trading name of company which is about to be liquidated because these circumstances (buying all the assets or substantially all the assets of a business from an administrator with the intention of continuing to trade as that business) are exempt from the general prohibition on the re-use of company names/trading names.

This story generates enough genuine intrigue without flogging this particular rotting carcass for more cheap thrills.

So why are Sevco called Sevco and not Rangers Football Club?????