Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

But it was fine for them to let other clubs do their dirty work for them and face threats?

Classy.

One of the many things that P&B has exposed during this fiasco is the blind, stupid loyalty and unquestioning subservience of Celtic fans.

I have seen fans of just about every SPL club make valid and justifiable criticisms of their clubs, chairmen, managers and players who appeared to be taking a pro 'Rangers' line. The one exception has been the Celtic fans who, with the odd honourable exception, have sat back as their club has keep silent during one of the biggest scandals to hit Scottish football.

Two cheeks of the same sectarian driven arse right enough.

As KIllie fans there is a wee ditty we sing to a certain team just down the 77 from us that goes along the lines of

'Ayr Utd won f**k all and never will'

With the necessary name change, I would love to hear diddy fans in div 3 singing it to the newest club in Scottish football! Just to make sure that they can't forget it like!

Do you think the diddier diddies need a wee nudge, I think Sevco's non-knuckledraggers will have a great time and a good few laughs over the next 3 seasons, they might even get into self deprecation.

I don't think there's much point in debating whether or not Newco Rangers can claim the history of Oldco Rangers, because they are going to do it anyway. I don't have any particular problem with that - a team called Rangers won things in the past and a team called Rangers might win things in the future. The financial/legal continuity wouldn't be a problem to me if it was Stirling Albion - I support the team on the park not limited company number whatever it is.

But I would like the the history to be corrected to have any trophies that were won through cheating removed from the official record. And I would be particularly delighted if one of the awards removed from the record books was the title "won" by Billy Dodds.

Edited by Beano3d

would be a shame fucking hilarious in they weren't allowed to use the term "Rangers" at all tongue.giflaugh.gif

Well that should be the case, if the Newsnight legal eagle is correct. She said that The Rangers Football Club name, that they changed to, could only be temporary until BDO came in and they would say that the name is too similar to the bust company. She said the only way the club could keep their name is if it represented the area that the club played in, hence why Airdrie and Wimbledon have kept their names. Sadly for the Orcs, Rangers aint an area of Govan as far as I know, so methinks it will have to go, which if it happens will be the icing on the cake!

Edited by Sting777

surely companies house would have something to say against those suggestions, Imo,far too close to the oldco's name huh.gif

You would think so.

My understanding is that you can only keep part of the old name if it is for geographical reasons, which is obviously not the case, but D&P are going ahead anyway.

Even Doncaster and Regan are openly calling them rangers, which is wrong as they are a new club

Shamelessly nicked from this morning's Herald:

TROUBLE at the Tour de France at the weekend where saboteurs left nails on the road, leading to over a dozen riders suffering falls and punctures.

A punning sports fan phones to tell us: "The winner that day, Luis Leon Sanchez, will wear a Rangers jersey instead of the yellow jersey in recognition of his tacks avoidance."

I don't think there's much point in debating whether or not Newco Rangers can claim the history of Oldco Rangers, because they are going to do it anyway. I don't have any particular problem with that - a team called Rangers won things in the past and a team called Rangers might win things in the future. The financial/legal continuity wouldn't be a problem to me if it was Stirling Albion - I support the team on the park not limited company number whatever it is.

But I would like the the history to be corrected to have any trophies that were won through cheating removed from the official record. And I would be particularly delighted if one of the awards removed from the record books was the title "won" by Billy Dodds.

The football history appears to be tied in with the SFA membership. It is that membership that attaches itself (or is attached) to a company which 'owns and operates' the football club. The chapter which is now unfolding sees the SFA willing to transfer the OldCo membership to NewCo dependant on the NewCo being responsible for the footballing transgressions of OldCo. Effectively pay the debts = keep the history. The alternatives are NewCo being granted an entirely new membership (=no history) or not being granted one at all (=oblivion).

As far as the name of the NewCo goes - that appears to be in the gift of the liquidators BDO at first. But we could have a strange sencario where the SFA membership is transferred but there is an objection to the name change. So a Division 3 club Govan Athletic could still list 54 leagues, etc on the honours board

Well that should be the case, if the Newsnight legal eagle is correct. She said that The Rangers Football Club name, that they changed to, could only be temporary until BDO came in and they would say that the name is too similar to the bust company. She said the only way the club could keep their name is if it represented the area that the club played in, hence why Airdrie and Wimbledon have kept their names. Sadly for the Orcs, Rangers aint an area of Govan as far as I know, so methinks it will have to go, which if it happens will be the icing on the cake!

Maybe they could name the new team "The Reborn And Now Greater England Rejected Sportsmen" or "The R.A.N.G.E.R.S." for short!

Switching gears -

Is there really a need for the Sevco v Celtic forum? They are 3 leagues apart now and save for the old "hot ball cold ball" trick in a cup draw they're not likely to meet for a fair bit of time.

Hell, WE are closer to our rivals - and what about the Dundee/ Edinburgh clubs?

The Rivalry Forum beckons, methinks.

How about it becomes a 'Celtic' forum, and their fans are barred from posting anywhere else? That's beginning to look attractive to me.

Apologies to the three sensible Celtic posters. Well, there are probably three, somewhere.

One of the many things that P&B has exposed during this fiasco is the blind, stupid loyalty and unquestioning subservience of Celtic fans.

I have seen fans of just about every SPL club make valid and justifiable criticisms of their clubs, chairmen, managers and players who appeared to be taking a pro 'Rangers' line. The one exception has been the Celtic fans who, with the odd honourable exception, have sat back as their club has keep silent during one of the biggest scandals to hit Scottish football.

Two cheeks of the same sectarian driven arse right enough.

I'm a Celtic fan but been vocal on other sites against the continued silence of the club throughout all this.

In fact, I suspect Celtic were baw deep in trying to get newco into the SPL or SFL1 to continue the old firm brand and the unfair veto vote.

And the one and only ambigious quote from the club was a disgrace

How about it becomes a 'Celtic' forum, and their fans are barred from posting anywhere else? That's beginning to look attractive to me.

Apologies to the three sensible Celtic posters. Well, there are probably three, somewhere.

Yeah thats a great idea :rolleyes:

They plan to keep basically the same name.

There is a shareholders meeting at the end of the month where "The Rangers Football Club PLC" (in administration) will change its name to "RFC 2012 PLC", at the same time "Servco Scotland Ltd" will change it's name to "The Rangers Football Club Limited"

I really don't see how they can do this. You simply cannot have one club called Rangers (in administration) existing simultaneously with another called Rangers (in SFL3) surely??

Could I make a heartfelt plea to Peterhead fans especially, and to all Div 3 fans, please when you play Newco the FIRST song you sing should be "You're not Rangers, anymore, you're not Rangers any.....more" to the tune of Bread of Heaven (as in you're not singing anymore)?

If a club is an intangible, abstract notion, how can it 'win' anything?

Let's assume the club does exist. It merely attaches itself to some real life company entity

which then 'wins' things.

So, the 'things' belong to the corporate entity, not the 'club' which continues as before,

as an abstract notion.

Howzat?

Similarly, if a "club" is an intangible, abstract notion how does it die? Is it truly a zombie?

But it was fine for them to let other clubs do their dirty work for them and face threats?

Classy.

What dirty work?

Other clubs don't need Celtic to speak for them or vice versa. The fact remains, Celtic voted no to Newco in the SPL. No idea why people make such a big deal out of Celtic's silence.

I really don't see how they can do this. You simply cannot have one club called Rangers (in administration) existing simultaneously with another called Rangers (in SFL3) surely??

It's not simultneous tho, the old co changes then Sevco change

The football history appears to be tied in with the SFA membership. It is that membership that attaches itself (or is attached) to a company which 'owns and operates' the football club. The chapter which is now unfolding sees the SFA willing to transfer the OldCo membership to NewCo dependant on the NewCo being responsible for the footballing transgressions of OldCo. Effectively pay the debts = keep the history. The alternatives are NewCo being granted an entirely new membership (=no history) or not being granted one at all (=oblivion).

As far as the name of the NewCo goes - that appears to be in the gift of the liquidators BDO at first. But we could have a strange sencario where the SFA membership is transferred but there is an objection to the name change. So a Division 3 club Govan Athletic could still list 54 leagues, etc on the honours board

Thats exactly how I interpret it too. If the SFA agree to transfer the membership then it will be the same club.

I think its vitally important that this happens. If it doesnt and newco Rangers are a new club then they will get off with years of cheating scot free.