Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The article it links to - here - is a sensible enough article. Maybe The Rangers Standard website should get more publicity

it's a decent enough article from a 'sober' Ger fan IMHO - would like to hear what the OK P&B user Gers fans think of the points

Thanks mr X

so its reasonable to assume that Green commented that should the transfer ban be lifted that there was cash there to purchase new players so im guessing that this cash is being used, if indeed Green is paying any cash to old Rangers at the moment to keep the wages going etc.

Somethings not right with the figures here, I cant see how a company who made losses of £10m a year even when they were in europe can turn a profit without selling a decent chunk of their first team.

Especially as it looks like income across the board is going to be hit with boycotts change of sponsorship deals etc no matter what happens or what league they play in.

Just cant see a business model that can get them surviving again.

AND THE FANS ARE FICKLE, WHEN THEY DONT WIN THEY WILL STOP GOING TO MATCHES. and then blame Green of course.

Its interesting though, when the bunnet came into celtic most of us embraced him, rangers fans seem keen to stick the boot into the guy trying to do the same thing for Rangers because he didnt help build the marble staircase there.

If it is I don't think they'd put up with him for more than 24 hours. Probably the first time in history an asylum seeker would be evicted with a swift kick up the arse.

In case anyone didn't see it elsewhere there was disappointment that Chic young wasn't commentating on the Sweden game last night. He could have said "This is Chic in Kiev".

Have a greenie. 8)

Thanks mr X

so its reasonable to assume that Green commented that should the transfer ban be lifted that there was cash there to purchase new players so im guessing that this cash is being used, if indeed Green is paying any cash to old Rangers at the moment to keep the wages going etc.

Somethings not right with the figures here, I cant see how a company who made losses of £10m a year even when they were in europe can turn a profit without selling a decent chunk of their first team.

Especially as it looks like income across the board is going to be hit with boycotts change of sponsorship deals etc no matter what happens or what league they play in.

AND THE FANS ARE FICKLE, WHEN THEY DONT WIN THEY WILL STOP GOING TO MATCHES. and then blame Green of course.

Its interesting though, when the bunnet came into celtic most of us embraced him, rangers fans seem keen to stick the boot into the guy trying to do the same thing for Rangers because he didnt help build the marble staircase there.

You've inadvertently hit the nail on the head there. Greens plan, it seems, is to bring players in on the cheap and then flog them on for a profit, both for the club and his agent/investor friends.

I think its important to remember, though, that £10m was lost trying to win the SPL and "compete" in Europe. With lower expectations and less success there shouldnt be any reason why any new Rangers club shouldnt be able to operate at a profit in the SPL.

I personally reckon Green was trying to pull as fast one with Smiths bid and theyve walked away rather than renegotiate higher.

Probably because deep down they know that there is no real prospect of Rangers, in any way shape or form existing in a year or twos time.

Where is Green's response to the news that Smith has pulled out?

It's weird because for a guy who all rangers fans seem to love he has really damaged Greens chances of building up the new club again and now the fans are only trying to support him because he is all they have left.

it's a decent enough article from a 'sober' Ger fan IMHO - would like to hear what the OK P&B user Gers fans think of the points

What if Green does a "Whytie" with the ticket money? Let's say he gets half of the normal sales, that's 25,000 at £300(?)

that's £7.5 million, six weeks into the new season decides it's non-viable, and goes for liquidation again. Just a point to ponder, Berrs, if you're planning to buy those books.

What if Green does a "Whytie" with the ticket money? Let's say he gets half of the normal sales, that's 25,000 at £300(?)

that's £7.5 million, six weeks into the new season decides it's non-viable, and goes for liquidation again. Just a point to ponder, Berrs, if you're planning to buy those books.

OK at the risk of drawing the obvious response, can there be anyone on the planet stupid enough to buy a season ticket for Ibrox given the current (currant?) situation?

You've inadvertently hit the nail on the head there. Greens plan, it seems, is to bring players in on the cheap and then flog them on for a profit, both for the club and his agent/investor friends.

I think its important to remember, though, that £10m was lost trying to win the SPL and "compete" in Europe. With lower expectations and less success there shouldnt be any reason why any new Rangers club shouldnt be able to operate at a profit in the SPL.

Thats what i'm kind of driving at in a non driving way haha, with an underperforming Rangers, especially one in the 3rd Division, the transfer fees they would demand would be miniscule compared to what they can demand now (as the players have europe experience, national team experience etc etc)

The likes of Fleck and, for example, Forrest for Celtic only sell on for millions because of the stature of the clubs, Rangers wont have that luxury anymore and, without disrespect, the players value will be similar to, if for example, Kilmarnock or St Johnstone were selling.

And the crowds will dwindle as the quality drops.

Rangers might reform as Rangers of Govan or whatever else it wants to call itself but the old Rangers truly is dead, regardless of what the supporters of the club may think.

It also, to me, highlights that Green simply does not have the investment of backers that he initially is aluding to, he seems keen to ensure the players transfer to newco, not to play them, but to ensure the newco can raise funds by flogging them on

Angry man!

https://twitter.com/...3444096/photo/1

(Another reason this lot should be expelled from Scottish football forever)

I still don't get the CevcoMedia mantra/FF mantra that Seltik someohow had a peodo scandal therefore Ranjurs can steal £140m and be better than Seltik and all the other scums who don't have Ian Paisley tatood on their butts next to the 5 wee stars - explain please!!!!!

OK at the risk of drawing the obvious response, can there be anyone on the planet stupid enough to buy a season ticket for Ibrox given the current (currant?) situation?

I won't make the obvious response, just point you in the direction of the "Ugly" videos posted a couple of pages back. Really, a very shallow gene pool.

Thanks mr X

I had a couple of points rattling about in my head but they are very disjointed. Maybe some smart person can join them (or shoot them up.)

Someone mentioned earlier that SFL 3 charges £12 to get into a game. Assuming Toxic FC went into SFL3, could Chuckie Green Consortium possibly set things up whereby :-

a) Chuckie holds on to the assets (MP and Deathstar) and charges the club rental.

b) Chuckie sets up a fan stakeholder scheme. (I know, I know....) Fans pay for season tickets but pay SPL normal rates. The 'overpayment' goes into the pot which allows the club access to operating capital and the amount is also credited to each individual fan's account. The long term goal would obviously be to get them back into the SPL / top flight.

I kind of ran out of steam / couldnae be arsed at that point.

It's shite anyway, isn't it ? :D :D

Isn't this the plan of most football clubs. Its a lot easier said than done though.

Youngsy claimed to have renewed his season ticket

Thats what i'm kind of driving at in a non driving way haha, with an underperforming Rangers, especially one in the 3rd Division, the transfer fees they would demand would be miniscule compared to what they can demand now (as the players have europe experience, national team experience etc etc)

The likes of Fleck and, for example, Forrest for Celtic only sell on for millions because of the stature of the clubs, Rangers wont have that luxury anymore and, without disrespect, the players value will be similar to, if for example, Kilmarnock or St Johnstone were selling.

And the crowds will dwindle as the quality drops.

Rangers might reform as Rangers of Govan or whatever else it wants to call itself but the old Rangers truly is dead, regardless of what the supporters of the club may think.

It also, to me, highlights that Green simply does not have the investment of backers that he initially is aluding to, he seems keen to ensure the players transfer to newco, not to play them, but to ensure the newco can raise funds by flogging them on

But he's not doing anything to ingratiate himself to the players, as he's not talking to them. Is he going to appeal to their sense of honour, as Rangers men, to forego their potential signing-on fees as free agents, and take one for the team, to give him a pot to buy new players and leave him with a profit? Jeez, they'd be as daft as their fans if they did that. .

I still don't get the CevcoMedia mantra/FF mantra that Seltik someohow had a peodo scandal therefore Ranjurs can steal £140m and be better than Seltik and all the other scums who don't have Ian Paisley tatood on their butts next to the 5 wee stars - explain please!!!!!

Cause they are the people

Apparently the SFA have written to UEFA regarding the (former) Rangers players' contracts and want clarification if UK employment legislation will prevail.

TUPE or not TUPE - that is the question. :lol:

Isn't this the plan of most football clubs. Its a lot easier said than done though.

This is the Kilmarnock plan for the future, at least for the next 2 years under Kenny Sheils.

We have at least 4 good prospects, anyone of who could be the next Stewart H*n and bring in a million plus.

The new 'business model' will be the same as the old one: calling on the 'staunch' support to renew their bigoted ways, while hoping to buy enough success to lure the social inadequates who think it counts as judgement on their own wholly inadequate personal lives.

In one respect, they start from a stronger position than at the start of the Souness years: they have a generation conditioned with success. If they can field a competitive side within the next ten years then they'll be up and running. The knuckledraggers will be back out in force (as they will be, en masse, if they get in any league next season) which gives them much higher revenue than all bar one club in Scotland.

Which is why every effort should be made to strangle this NewCo at birth. It is a unique opportunity to finish this poisonous Glasgow love-in once and for all.