Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Jimmy Carr isn't an association comedian doing his comedy under the rules of the Scottish Comedy Association and gigging as part of the Carr-Rangers side in the Scottish Comedy Leagues set up.

Jimmy doesn't have two contracts, one registered with the SCA and one that isn't.

However, the Wheel Tappers & Shunters are investigating, "On behalf of the Committee", that he was registered as a Double Act. ;)

At the risk of incurring further wrath, I just want to clarify that it was an analogy I used when comparing the dead club to a large furniture retailer and as such can't see why everyone was getting a little uncomfortable about that.

Lots of people have used analogies on this thread, most of them funny. Apologies if mine offended or was received as a little bitter suite. Anyhow, back on topic and with todays funny news about the new potential bidders it would seem that more hilarity is to come.

Sofa, so good.......

ETA: What I'm getting at, is that without P&B I wouldn't know the half of what's going on. If only the word could be spread.

I actually feel sorry for the people who have been getting their information from the mainstream media, titter ye not, especially the club formally known as Rangers fans. We think it has been a roller coaster ride on here, imagine not having the optimistic news and opinions some of the guys on here have provided.

My old man is 87, and is a bit of a Rangers man. It's been murder actually trying to explain to him the news as we on here have seen it as he is relying on the pish in the Record and Radio Scotland. Every time he gets his hopes up, I have to dash them for hoim. It's not a nice thing to do to be honest.

At the risk of incurring further wrath, I just want to clarify that it was an analogy I used when comparing the dead club to a large furniture retailer and as such can't see why everyone was getting a little uncomfortable about that.

Lots of people have used analogies on this thread, most of them funny. Apologies if mine offended or was received as a little bitter suite. Anyhow, back on topic and with todays funny news about the new potential bidders it would seem that more hilarity is to come.

Sofa, so good.......

Don't mention sofas - I got negged for it!!!!!

I actually feel sorry for the people who have been getting their information from the mainstream media, titter ye not, especially the club formally known as Rangers fans. We think it has been a roller coaster ride on here, imagine not having the optimistic news and opinions some of the guys on here have provided.

My old man is 87, and is a bit of a Rangers man. It's been murder actually trying to explain to him the news as we on here have seen it as he is relying on the pish in the Record and Radio Scotland. Every time he gets his hopes up, I have to dash them for hoim. It's not a nice thing to do to be honest.

A most apt post for 50,000. It is hard trying to tell those who live off the gers media reports that they are well and truly fcuked. And for your old man it must be particularly tough as he can remember his side winning (comparably) fairly.

I thinkI know no8's ID on FF - but it's too obvious!

Best wishes on hols bud

PM who you think i am...I'll let you know if you are correct. It has nothing to do with No8 or Gazza.

And thanks for the best wishes..I am going to get drunker than a big drunk thing for the first few days.

Saw them live @ T in 1998 or 99?

Same here. Last band on in '98 I believe. I was a dirty little rubbish-collector raising funds for a scout-trip at the time, using my magic yellow high-vis staff vest to get through to the front row laugh.gif

Also made a tidy wee sum punting spare vests to random folk without tickets. ph34r.gif

Edited by Hedgecutter

That's pretty much my point. Every time I visit my folks, they give me the latest they've read about "The Rangers", only for my opening line to normally be "don't believe the stuff you read in the Daily Ranger" and then proceed to try and explain to them what's really going on.

It's just a shame no major media outlet decided to take the lead and report the real story behind the whole Rangers saga, other than the occasional thing by the Daly or Thomson etc.

(Daly & Thomson, ha, never spotted that before)

That's pretty much my point. Every time I visit my folks, they give me the latest they've read about "The Rangers", only for my opening line to normally be "don't believe the stuff you read in the Daily Ranger" and then proceed to try and explain to them what's really going on.

It's just a shame no major media outlet decided to take the lead and report the real story behind the whole Rangers saga, other than the occasional thing by the Daly or Thomson etc.

(Daly & Thomson, ha, never spotted that before)

My grandad's unfortunately a Rangers fan (raised in Glasgow though I suppose) and he says he's just ignoring it as trying to follow the whole saga's just a waste of time. To his credit, he's been living in Dumfries for ~30 years now and now goes to all the Queens home games anyway.

Edited by Hedgecutter