Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Sorry, but the "just here for the football" bollox doesn't wash. This thread has been peppered with posts from people who have been "raised" as rangers fans but who, when they realised what the club was all about, turned their back on the bigotry and hatred.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, and I'll continue saying it - if you "followed" rangers and claim the gift of free will, you are either actively supporting hatred and bigotry or tacitly condoning it. No wriggle room, no "mah da' made me go", nothing. This institution and all connected with it are a stain on our society.

.......Aaaaannnnd relax......

No. This is entirely the wrong approach. The door is ajar here - encourage it to open further, don't slam it shut. The black-and-white view of the world doesn't encourage the change I think we would all welcome. Communication, dialogue, and shades of grey. Oops that just slipped out.

Sorry, but the "just here for the football" bollox doesn't wash. This thread has been peppered with posts from people who have been "raised" as rangers fans but who, when they realised what the club was all about, turned their back on the bigotry and hatred.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, and I'll continue saying it - if you "followed" rangers and claim the gift of free will, you are either actively supporting hatred and bigotry or tacitly condoning it. No wriggle room, no "mah da' made me go", nothing. This institution and all connected with it are a stain on our society.

Absolute sanctimonious pish.

SFL Board meeting today. The outcome will be emailed (presumably) to member clubs later today which is in line with what the tabloids are saying - that's if the world doesn't end before then! :lol: :lol:

I think it reasonable to assume at this stage that the SFL board`s loyalties and motivation might be at odds with the majority of their member clubs.

What's the point in slagging one of the more sensible Newco fans.We live in a democracy where we should be trying to persuade them round by showing them the error of their ways rather slaughtering them.

No. This is entirely the wrong approach. The door is ajar here - encourage it to open further, don't slam it shut. The black-and-white view of the world doesn't encourage the change I think we would all welcome. Communication, dialogue, and shades of grey. Oops that just slipped out.

There is only one set of fans allowed to have black and white views and that's us......oh and Dunfermline........and Queen's Park......I'll get my coat

What's the point in slagging one of the more sensible Newco fans.We live in a democracy where we should be trying to persuade them round by showing them the error of their ways rather slaughtering them.

Indeed.

Videos like this might give a wee hint as to why he should give up on associating with complete and utter tools:

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

There is only one set of fans allowed to have black and white views and that's us......oh and Dunfermline........and Queen's Park......I'll get my coat

Stop Pandaering to the audience, I'll get my coat too.

I have quite a few Gers mates and some family Gers fans from the wife’s side. Out of a good dozen one is a bigot for sure. However the other 11 are just your average guy/ lassie Have never in my life heard any of them speak bad of other religions. I have heard them slag Celtic off but never in an offensive religions. I’m quite sure many on here know Gers fans the same. That club has it’s element but I’m would say you are being narrow minded to class all the same.

Let's fast-forward two years here. Sevco are now back in the SPL in the traditional two-horse race. Nothing has changed. Doncaster and Regan have rescued Sevco and Kilmarnock. Hurrah. The rest of us are fucked off and the decline sets in. All the other clubs support waivers, tired of the rigging.

What do we do then?

I have quite a few Gers mates and some family Gers fans from the wife’s side. Out of a good dozen one is a bigot for sure. However the other 11 are just your average guy/ lassie Have never in my life heard any of them speak bad of other religions. I have heard them slag Celtic off but never in an offensive religions. I’m quite sure many on here know Gers fans the same. That club has it’s element but I’m would say you are being narrow minded to class all the same.

So, they don't sing at games?

What about us? I think most folks would choose our strip to be sprawled across the bed.

article-0-140117CF000005DC-478_468x339.jpg

Edited by ayrmad

As my avatar shows, I live in Cumbernauld. I was heading home half an hour ago, and as always, was driving around the Broadwood roundabout. On the spur of the moment, I diverted down the Broadwood stadium road and parked at the stadium. There's two buildings on either side of the main stand which are gyms and stuff, and were being used by schoolkids and mums during the holidays. I was looking for the main entrance to see if anyone from Clyde was working. My intention was (as I was wearing my St Mirren rain jacket), to simply knock the door, point to my club crest, and mutter something encouraging in their direction about their statement, and how I supported their stance, would go to see them this season, blah, blah. Anyway - their office was locked, probably on lunch. However, you could wander up and down the corridors, past the boardroom, the press room, the corporate boxes etc. Absolutely no-one around, so I looked at all the photos on the wall. Clyde heroes from days gone by, Clyde captains with trophies, wearing big tackety boots and covered in mud - in front of massive, massive crowds. There were photos of Shawfield, old Clyde teams, new Clyde teams, photos from Broadwood - the works.

It got me thinking about that cnut Burley and his article about 'diddy' clubs with small crowds trying to dictate to the big boys what the score is.

Here's the news Burley - clubs like Clyde are what Scottish football is all about, and every last one of them is entitled to their say and vote.

Bit of a rant, but 'mon' the diddies' is the message I suppose.

Let's fast-forward two years here. Sevco are now back in the SPL in the traditional two-horse race. Nothing has changed. Doncaster and Regan have rescued Sevco and Kilmarnock. Hurrah. The rest of us are fucked off and the decline sets in. All the other clubs support waivers, tired of the rigging.

What do we do then?

'Fucking Booo!!'

<_<

What do we do then?

Follow follow presumably.